Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

10 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Wow. Imagine getting annoyed at fans who want their club to win. 

Me get annoyed jb, you know me better than that.

You know that's not what I'm saying. It's all the gnashing of teeth and impending doom of talk of relegation from some. It's very much a new team so give them a bit of time.

I think your manager has proven time and time again he knows his job. Pretty sure he will know the players that are not  up to the standard he requires and will be working on solutions. 

All I'm saying to Talbot fans is enjoy your team.

Remember some of the teams I watch throughout the year. 😉😉

13 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I dont know any hard working right-wingers ... they're all Capitalist pig dogs who make money off the backs of the proletariat 

post of the week 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Jesus man, Talbot fans get a grip of yourself. You are 5 games into the season nothing is won or lost in August.

Are you all so used to success that when it falls off for a period your whole world just falls in on itself.

There's clubs in the West who are struggling to put a team out each and every game. But the players, coaches, committees and what fans they have turn up do their bit and enjoy it cause it's their team.

It's not all about the winning; it's about being a part of your club and getting enjoyment and satisfaction from that alone.

If all you want is constant success, go follow you know who.

#localfootballisbetter.

I think it's reasonable enough to want to see your side maintain the standard they've set themselves for near on 50 years - it's something we know is realistic and attainable but most people seem to understand that we're in the early stages of this rebuild. 

Nobody is really chucking the toys out of the pram that I've noticed and discussion about the performances has been reasonable and even-handed for the most part - we have been decent at times with some of the new players showing promise but overall there is still a lot to improve to make us a top side again, and it would be downright odd if nobody was raising an eyebrow at where we are sitting in the table. 

43 minutes ago, bigecumnock said:

Not a criticism but did he not sign these players 

It happens at all clubs at all levels. Good players can come in and for a variety of reasons it doesn't quite work out. These players can move to another club and be a great success. 

Others can take a bit of time to settle at a new club with different practices from what they are used to.

I'm pretty sure yer man knows where the new players are at.

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

I think it's reasonable enough to want to see your side maintain the standard they've set themselves for near on 50 years - it's something we know is realistic and attainable but most people seem to understand that we're in the early stages of this rebuild. 

Nobody is really chucking the toys out of the pram that I've noticed and discussion about the performances has been reasonable and even-handed for the most part - we have been decent at times with some of the new players showing promise but overall there is still a lot to improve to make us a top side again, and it would be downright odd if nobody was raising an eyebrow at where we are sitting in the table. 

It's the old rollercoaster scenario. Talbot have only had small downs over these decades, mostly upwards or high flatlining.

Might have to 'endure' a season or two of non-success. Most important aspect is that the people in the committee maintain a smooth and even passage.

But, remember these boys on the park aren't full time pros. Encouragement and positivity gives better results than constant criticising and being told they aren't good enough for the club. Even when they aren't good enough.

#positive affirmation.

14 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Jesus man, Talbot fans get a grip of yourself. You are 5 games into the season nothing is won or lost in August.

Are you all so used to success that when it falls off for a period your whole world just falls in on itself.

There's clubs in the West who are struggling to put a team out each and every game. But the players, coaches, committees and what fans they have turn up do their bit and enjoy it cause it's their team.

It's not all about the winning; it's about being a part of your club and getting enjoyment and satisfaction from that alone.

If all you want is constant success, go follow you know who.

#localfootballisbetter.

Birthday caird pish.

They need folk like Cammy Hitchell, Gavin Goudie, Kenny Paterson. Folk that cared.

I wish my team had their problems.

Pish, pish and more pish. Only good signing this season has been the media man. Looked over at the bench today and looked like they didn’t have a clue nor know what to do. Mccluckies interview a lot of the same pish too. Not happy

1 minute ago, Talfc said:

Pish, pish and more pish. Only good signing this season has been the media man. Looked over at the bench today and looked like they didn’t have a clue nor know what to do. Mccluckies interview a lot of the same pish too. Not happy

Slooves has been decent but i agree with the rest of what you say.

Would be good to hear from the manager occasionally 🙂

41 minutes ago, andy25 said:

At the moment its a certainty. 

Absolutely no quality in the team from middle to front.

The first half wasn't good but they were completely devoid of ideas in the 2nd half. I remember one corner and little else, some awful passing and 2nd to most balls. Not sure what the point in having a trialist on the bench, doesn't get on in midweek and thrown on today in the 87th min. I suppose the only positive today was the return of boylan.  

1 hour ago, andy25 said:

At the moment its a certainty. 

Absolutely no quality in the team from middle to front.

Thank f*ck for Talbot, taking the heat away my teams pish poor start. You don't need any middle?. You go back to front, so can we get Mick Wardrobe back. He must be scunnered playing there anyway.

2 minutes ago, IMX1 said:

Thank f*ck for Talbot, taking the heat away my teams pish poor start. You don't need any middle?. You go back to front, so can we get Mick Wardrobe back. He must be scunnered playing there anyway.

Can we get O’Donnell then 😀

22 minutes ago, IMX1 said:

He’s hopeless, one good game every 6. Just so lazy and holds the ball far too long.