Walking Down the Beechwood Road mk 2

9 hours ago, andy25 said:

Why?

Quite simple really. The man has brought you, me, the village and Talbot fans everywhere such success and happiness many times over that to even contemplate asking him to leave is wrong. 

Tucker has put his heart and soul into the club for 20 years (20 years!!) during which time he has won everything, some many times over. He has never sought the limelight, we have never seen a "soldier of love" type team talk for example, he has just got on with the job. The club have doubtless been good to and for Tommy too but without him, who knows where Talbot would be. The fact that he has had one poor start to a campaign, one which everyone knew was going to be hard, and some fans think the solution is to replace him is bemusing to me.

No wonder other teams say Talbot fans are entitled. 

Edited by jimbaxters

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Quite simple really. The man has brought you, me, the village and Talbot fans everywhere such success and happiness many times over that to even contemplate asking him to leave is wrong. 

Tucker has put his heart and soul into the club for 20 years (20 years!!) during which time he has won everything, some many times over. He has never sought the limelight, we have never seen a "soldier of love" type team talk for example, he has just got on with the job. The club have doubtless been good to and for Tommy too but without him, who knows where Talbot would be. The fact that he has had one poor start to a campaign, one which everyone knew was going to be hard, and some fans think the solution is to replace him is bemusing to me.

No wonder other teams say Talbot fans are entitled. 

Not arguing about what hes done his record is second to none.

But Talbot and Tucker are both stale football is evoling and Talbot are getting left behind.

The football since covid has been absolutely horrendous and the signings in the main have been awful.

We are only going one way at the moment and thats downhill. 

Talbot wont sack him so hopefully he'll look at himself and decide enough is enough. 

Hes a decent man and i wouldn't like to see his reputation tarnished by being the first Talbot manager to get relegated .

10 hours ago, andy25 said:

Why?

If his time is up at Talbot it needs to be handled respectfully. A meeting between committee and management with a joint statement at the end is best option.

In truth it should be Tucker's decision; not coerced or pushed out the door. Anything else imho would show Talbot committee in a bad light.

If he stays on and ends up taking us down then it's a terrible day in the history of the club but it won't stop him being known as our greatest ever manager. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to cut and run just to protect his legacy anyway, he's not that ego driven. 

Replacing now him also isn't a guarantee that we'd suddenly start winning games, so unless a candidate too good to pass up becomes available and willing to step with half a dozen cracking, affordable players in tow I don't see the benefit of replacing him. 

3 hours ago, andy25 said:

Not arguing about what hes done his record is second to none.

But Talbot and Tucker are both stale football is evoling and Talbot are getting left behind.

The football since covid has been absolutely horrendous and the signings in the main have been awful.

We are only going one way at the moment and thats downhill. 

Talbot wont sack him so hopefully he'll look at himself and decide enough is enough. 

Hes a decent man and i wouldn't like to see his reputation tarnished by being the first Talbot manager to get relegated .

Your mouth seems to be shaped for "Absolutely horrendous". The only thing that has been absolutely horrendous is your attitude on here to the club that you supposedly love.

Since Covid Talbot and Tucker have won the Scottish Junior cup, the South Challenge Cup, the WoS League Cup and finished runners up in the league at least once. He has played effective football and the club have backed him. 

If you want the best quality football stay at home and watch one of the big leagues on the telly on a Saturday. 

ETA- I forgot we also beat Hamilton Accies during that time.

Edited by jimbaxters

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Your mouth seems to be shaped for "Absolutely horrendous". The only thing that has been absolutely horrendous is your attitude on here to the club that you supposedly love.

Since Covid Talbot and Tucker have won the Scottish Junior cup, the South Challenge Cup, the WoS League Cup and finished runners up in the league at least once. He has played effective football and the club have backed him. 

If you want the best quality football stay at home and watch one of the big leagues on the telly on a Saturday. 

Im watching it every week your not.

Just keep sticking your head in the sand and pretending everything in the gardens rosy.

Ask the majority of supporters if theyre enjoying what their watching .

6 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Hows my attitude horrendous?

Im giving an honest opinion. Ive been watching Talbot 40+ years and this is the poorest squad in that time.

Outsider here, I come in peace. 

How did Talbot end up losing all their stalwarts and replacing them with a bunch of lads from mid to lower WOSFL sides? I thought it was strange as you guys have done very well with players who knew senior game over the last fifteen years. 

34 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

How did Talbot end up losing all their stalwarts and replacing them with a bunch of lads from mid to lower WOSFL sides? I thought it was strange as you guys have done very well with players who knew senior game over the last fifteen years. 

Probably a bit of a change in landscape to be honest, influenced by inflated finances. Think some LL teams now operating in the same market as the WOS teams.  Probably too much change too soon, the game has changed as well with fitness coaches, sports science and better scouting networks. I think Talbot will need to look at changing scouting, recruitment policies and introduce new elements to the wider team on the football side to support the manager, that will allow him to concentrate more on the football side as well as having the final say for the team related matters. Think we need to try and consolidate this season anything at the moment outside the relegation zone is the target and start the rebuild in a more structured and planned manner. Hopefully Tucker has the appetite to change along with the way the game is at this level as the standard of player is better than previous years in my opinion.

