Conference Call

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

They will get relegated in all probability as they're a side who deal in the transfer market with Maybole, Craigmark, Girvan, Annbank etc and that would be suggestive of their level but they are already in the pyramid and shouldn't be relegated a level just because the West now want to play ball.

I will bow to your greater knowledge pal.

So, amidst the rumour and conjecture, has anything been officially confirmed by either the LL or sfa?

Being removed from the process, I believe something of this nature was always going to happen, it had been too smooth until now. Porting over as a one was always going to have its difficulties, although everyone seemed to have bought into the conferences as a one season fix, what changed?

Bonnyton will be lucky to reach 10 points next season. They will be on the receiving end of a good few hammerings.

It makes sense but doesn't if you know what I mean. Absolutely no way of knowing their level relative to the Juniors (besides the fact that the SOS clubs regularly get tonked by the Juniors in the WH Scottish qualifying rounds). 

So, amidst the rumour and conjecture, has anything been officially confirmed by either the LL or sfa?
Being removed from the process, I believe something of this nature was always going to happen, it had been too smooth until now. Porting over as a one was always going to have its difficulties, although everyone seemed to have bought into the conferences as a one season fix, what changed?
Email was sent to all wosfl clubs from wosfl stating that sfa had refused proposal based on too many clubs for SFA Judicial Panel and were putting forward a proposal for top 16 west region jfa clubs plus bonnyton with rest of 50 clubs being in conferences and only that proposal at agm on 14th may.

Just now, andy25 said:

Bonnyton will be lucky to reach 10 points next season. They will be on the receiving end of a good few hammerings.

But they are already in at that level. That's what I mean by makes sense but doesn't. It was fine when that four conference thing was touted but not now.

4 minutes ago, Stants1902 said:

Email was sent to all wosfl clubs from wosfl stating that sfa had refused proposal based on too many clubs for SFA Judicial Panel and were putting forward a proposal for top 16 west region jfa clubs plus bonnyton with rest of 50 clubs being in conferences and only that proposal at agm on 14th may.

Whose AGM is being referred to here? The SFA's?

Having been at Bonnytons ground on a few occasions I can't help but wonder how they are going to accommodate some of the bigger travelling supports next season as you can only stand down one side with no raised terrracing and theres no cover either.
They have no support either average crowd is barely double figures.

4 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Having been at Bonnytons ground on a few occasions I can't help but wonder how they are going to accommodate some of the bigger travelling supports next season as you can only stand down one side with no raised terrracing and theres no cover either.

My you're full of joy! They only moved into Senior football in 2017. In that time they have established themselves in the SoS and have moved ground. The move into playing top Junior-level opponents and eventually more localised opposition will likely benefit them. A decent number of Ayrshire players started out there so they may be able to light a beacon to come 'home' for some!

Edited by cmontheloknow

10 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Surely even Auchinleck fans would rather have Darvel in top league than the likes of bonnyton who would not be competitive at all At that level and that’s no disrespect to them as I know they are a tier 6 club 

Isn't this more or less what the original "done deal" was - the Premiership of the West Region would be part of the Pyramid but not the Divisions below. They were given a year to get fixtures and discipline the same as the Seniors. So what is different? Apart from playing in new competitions and no taxes on players from Senior football?

1 hour ago, Billy XBoswell said:

And probably because they are the Kilmarnocks only other Senior Team 😎

Come on Billy we all know it’s bugger all to do with that and only because of the Tier 6 status afforded to them for briefly being part of the South ! Nothing else nothing more .........

Edited by AML67

3 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

More from the SJFA President. https://twitter.com/kenna_felix/status/1255496369776873474

West Region to be brought back from the dead...

Just who I want to be running my league.

Within days of a number of clubs saying they will not participating in the Junior Cup and fully committing themselves to the WoSFL and the pyramid, this all breaks loose.

Definitely.

Surely even Auchinleck fans would rather have Darvel in top league than the likes of bonnyton who would not be competitive at all At that level and that’s no disrespect to them as I know they are a tier 6 club 

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Just who I want to be running my league.

Within days of a number of clubs saying they will not participating in the Junior Cup and fully committing themselves to the WoSFL and the pyramid, this all breaks loose.

Must still be hurting about the east clubs leaving, despite the main cause being the SFA telling them to join the pyramid/EOS for a licence and the SJFA's pyramid inaction. The West Lothian and Fife teams who remained were hardly going to be allowed to join at the same level as clubs who had left previously. If the SJFA had realised this two years ago it could all have been sorted by now.

Everyone's favourite West Lothian club on Twitter joins in

31 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

I think you'll find most Talbot fans don't give two figs about Darvel.