Hypothetical television season ticket.

Guest JTS98

I pay 120 quid a year for Hearts TV International. Since I'm based outside the UK it's very good value.

All home games are shown on live video and away games are shown on live video if the game is on tv or if the home club have the facilities to allow that to be done. Remaining games are done with live audio.

It's always Hearts TV's own commentary team who do a very good job and who are pleasingly even-handed in commentating, so we don't have the ridiculously partisan pish you hear on a lot of club tv feeds which treat their viewers like cretins.

I don't want to be told the referee is to blame for Hearts losing when we have just played poorly, or that the penalty given against us was soft when it wasn't, and Hearts TV is very good in that regard.

I view the 120 quid a year as nothing, since I'm not paying for a season ticket etc and the cost of attending local fitba where I am is very low, so I come out of it well up compared with living at home and attending what I usually would. But I think it's a pretty good model.

6 hours ago, JTS98 said:

so we don't have the ridiculously partisan pish you hear on a lot of club tv feeds which treat their viewers like cretins.

To be fair, they are absolutely correct in a couple of prominent cases.

I pay 120 quid a year for Hearts TV International. Since I'm based outside the UK it's very good value.
All home games are shown on live video and away games are shown on live video if the game is on tv or if the home club have the facilities to allow that to be done. Remaining games are done with live audio.
It's always Hearts TV's own commentary team who do a very good job and who are pleasingly even-handed in commentating, so we don't have the ridiculously partisan pish you hear on a lot of club tv feeds which treat their viewers like cretins.
I don't want to be told the referee is to blame for Hearts losing when we have just played poorly, or that the penalty given against us was soft when it wasn't, and Hearts TV is very good in that regard.
I view the 120 quid a year as nothing, since I'm not paying for a season ticket etc and the cost of attending local fitba where I am is very low, so I come out of it well up compared with living at home and attending what I usually would. But I think it's a pretty good model.
What away games do you usually not get as most clubs nowadays have club channels.

On 21/04/2020 at 14:06, NorthBank said:

Mechelin in Belgium propose drive-in fitba. Of course only suitable if your Club has a large car park next to or near the stadium. Fans pay at the carpark gate and can sit in their cars watching the games on screens on the outside of the stadium. Good thinking outside the box.

Drive in football? There is nothing new under the sun

Cars.jpg

Guest JTS98
6 hours ago, Empty It said:
On 22/04/2020 at 09:33, JTS98 said:

What away games do you usually not get as most clubs nowadays have club channels.

Can't remember off the top of my head, but every now and then there is an audio-only weekend.

It's relatively rare. Sometimes there's a problem with the host club, sometimes it's lack of space or UEFA rules etc.

Usually you get video.

22 hours ago, Empty It said:

If you've got the same set up as us, then you won't get games away to Hamilton, Kilmarnock, Livingston, Rangers or St Mirren.