The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Said it before, you need luck as a manager, and Tam appears to have carried the luck at times last season. I don't think he was the utter disaster many United fans portrayed him to be, and I'm not too surprised he's decided to move on, mutually, with the club: he is ambitious, and has confidence in his ability, which we'll discover if misplaced with the passage of time.

As to the new guy, if It's Ross he'll have my support, despite the negative tales about his character from some posters. I know of some very good work he did for the SFA in the field of mental health, and of people he worked with in that area, and they spoke well of him. 

And for those who are interested in statistics, our fourth place finish under Courts produced poorer %age win stats than Ross has achieved, by a distance, at his three full time clubs as manager.

Finally Ross had authored a couple of books for children, so he's quite used to fairy tale endings. One, "Alfie the Adventurous Winger" could indicate a departure from a turgid style of play.

009_034__jackross__1359732258_standard.jpg.d3315895e11222f6e4e2cd14da277d32.jpg

2 hours ago, ArabFC said:

I trust you're will to give a glowing reference?

Of course. Tell the big man to drop me a message on my pager. 

Thank you. 

Edited by Girth

Tams out.

If you're not committed then off you pop. Glad the club has some consistency about it as they did with Robbie the Jobby.

Guessing he's also pissed off after the clubs demand for compensation. 

I'd be happy enough with Ross to he honest. Disappointed we may not get a Shteeve type rumour to tide us over for a while.

JUNE

Rijeka approach United to speak to Tam.

Tam speaks with Rijeka.

United tell Rijeka Tam isn't going without compo.

Tam pisses off United by pleading to let him go for free.

Rijeka look elsewhere.

Tam gets the punt.

AUGUST 

Jack Ross secures United group stage European football.

Tam is still jobless, despite his whole one season of experience and ends up taking the Kelty Hearts job after John Potter makes an arse of his first few games.

2 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

Either a variety of Central & Eastern European teams have finally sat up and started paying attention to the middle of the Scottish Premier League or someone has been firing CVs off to half the clubs in Europe. 

Or Tam used to work alongside the Sporting Director at Honved.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

There was the long time rumour that Courts was sick of being undermined by Mulgrew tbf.

There was a rumour that you would be posting in United threads less often now your team has been relegated.

Rumours are very unreliable.