Conference Call

The likes of bonnyton are currently higher than Talbot in the pyramid, and yet again talbot fans trying to dictate who should or shouldn’t be in the league. Outside of Auchinleck your club is nothing special regardless of how many times you show us your medals. 

Not trying to dictate and honestly think Talbot and Darvel and a few other teams in our league are better than Bonnyton regardless of their pyramid league position just now and regards to Talbot medals I think they are respected much further than Auchinleck. I am sure plenty of Glasgow and East teams would like to have talbots record and you brought that up. We dont think we have a God given right to dictate but to have the strongest top league should be better for everyone in that league 

40 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

I know mate but if it is true then fair play to the players, coaches & committee who have shown some initiative & drive to get to where they are now

Lets not be fooled Bonnyton will find their place/level (And take some drubbings on the way) but this would probably take a season or two to happen, in the meantime some coffers in the bank, attract some experienced players perhaps & give the young yins some valuable experience on the way 

Lets look at the facts, this squad has been slagged by various wannabe fitba pundits & incredibly by some other Junior Team committee members on here in the past but now look how far they have come :)

• Originated from BC status & has a very good Player Pathway in place, unlike some we can mention on here
  • Has a very successful U20s team in Development League
  • Unlike a Junior team not too far from Bonnyton there is a Junior team that had reputedly a £140K Playing Budget last season & some players on £500/week & now on here greetin that its not fair. 
  • The first season Bonnyton started the players paid monthly subs to help out
  • Bonnyton also have two experienced & respected ex Senior Players as coaches with good contacts within the game
  • This, again if its true, there is always the possibility to attract more sponsors etc. & this could result is in a lot of benefits

Im not saying it is right or wrong BUT I do have a big smile on my face at moment .... Karma 🤑

Totally agree with the above 👆🏻 Billy and fair play to the Club for having a go ! In many ways it makes sense , geographically and financially although I think the lads would’ve preferred random Conferences to help find their feet rather than this hastily arranged stitch up ! The foundations are there , the opportunity is there and I’d like to wish the Club and the lads all the best in this new venture , might even catch up with you one day again in a Cup tie ........ all the best 👍🏻

Just now, Burnieman said:

There's certainly a few masks slipping.

This was always the danger when clubs were effectively forced to move to the WoSFL rather than being allowed to make their own decision to move or stay.  Maybe a chance to revisit it and let those clubs who were never wanting to move in the first place to remain in the WRJFA and let everyone else move forwards.

Whilst we're at it, settle the Junior Cup issue by preventing clubs from retaining SJFA membership within the Pyramid.

It seems there were those more Junior minded that the Ronney compromise was the perfect solution. Stay Junior but in the WoSFL. I don't think there was much uptake in that, with clubs annoucing moving on. With the likes of Royal Albert seeming to be quite reluctant.

I think there was that mindset that the likes of Linlithgow, Bo'ness and the former Juniors would be signing up to make the Junior Cup the big event again. That never happened and the West were leaving as well.

30 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

There's certainly a few masks slipping.

This was always the danger when clubs were effectively forced to move to the WoSFL rather than being allowed to make their own decision to move or stay.  Maybe a chance to revisit it and let those clubs who were never wanting to move in the first place to remain in the WRJFA and let everyone else move forwards.

Whilst we're at it, settle the Junior Cup issue by preventing clubs from retaining SJFA membership within the Pyramid.

I think you had posted this many, many months ago, and I agreed then and still do.

This was probably always on the cards by essentially forcing clubs to move over as a one. Clubs who didn't feel like they had an option were potentially waiting on any opportunity to try and go back.

As I said though, whilst the current scenario is pretty poor, and certainly isn't what clubs signed up for, being in the pyramid at tier 7 is surely better than out the pyramid altogether.....or were some clubs just waiting to be offended in some way?

A disappointing start, being marred by the same inadequacies and self preservation mentality (it would appear anyway) that seems rife throughout football in this country, at every level.

Talk about throwing your toys out the pram for not getting 3/4 home gates against current Premiership teams, will be a more competitive conference without Talbot and Pollok thrashing likes of St Ants home & away. Make your feelings known in the calls and meetings not on Twitter if your a chairman of a football club. Bit embarrassing in my opinion.

With way Scottish football goes could still be reverted back to all in conferences so why not try for that instead of making your club look daft on social media.

Clubs providing linesmen has been the norm at the lower levels of the junior game, so this is nothing new. Given the amount of abuse officials take there aren't enough people interested in doing it at the money that's on offer.

In which case they should be paid more.

56 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Considering the ill feeling that seems to be going round in some circles, I still like the suggestion of 2020-21 being played in the Conferences and just outside of the JPP. So no Lowland League Pyramid playoff place.

It means the 16 team West Premier can be formed in 2021-22 when a large chunk of the membership would be licenced. It also always means a stronger negotiation position with the Lowland League over a second promotion spot when rejigging the Lowland League Pyramid Playoff format. If all you do is change it to one promotion between the three leagues it could remain that way for a while.

Catch-22.

If the WoSFL stays outside the JPP and therefore the pyramid for Season #1, that will probably debar their clubs from acquiring a licence until Season #2

Genuine question as I have obviously missed something...why "plus Bonnyton" in the top league?

Because they are already a Tier 6 club, and the only Tier 6 club joining the new league.

What would be scandalous would be to hot wire some other teams into Tier 6 but not others. Which is why conferences the only fair and acceptable solution.

3 minutes ago, archieb said:

Catch-22.

If the WoSFL stays outside the JPP and therefore the pyramid for Season #1, that will probably debar their clubs from acquiring a licence until Season #2

If the 17 tier 6 clubs under the JPP are able to get licenced, and the 50 tier 7 clubs below that administered by the WoSFL are available to get licenced. Then my take on it is that all 67 in equal conferences would be able to get licenced.

I mean, technically they're all Tier 7 clubs playing for promotion to tier 6 :whistle

4 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

image.png.492f875945d1695620c5016ef6c975bc.png

My favourite thing about this conspiracy theory from the SJFA President is that it was to squeeze out £500 from clubs

The dues were mentioned back in March. I'm sure the schedule of payment came from the information around their successful application into the WoSFL to make it official.

The LL playing a long con out in public for everyone to see 🤣

This is what i can't stand. This man has over 50 years in junior football unlike most of the geeks on here who love spreadsheets and forming ridiculous fantasy leagues. This man in the real world knows what he's talking about and is well respected not some 'fairweatherfan' who is a geek for this sort of stuff and probably has a folder on his desktop dedicated to this stuff. 

This non league forum has lost all its proper real world football fans and characters instead it's been replaced by people who probably rarely go to a non league game. 

8 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

Don’t think the clubs want to pay them more.

It's important to remember that 15 spectators worth of admission money for two linesmen becomes a highly significant expense item if there are only 40 or so paying spectators at a game, which can easily happen at this level.

4 minutes ago, thebairns57 said:

This is what i can't stand. This man has over 50 years in junior football unlike most of the geeks on here who love spreadsheets and forming ridiculous fantasy leagues. This man in the real world knows what he's talking about and is well respected not some 'fairweatherfan' who is a geek for this sort of stuff and probably has a folder on his desktop dedicated to this stuff. 

This non league forum has lost all its proper real world football fans and characters instead it's been replaced by people who probably rarely go to a non league game. 

Rather be a geek than some sad bam making multiple forum accounts where you end up talking to yourself.

7 minutes ago, thebairns57 said:

This man surely didn't have to sign up to pie and bovril to show his support for himself.

😄