Best/Worst Premiership Stadiums

Premiership Stadiums  

275 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Been to 11/12 of them and Easter Road best; Ibrox worst just for the stupid wee corner surrounded by drooling gibbons.

The one I've not been to is Tynecastle. Yet.

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=9259793

14 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I done the other three leagues and I'm bored out of my mind with chat about dossiers. So let's all slag aff Almondvale.

In terms of the actual stadium, it's not bad. Decent view and no real issues.

It's just that it's in a shite location and there's very few pubs nearby.

Tynecastle was the best day out and maybe the best stadium, but it's not a Premiership stadium. Easter Road probably is the best now.

Livi doesn't have much going for it but at least you're not surrounded by 50,000 scumbags.

NDP is the worst stadium IMO. I'd imagine it might be a decent away day though due to good transport links and plenty of pubs and stuff nearby? Plus you can easily just go out in Glasgow if you wish.

In terms of the actual stadium, it's not bad. Decent view and no real issues.
It's just that it's in a shite location and there's very few pubs nearby.
I don't like how low down you are at Almondvale, although that's much, much worse at Ross County. Quite bad at Ibrox too. The first two get points for having side-on away ends though (for us diddies anyway).

Hamiltons ground isnt horrendous, tbf. You get cracking sight lines from each stand, and even when you're queuing for a pie.

Pittodrie is probably becoming one of the worst, abysmal facilities, dreadful to sit in and loses a lot of atmosphere. 

Edinburgh sides clearly have the best stadiums.

Tynecastle for me as well, much better atmosphere compared to easter road, which is a nice ground and good day out, but too open and probably a bit big for demand to get quite the same atmosphere as Tynie.

Agree the view is great for a behind the goals stand at NDP, so high up but not miles back from the park. Always think it's a pity that clubs build fewer 'big' stands rather than go for a four sided stadium with maybe smaller stands. All down to cost I guess.

Fir Park is dreadful in that big OF accommodating monstrosity behind the goals, terrible view and far too open. But when we get the end section of the Main Stand I really enjoy a trip to Fir Park.

Rugby Park poor leg room and far too big. Decent enough view.  Such a shame for Killie fans, but if they had a McDiarmid Park sized ground, killie would be a great away day as would be half full and decent atmosphere.

Pittodrie is an absolute disgrace. Shite view, shite facilities, shite shallow rake of seats. Probably the worst. 

Celtic park is a poor view in that corner and we always get humped there. Happy memories of our cup win there 6 years ago, probably the only decent thing about Celtic park.   Done better at ibrox last few years so maybe colours my view, but I don't mind that wee corner section.  Both are grounds that I wouldn't miss.

Don't mind Livi too much as new stadiums go, feels far more enclosed that McDiarmid or other new stadiums with the corners filled. Obviously too big for demand which means lacking in atmosphere when we visit.

St Mirren did well with the 8000 capacity as it feels just right, and the atmosphere isn't too bad. Big negatives are how far back from the pitch the away end feels, and it's so low and shallow it's hard to see what's going on at the far end. Could have been so much better for a new ground, like a mini-Tynecastle.

I like how enclosed Victoria Park, Ross County feels. Another sensible capacity that shows up how dreadful that 10000 seater rule was for many other clubs. It can be a decent atmosphere even with just 3000 or so in.  You see how wrong ICT got it with their ground when you compare it to County's. As others have mentioned, the downside is you feel low down behind the goal making action at the other end hard to make out.

In terms of McDiarmid Park, lack of pubs and being so far out of town are big negatives I would expect.  In terms of size, it was bang on originally but now is too big for current demand. Perfect view from most seats and a decent atmosphere whenever there's a crowd of over 4500 or so I would say.  Facilities in terms of catering and toilets probably a bit lacking due to the age. But the legroom, steepness and view from the Main Stand must be great for away fans when they're stuck in there.

Going back to Pittodrie, sure it's been discussed on here before but can't help feeling it would be completely different if when they spent money on the new Richard Donald Stand, they'd put it where the south stand is and left the Beech End alone, it would probably be amongst many folks' favourite grounds to visit.

Dont know if it was part of a plan to replace a few stands at the time that never materialised, but they took away probably the best part of the ground for many.

IMG_1024.JPG.656c05f7540039f8fc5251cf7c8bccf9.JPG

Voted Pittodrie the worst after much deliberation. It's just got zero redeeming features. Imagine if I'd been going to games 25/30 years ago I would have a different opinion. 

Voted Tynecastle the best, ironically because of Aberdeen fans. The Semi Final there was unreal and the atmosphere the Aberdeen fans created in the ground was just incredible. Never experienced it but can imagine how incredible it must be for Hearts fans when theyve packed the ground out and its bouncing.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Voted Pittodrie the worst after much deliberation. It's just got zero redeeming features. Imagine if I'd been going to games 25/30 years ago I would have a different opinion. 

Voted Tynecastle the best, ironically because of Aberdeen fans. The Semi Final there was unreal and the atmosphere the Aberdeen fans created in the ground was just incredible. Never experienced it but can imagine how incredible it must be for Hearts fans when theyve packed the ground out and its bouncing.

You've got a problem with Tynecastle. 

5 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I done the other three leagues and I'm bored out of my mind with chat about dossiers. So let's all slag aff Almondvale.

Eh, Almondvale a good stadium. Arrive back o 12 get a table in the function suite and that’s you bevies up before the game.

Decent

Tynecastle is best away ground by some distance. Easter Road 2nd and Victoria Park 3rd.

Celtic is the worst, but would be high in the reckoning if it wasn't for the fact you're shoved in the shitiest corner of the ground and can lost about a fifth of the park of you're really unlucky. 

I went to a Scottish Cup tie years ago when we were in 1st division and the away fans were behind the goal. It was night and day in terms of quality. 

Almondvale is 2nd and Accies 3rd.

Rugby Park gets a dishonourable mention for how shite the leg room is. Plenty a bloodied shin had there but it gets a pass for how fucking bouncy that stand gets when it's busy and folk are jumping about. It's genuinely brilliant. 

I actually like Rugby park but that might be coloured by how generous they've been to us by kindly gifting us some goals and the pies are the best in the league.

That's got me reminiscing; I dont know when was the last time I had a decent pie; supermarket pies are generally sh1te IMHO.

🙁

Edit - would have voted for Victoria park except for their habit of running out of pies just before kick-off

(there's a theme here - possibly why I'm a tad overweight)

Edited by Durnford