The Dundee United Thread 22/23

@captainkev sorry it’s only a reminder as to what a great team you had back then. We were rightly the underdogs.

That game was arguably the worst performance our sides had against each other between 1977-1987. 

Your side back then was incredible and everyone in Paisley was wanting you to win the UEFA cup as you had performed so well that campaign. Also the fact you were cheated on the 1984 EC semifinal against Roma never sat well with me.

Many Saints fans wanted a local lad from Linwood to win that European trophy. 

Billy Thomson. RIP 

3 minutes ago, Molotov said:

@captainkev sorry it’s only a reminder as to what a great team you had back then. We were rightly the underdogs.

That game was arguably the worst performance our sides had against each other between 1977-1987. 

Your side back then was incredible and everyone in Paisley was wanting you to win the UEFA cup as you had performed so well that campaign. Also the fact you were cheated on the 1984 EC semifinal against Roma never sat well with me.

Billy Thomson. RIP 

My response was a little aggressive I admit, and I do try to red dot on here as little as possible these days. It's a testament to how much of a pisser last weekend, as well as this season this season as a whole has been that a reminder of a final we lost before I was even born just immediately hacked me off.

2 minutes ago, captainkev said:

My response was a little aggressive I admit, and I do try to red dot on here as little as possible these days. It's a testament to how much of a pisser last weekend, as well as this season this season as a whole has been that a reminder of a final we lost before I was even born just immediately hacked me off.

Kev you missed out on the best of times in Scottish fitba.

That period really was a great time as the old firm dominance was broken both domestically and in Europe.

The two arse cheek even failed to qualify for European football and shamed the country by losing and subsequently rioting in the Anglo Scottish cup. 

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

Billy Thomson. RIP 

You don’t have to go so far back to remember a good United side.  I remember my United supporting mates saying after the European first leg at Tannadice that this was an extremely good United side with a real chance of doing something this season.  To be fair to them if United had a better manager, defence and attack I think they could have been right.  

I’m amazed the United board didn’t use the August and (especially) January transfer windows to build on what they had.  I’m also amazed they chose Fox to take over from Jack Ross.

IMG_2515.jpeg

Edited by Shadow Play

8 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm more angry that he got sent off a weekend early. If he had been sent off against County, he could have done whatever he liked this week

Sorry MC but you were bad enough playing 11 v 11 against County.  I’d hate to think the damage County could have done against 10 United players.

Is anybody else having issues buying tickets for Saturday?

I have registered using the link on the United website, but it only offers home  tickets. I tried registering again under a different email with the same result…

Never thought buying match tickets could be so complicated…… am I just being a complete fucking moron???

Any tips on how to register for away tickets would be much appreciated.

Ta.

On 16/05/2023 at 20:12, Mark Connolly said:

Yesterday was 14 years since the 2010 cup win. Sunday will be the anniversary of the 94 win.

I also still hate St Mirren, and Charlie Mulgrew is a w**k.

Think that covers everything.

Not quite Mark …

Spoiler

IMG_8195.jpeg.287aac93bf38836029bee7d962aa4dbe.jpeg

IMG_8199.jpeg.682fd7ee498877ddeb4bbf7c2f4e01bc.jpeg

IMG_8201.jpeg.2c64bc0e781124cf609e00e903345d47.jpeg

IMG_8200.jpeg.1b9b6205cc335795929c8a952a98d1dd.jpeg

IMG_8198.jpeg.46aaea3a3be1d97e9d1a4a08934bda4b.jpeg

IMG_8197.jpeg.ebe312b837f7a7b2f04ac748f990a3d8.jpeg

Happy May 17th folks!!

Noticed the end of season awards (lol) bash is on Sunday 28th, just a few short hours after Kevin van Veen likely sticks a fork in us on the final day of the season (assuming we’re not already cooked by then). Should be a fun evening. 

Fletcher out for the remaining games according to twitter, according to that weapon of a boy on Tekel Towers (he's very angry about it. but scratch beneath the surface and you'll see a big smug 'Told you so. I win the internet' smile. (In fairness JG did mention about getting a striker in a few weeks ago and then nothing happened. But I guess that probably cause any decent striker is already playing with a club?)

Not read this anywhere else so not sure if bollocks or not. We'll sure miss our free scoring striker...... (I actually have came round to him a bit post WC

If our only senior forward is out, then there are two possibilities... 

1. A legend is born when our barely 17yo forward steps up to the plate and fires in the goals over the next few games that see us survive.

2. We get relegated.

Lay your bets.