2 hours ago, andy25 said:

Im watching it every week your not.

Just keep sticking your head in the sand and pretending everything in the gardens rosy.

Ask the majority of supporters if theyre enjoying what their watching .

You're right, I'm not watching it which I'm sick of saying in the few posts I make about Talbot.

Of course they're not enjoying, no fan enjoys seeing their team losing, even if it is by the odd goal. However, there's one thing wanting the football to improve and another shouting for the head of the greatest manager of all time (at this level).

2 hours ago, andy25 said:

Im giving an honest opinion. Ive been watching Talbot 40+ years and this is the poorest squad in that time.

Andy, of course you are entitled to your opinion, I respect that but we are all entitled to point out the abject negativity when it gets too much. 

I watch you jump on here mid game almost every single Saturday bleating about Talbot. I look for the scores in real time on here so I'm grateful you post but the number of times you've written something like "Talbot 0 Arthurlie 0 HT. Talbot have been absolutely horrendous" is unbelievable. Honestly used to think you were a troll from another club causing bother, it's been that bad. 

There's a big part of me which thinks your personality (online at least) will be enjoying this because the results are matching what you have been saying are poor performances for years. 

Edited by jimbaxters

2 hours ago, Shibuya said:

What southerner has said is correct. A few of the stalwarts that Talbot had went for bigger money too. Said before but when you see your goalie move to probably your biggest rival for what must have been more money, one year after his testimonial was very disappointing. Understand players need to look after themselves especially in such hard times but that's what Talbot are up against nowadays. 

However, it seems undeniable that the recruitment hasn't been as good as it should have been. Hopefully Tucker will fix it sharpish. 

1 hour ago, southerner said:

Probably a bit of a change in landscape to be honest, influenced by inflated finances. Think some LL teams now operating in the same market as the WOS teams.  Probably too much change too soon, the game has changed as well with fitness coaches, sports science and better scouting networks. I think Talbot will need to look at changing scouting, recruitment policies and introduce new elements to the wider team on the football side to support the manager, that will allow him to concentrate more on the football side as well as having the final say for the team related matters. Think we need to try and consolidate this season anything at the moment outside the relegation zone is the target and start the rebuild in a more structured and planned manner. Hopefully Tucker has the appetite to change along with the way the game is at this level as the standard of player is better than previous years in my opinion.

Edited by jimbaxters

7 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

You're right, I'm not watching it which I'm sick of saying in the few posts I make about Talbot.

Of course they're not enjoying, no fan enjoys seeing their team losing, even if it is by the odd goal. However, there's one thing wanting the football to improve and another shouting for the head of the greatest manager of all time (at this level).

Andy, of course you are entitled to your opinion, I respect that but we are all entitled to point out the abject negativity when it gets too much. 

I watch you jump on here mid game almost every single Saturday bleating about Talbot. I look for the scores in real time on here so I'm grateful you post but the number of times you've written something like "Talbot 0 Arthurlie 0 HT. Talbot have been absolutely horrendous" is unbelievable. Honestly used to think you were a troll from another club causing bother, it's been that bad. 

There's a big part of me which thinks your personality (online at least) will be enjoying this because the results are matching what you have been saying are poor performances for years. 

I can assure you im not enjoying it one bit 

Its painful to watch.

I wish the players were hurting as much as the fans as some of them dont look as if they give a dam and are just having a kickabout with their mates.

Really don't think Talbot will go down. Sure they are going through a hard time at the moment but there is plenty of time for the best manager ever, at our level, to turn it around. I very much doubt there is anyone who could come in and do a better job than Tucker.  

43 minutes ago, andy25 said:

I can assure you im not enjoying it one bit 

Its painful to watch.

I wish the players were hurting as much as the fans as some of them dont look as if they give a dam and are just having a kickabout with their mates.

I can assure you the players are hurting every bit as much as the fans you can be certain of that.

14 minutes ago, beaver watch said:

Willie Knox was a legend at Beechwood but was shown the door. Nobody is safe in football

Of course not but they should be afforded the respect that they have earned. Personally can't think of anyone more qualified for the job than Tucker.

4 hours ago, andy25 said:

Andy if u have been watching talbot for 40 years how many rebuild jobs have we done during that time even with knox, minford , mc Donald  , and even tucker  and i bet u wanted him out after 6 months when he took over cause we we were losing worse then than now and what has always happened talbot have came good would u agree or disagree nowadays its harder cause the money involved which talbot won't pay out for and why should we and all the players that were stalwarts of the club yeah let them go for they money but what have they done not a lot but talbot are  building the other clubs aren't so think about it we will get back there it will take time or do u think we should have success every year cause me and probably every talbot fan don't think we deserve success every year it's good when it's happened but always look ahead instead of backwards success will come again like it always has been