What if your club dies?

Started a thread on our forum about this rather grim matter, thought I might as well put it here too. 

If your club, for whatever reason, didn’t make it out the other side of the pandemic, what would you do? 

Phoenix clubs will definitely emerge, the Juniors that survive will be circling like vultures looking for any punters they can get, but would you be interested? Would you go as far as supporting your rival or one of the bigot brothers just to stay involved in football? 

Personally, I’d retain an interest in the sport but couldn’t foresee myself becoming invested in another club. I think I’d enjoy Morton 2.0 bobbing about the proper seaside leagues for a wee while, but if we started stagnating, I’d get sick of it very quickly. 

Would anyone chuck it completely? 

I presume if Morton snuffed it we would start again in the WoSFL. As much as I would hate to watch my club die I will take solace in the fact that Sevco are actually more odious than Rangers and Airdrie United are more odious than Airdrieonians. I can only presume Morton 2.0 will be just like the old Morton but, also, more odious. That's a small price to pay for derbies v Greenock, Port Glasgow and Largs will be a good laugh for a year or two. Or depressing as f**k if we don't march through the leagues like I envision.

Presuming they don't come back I think I'd be done. I don't live in Greenock anymore and I can't see myself gaining an attachment to Greenock Juniors but, ye never know, if a few of my pals go down that route I might tag along. In the Southside of Glasgow and Queens Park would be my local team but... nah. Likewise I've had plenty chance to go see Pollok on a free Saturday and that doesn't interest me.

Maybe I could just start my own club for a laugh like Lebowski Calcio in Italy or something like that.

I think I’d find it tough to become as emotionally invested in another club tbh. I’d probably give the juniors a go to see what it’s like but unless Ayr started up again in the lower leagues I genuinely don’t know what I’d do.

I'd imagine a reincarnation of our club would form which I'd automatically be attracted to but if we're discounting that then  since I'm living in the Angus area I'd probably go to more Arbroath or Forfar games and settle on one of them. Maybe even stretch as far as Brechin or Montrose. None would ever replace Dundee but I'm sure I'd settle on a club purely for something to watch on a Saturday.

Juniors for me if Ayr did not survive ( can’t see it though ) Have a vested interests in Whitletts Vics , if they also disappeared then it would be football free Saturday,  I cannot not see me supporting any other team after 50 years following the same team 

Edited by Robbo63

The Dunfermline Atheltic Football Club is bloody long winded. We should rise from the ashes as The Atheltic/Football Club of Dunfermline. A new badge similar to the new Clydebank's of a black and white pheonix rising from the flames with the acronym TAdashFCofD.