Can You Tell Where It Is Yet?

On 10/05/2020 at 00:05, GordonS said:

I can't make out any of the writing on the signs, so I don't know how I could tell this apart from half the churches in rural England. 

You seem to have given up on this one.

Do you remember the first time J.R. was shot?  Okay I am cheating a little bit here.

9 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Curve 01.jpg

I'd have got that from the diamond-shaped roof on the left, as featured in Adventures in Babysitting. 80s pish.

4 hours ago, Fullerene said:

You seem to have given up on this one.

Do you remember the first time J.R. was shot?  Okay I am cheating a little bit here.

Yeah, I don't even know where to start. 

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

Still no idea?

Elm 03.jpg

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.4854589,-1.0366572,3a,75y,154.91h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sSar3FiAAGM6UUx9JYDEAzg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

No idea about the Neil Armstrong clue. I see it was rebuilt in the 19th century so I was a bit right.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.4854589,-1.0366572,3a,75y,154.91h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sSar3FiAAGM6UUx9JYDEAzg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

No idea about the Neil Armstrong clue. I see it was rebuilt in the 19th century so I was a bit right.

"Houston Command.  Tranquility Base here.  The Eagle has landed."

Also the name of the film.

The film is supposed to be set in Norfolk because of the watermill they filmed it mainly in Mapledurham just outside of Reading and close to the M4.  The watermill is just off to the right but not on Streetview.  Behind the church is the River Thames.

1 minute ago, Fullerene said:

"Houston Command.  Tranquility Base here.  The Eagle has landed."

Also the name of the film.

The film is supposed to be set in Norfolk because of the watermill they filmed it mainly in Mapledurham just outside of Reading and close to the M4.  The watermill is just off to the right but not on Streetview.  Behind the church is the River Thames.

I am a spectacularly thick c**t, been listening to loads of original audio files from the Apollo programme too. :1eye 

On 14/05/2020 at 18:08, welshbairn said:

I am a spectacularly thick c**t, been listening to loads of original audio files from the Apollo programme too. :1eye 

The name of the film is taken from the quote which in turn is now used to indicate a successful arrival.

Presumably you can now easily solve the picture I posted at the bottom of page 33.

Zulu.jpg

Edited by Fullerene

On 14/05/2020 at 18:13, Fullerene said:

The name of the film is taken from the quote which in turn is now used to indicate a successful arrival.

Presumably you can now easily solve the picture I posted at the bottom of page 33.

Zulu.jpg

https://www.google.com/maps/@-28.3579592,30.5364527,3a,75y,253.89h,95.27t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipN8Mpo9b62O6nngl7LiovijfPYTVXaHseC1ERao!2e10!3e11!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipN8Mpo9b62O6nngl7LiovijfPYTVXaHseC1ERao%3Dw203-h100-k-no-pi-0-ya22.163445-ro-0-fo100!7i8704!8i4352?hl=en

I'd been scouring all the landing points of Cook and Columbus. 

On 18/05/2020 at 16:23, Duszek said:

be.jpg

I suspect this a border town between either France and Belgium or France and Italy.  There are three petrol stations close together - Total, Esso and Q8. 

There are about 200 Q8 stations in Europe mostly in Denmark, Belgium and Italy.  I didn't know this before today!  None seem to match the one in the picture 🙁

Edited by Fullerene

8 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Much as I don't like to quote myself, not one single guess?

I have tried.  "Recycled, artwork, outdoors, bottles, car exhausts, street lamps, streetview".  

Nothing.

Maybe it is Berlin or Philadelphia but I have never seen it.

I have puzzles on page 34 and 35 that have not been solved.  Still trying to solve the Q8 puzzle on page 35.

Edited by Fullerene

10 hours ago, Fullerene said:

I suspect this a border town between either France and Belgium or France and Italy.  There are three petrol stations close together - Total, Esso and Q8. 

There are about 200 Q8 stations in Europe mostly in Denmark, Belgium and Italy.  I didn't know this before today!  None seem to match the one in the picture 🙁

Good effort, man, you’re definitely on the right track.

Clue - each side of the road is a different country.

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

This one remains unsolved.  I suspect it is in Scotland.  Possibly Edinburgh, Dunfermline or Aberdeen.  I think I might have seen it but cannot think where.

You're right, I cheated. Hanging offence. Sorry.

Edited by welshbairn