1 minute ago, arabdelic said:

No unanimous is full agreement. The literal definition of consensus is general agreement. The 2 are not the same. The definition of general is concerning all or most . You may want to call it semantics but use of the term consensus leaves the door ajar a bit that not everyone agreed. Under the current climate it is very important that if everyone voted for something it is stated that it was everyone as we know when the SPFL declare the Premiership the usual suspects will kick up another shit storm. It is important to state the decision was unanimous. 

I demand an independent inquiry, to be honest.

3 minutes ago, arabdelic said:

No unanimous is full agreement. The literal definition of consensus is general agreement. The 2 are not the same. The definition of general is concerning all or most . You may want to call it semantics but use of the term consensus leaves the door ajar a bit that not everyone agreed. Under the current climate it is very important that if everyone voted for something it is stated that it was everyone as we know when the SPFL declare the Premiership the usual suspects will kick up another shit storm. It is important to state the decision was unanimous. 

Yes, it is best to make sure that people who don’t understand words are left in no doubt. 

18 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Consensus is the noun for a situation in which everyone agrees. Everyone in consensus is unanimous, an adjective. 

This is the most semantic bullshit story I've ever heard. 

You think Hearts voted to be demoted? They probably refused to take part, which would make it a consensus rather than unanimous. Non story though, I'd agree.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, ropy said:

Rangers have agreed that Celtic are title winners, what have the last 8 weeks been about?

A lot of truth in Michael Gannon piece this morning 

Rangers have done what they needed to do. Forget all this “greater good of the game” guff, coincidentally spouted by most of the clubs who would be shafted by the season being ended.
Gers wanted to block the initial vote, kick the can down the road and show fans they wouldn’t hand over the title off the field. Fair enough.
They’ve made their point clearly and when the inevitable happens now they can say they didn’t back down.
The rammy in the Championship was sheer opportunism – the ideal chance to get to their ultimate goal – to get rid of Neil Doncaster, Murdo MacLennan and Rod McKenzie.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-didnt-back-down-strategy-22023363

Though they did have an attempt at null and void as exposed by Dave McKinnon

“I am happy to speak on the record. 

“I always keep notes from every meeting and I am sitting looking at those notes as we speak.

“On the Thursday, April 9 before the Good Friday vote - and I’ve got it here -  Scot Gardiner said he was working with Hearts and Rangers to put in a new resolution. He said they would try to put that resolution in before the vote so there would be two resolutions for clubs to vote on.

“If not, and if the SPFL proposals were voted down, then they would try to push on with their own resolution - and that resolution was to void the season with no promotion and no relegation.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Given that, according to the amended minutes, Aberdeen aligned themselves with both Celtic and Rangers, as did St Johnstone, not sure that your sentence is entirely correct.

Its random guy, it's what he does.

A lot of truth in Michael Gannon piece this morning 

Rangers have done what they needed to do. Forget all this “greater good of the game” guff, coincidentally spouted by most of the clubs who would be shafted by the season being ended.
Gers wanted to block the initial vote, kick the can down the road and show fans they wouldn’t hand over the title off the field. Fair enough.
They’ve made their point clearly and when the inevitable happens now they can say they didn’t back down.
The rammy in the Championship was sheer opportunism – the ideal chance to get to their ultimate goal – to get rid of Neil Doncaster, Murdo MacLennan and Rod McKenzie.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-didnt-back-down-strategy-22023363
Second half of that is basically a power grab. They want the old school network back that turned a blind eye to as much as possible going on at Ibrox. They cant cope with the new world the new club finds itself in.

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Has anyone been able to get to the bottom of why Livi - who voted for the resolution last month - are getting on their high horse about clubs being disadvantaged as a result of said resolution?

Really is a strange one.Something going on there but it wont amount to anything but wind.

Really don't understand how Keith Jackson continues to get columns in a paper. The Aberdeen thing was a non-story, complete semantics and rectified with no issue. As for the £7.5m 'sitting' at Hampden does he not understand/ want to understand that the cash can only be sent to the clubs when the league is officially called (which it hasn't yet) - that must have been said hundreds of times now.

Tom English's assertions that close to 100% of the folk giving him grief are Celtic fans shows to me exactly what part of the issue is with him, he refusing to engage out with the bubble he is wanting to report in. If he wanted to actually get information he could try and speak to some of the teams who weren't behind the proposal and actually hear their side, but that would just be madness...but why do that when he knows the truth😉😄

1 minute ago, Wee Willie said:

I dinnae want to appear to be semantic or pragmatic or pedantic but surely that sentence disnae need a comma

Is he demanding that an inquiry should be honest and not crooked?  

BTW anyone who uses 'to be honest' or 'to tell you the truth' is suggesting that they don't normally do so.  Either that or they're a Weegie.

30 minutes ago, The DA said:

Is he demanding that an inquiry should be honest and not crooked?  

BTW anyone who uses 'to be honest' or 'to tell you the truth' is suggesting that they don't normally do so.  Either that or they're a Weegie.

If truth be told?  I’ve just watched Gavin and Stacey, think I got this one from there.

3 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Has anyone been able to get to the bottom of why Livi - who voted for the resolution last month - are getting on their high horse about clubs being disadvantaged as a result of said resolution?

They did say that they voted on the understanding that there would be proper talks about reconstruction and that they felt that the talks weren't proper. 

Maybe they genuinely feel like it's unfair on relegated clubs. 

Maybe they think a larger top tier would benefit them in future. 

All speculation and no insight though I'm afraid. 

21 minutes ago, coprolite said:

They did say that they voted on the understanding that there would be proper talks about reconstruction and that they felt that the talks weren't proper.

I'm not sure how an inquiry into Neil Donaldson and the SPFL would help when it was their fellow Premiership clubs that scuppered the talks. More evidence that this EGM wasn't ever about the SPFL leadership, but basically a bunch of clubs having a protest at whatever it was that had upset them recently.