Can You Tell Where It Is Yet?

Thought it might be Korea, they have lots of smelly food and green number plates. Or an abandoned F1 circuit. Or somewhere where they grow and eat durian fruit. f**k knows what the Thamesmead connection is. Maybe the Marathon?

Was thinking the weird building might be in Africa.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

How did you find it? Tried South Africa and Nairobi and gave up.

I thought it was a parliament, went through the whole of this brilliant thread I'd seen before: https://twitter.com/AFaulds/status/1178695820998320128

It's not.

I thought it looked African, so I googled African modernist concrete building, and it popped up right away.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Thought it might be Korea, they have lots of smelly food and green number plates. Or an abandoned F1 circuit. Or somewhere where they grow and eat durian fruit. f**k knows what the Thamesmead connection is. Maybe the Marathon?

Was thinking the weird building might be in Africa.

Think you need to work out the significance of the Thamesmead one on its own merits, then look at the original clue of thebebach one, then it should be a matter of minutes.

On 22/04/2020 at 14:16, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

This one probably needs a clue. This place has a peculiar smell in the morning (not Kirkcaldy).

Screenshot 2020-04-22 at 9.14.39 PM.png

3 hours ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Posted this one for a similar reason as the beach one, if that helps as a clue

Right, well, the only thing Thamesmead is famous for (other than being an isolated dump with no transport links) is being a location for Clockwork Orange. I'm assuming the connection is film locations and therefore the bit in bold is an Apocalypse Now reference, which google tells me was filmed in Baler in the Phillipines. A bit of driving around on Streetview brings me to here:

image.thumb.png.cc59953532a723de52d586c9da8824db.png

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring

10 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Right, well, the only thing Thamesmead is famous for (other than being an isolated dump with no transport links) is being a location for Clockwork Orange. I'm assuming the connection is film locations and therefore the bit in bold is an Apocalypse Now reference, which google tells me was filmed in Baler in the Phillipines. A bit of driving around on Streetview brings me to here:

image.thumb.png.cc59953532a723de52d586c9da8824db.png

Okay, less than few minutes once you worked out the significance. Well done!

Edited by Tight minge

12 minutes ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Aral Sea

Something to do with cotton supply?

Yes.  The American Civil War disrupted the world supply of cotton.  Uzbekistan became a replacement for it.  The diversion of water for the cotton industry reduced the Aral Sea by 90%.  These fishing boats in Moynaq are now more than 100 miles from the sea.