How much money is no football saving you per week?

£££££££££££££  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I haven’t renewed my season ticket or bought cup tickets so (as it stands) roughly £550 divided by 12 plus about £30 this month. Also 4 pints and a whisky before each match which would be about £15 on the gallowgate and more like £25 in the city centre before Hampden plus a train fare to Mount Florida. Plus SKY taking about £20 less per month.

Probably will renew ST by new 29 May deadline as I’m saving a fortune by not leaving the house and work is fine atm.

Was actually talking about this today.

Live 2 mins from McDiarmid so home games (entrance, pints, pie) probably around £35 a game. 2 games a month - £70.

Try and go to away games so maybe one, which costs say £30 after getting food in the ground. Majority of grounds I fill up the car before going so £50.

Could easy be saving £150 a month at least just now.

For my own team, I've got a season ticket and I walk to home games. I donated entry plus pie money to four of our five remaining away opponents through Donate-A-Ticket (the other isn't on it), so I'm only saving the cost of travel to away games which isn't much.

But I would normally go to a lot of other games, so I'm saving quite a bit on those.

Normally go to a two games a month. As I don't have a season ticket this Includes ticket, travel, food/drink, putting a coupon on and a programme I'm saving about £120 a month. Each game I spend about £60. Also noticed I'm hardly spending any money just now, except on groceries. 

Haven't been  to the petrol station this month yet, so petrol alone i'm saving quite a bit, just in general, with not going anywhere except the odd trip to the shops. Not going for a pint at home games, and not even had more than a couple of bottles in the house and a glass of wine since the lockdown started, plus the daily exercise, never been so healthy as this for decades.

Now if only amazon would shut down and stop Mrs LIVIFOREVER from ordering shit online, i'd be really minted. 

On 19/04/2020 at 13:30, LIVIFOREVER said:

Now if only amazon would shut down and stop Mrs LIVIFOREVER from ordering shit online, i'd be really minted. 

100% with you on that; brother.

Also the untold cost to my sanity with Mrs D keep finding little jobs around the house  which are "little" in her head but no so in reality - e.g. "can we move that apple tree from that fence over on the the opposite boundary?"... its been there for the best part of 15 years FFS.

Being a season ticket holder and no transport required will spend less at home games.Obviously away games especially in the SPL are more costly.Have found some fans will pick and choose which games to attend depending on their finances.But to answer the question.About £130 ish. Per month.

Edited by Troy.1995

Train ticket to Motherwell from Edinburgh - £15

Pre and post match pints with some food - £50

Match ticket - £20

Coupon - £10

I reckon I’m saving the best part of £100 for every game, and I probably go to 2 a month....football is an expensive day out!

Assuming the season is over I guess I will save myself about 900 miles worth of petrol . I have a season ticket but add in 4 or 5 away games so £100 odd quid there. Add in some scran and easily saved over £200.

47 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Being a season ticket holder and no transport required will spend less at home games.Obviously away games especially in the SPL are more costly.Have found some fans will pick and choose which games to attend depending on their finances.But to answer the question.About £130 ish. Per month.

There's no such thing as the SPL in Scottish football, and there hasn't been for years now.