Games You Never Completed

BFTD

Fallout 3 is brilliant. Get it completed (make sure you have the DLC that gives you the sensible ending, not the stupid ending).*

The one that lets your super mutant pal go in to start the reactor

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Fallout 3 is brilliant. Get it completed (make sure you have the DLC that gives you the sensible ending, not the stupid ending).*

Reveal hidden contents

The one that lets your super mutant pal go in to start the reactor

Shocked to discover recently that some folk thought it was shit. It's the only one that's gripped me enough not only to play through to the end, but to scour the map for things I've missed.

Maybe it's just because I want Liam Neeson to be my dad.

Edit:

Spoiler

Also, with one of the DLC packs you can enter the reactor, get killed, then get better again after a few weeks! Result!

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Shocked to discover recently that some folk thought it was shit. It's the only one that's gripped me enough not only to play through to the end, but to scour the map for things I've missed.

Edit:

Hide contents

Also, with one of the DLC packs you can enter the reactor, get killed, then get better again after a few weeks! Result!

The DLC you refer to is Broken Steel.

It means you can't die at that stage, no matter what option you choose with the reactor. Also has more missions after.

4 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Edit:

Reveal hidden contents

New Vegas has far better writing although it is just as much of a chore to play these days. I don't mind 3 but I get why people (particularly Fallout purists) dislike it albeit maybe not to the extent that Hbomberguy does although I agreed with most of his points in his analysis of it.*

*Can you tell my lockdown is going well? Yes I've watched multiple 2 hour videos of shows and games I don't have a strong opinion on.

New Vegas has far better writing although it is just as much of a chore to play these days. I don't mind 3 but I get why people (particularly Fallout purists) dislike it albeit maybe not to the extent that Hbomberguy does although I agreed with most of his points in his analysis of it.*

*Can you tell my lockdown is going well? Yes I've watched multiple 2 hour videos of shows and games I don't have a strong opinion on.
This comes up everytime fallout is discussed.

I don't get it. Ive found NV dull and tedious every time I've played it.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Fallout 3 is better than New Vegas.

Both have great DLC though.

I don't see where it does anything better. Both are pretty torturous to play but I can see a power more thought has went into the writing of New Vegas's world than 3. What does 3 do better?

Just now, NotThePars said:

I don't see where it does anything better. Both are pretty torturous to play but I can see a power more thought has went into the writing of New Vegas's world than 3. What does 3 do better?

I just prefer it. Maybe it's the missions. I like both games though.

On 22/05/2020 at 09:25, Mr X said:

This comes up everytime fallout is discussed.

I don't get it. Ive found NV dull and tedious every time I've played it.

New Vegas is far better than 4, IMO.

The storyline of 4 ruined it IMO.

On 23/05/2020 at 21:02, RandomGuy. said:

New Vegas is far better than 4, IMO.

The storyline of 4 ruined it IMO.

The worst thing about 4 was the restricted dialogue options. If I remember correctly it boiled down to: yes, no, sarcastic( wtf?), and please expand. 

The exact opposite is what made The Outer Worlds great. 

I definitely will at some point. I just feel that with three young kids and not a lot of time to play games these days, I don't want something where I have to ride on a horse for twenty minutes to get to a mission's start point. I just want something I can pick up and play.

I recently went back to it as lockdown has given me a bit more time now. But I've been playing since about half 11 (two young kids myself) and that's me just came off about 15 minutes ago (2.30am). It's a game that needs and deserves serious time so it's worth waiting for a time where you can get seriously into. It really is frightening how quick time goes when you're engrossed in it.

On 05/05/2020 at 18:33, DA Baracus said:

Comix Zone, but only because it was so hard. To this day I still can't get past the second level!

I only heard recently that the Japanese version has extra lives and continues but the EU/US one got rid of them so the game would have a stronger presence in rental markets

One of those games I should probably just cheat my way to the end of, I think its like a 2 hour game if you batter right through it

On 23/05/2020 at 19:44, Steve_Wilkos said:

New Vegas is vastly superior to Fallout 3.

I look back on 3 more fondly but the writing in New Vegas is a step above 3's 

Edited by Doctor