The Dundee United Thread 22/23

6 hours ago, wardy83 said:

If he was in our price range, would Jackson Irvine be a decent signing for us. Released by Hull at end of season

Youre supposed to say "I'm hearing were in talks with Jackson Irvine. We've offered him a 2 year deal to become our highest paid player and he's mulling it over"

Then you'll get some real opinions!

15 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

According to a Celtic site United are looking at taking Ewan Henderson (Liam's brother) either on loan or permanent transfer. If he's even half as good as his big brother he'll be an excellent player for us. 

He is not.

41 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

According to a Celtic site United are looking at taking Ewan Henderson (Liam's brother) either on loan or permanent transfer. If he's even half as good as his big brother he'll be an excellent player for us. 

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He is not.

Totally this.

Ralston was an improvement on what we had at right back, and was ok going forward, but essentially couldn't perform his main task well, defending.

Charlie Mulgrew was a decent loan signing.

If we are interested in Henderson, and I hope we aren't, that could limit opportunities for Declan Glass, Chris Mochrie and a few others.

24 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Ralston was an improvement on what we had at right back, and was ok going forward, but essentially couldn't perform his main task well, defending.

Charlie Mulgrew was a decent loan signing.

If we are interested in Henderson, and I hope we aren't, that could limit opportunities for Declan Glass, Chris Mochrie and a few others.

File him and Ralston under "meh"

47 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Ralston seemed to do really well for us and as I understand he was a complete Diddy for the Saints. 

Rather odd, looked like he had potential! 

27 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

but essentially couldn't perform his main task well, defending.

He couldn't defend, spent the whole game lunging into tackles, and offered nothing in attack. We had a counter attack end against Hamilton last season when, despite being in 30 yards of space with nobody near him, he couldn't control the ball, and we ended up getting countered on as he lay on his arse.

26 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Mulgrew scored a couple of free kicks but defended like a demented zebra. Would never have thought he would have went on to have a decent career.

Jim O'Brien was dreadful.

First one I remember was a midget winger called Brian McLauchlan. I think that was his name anyway. Fucking stinking.

I think every player since then from the green turd has collectively been less than 10% as good as  what we've given them in the same time.

Jim O'Brien was fucking terrible. 

Edited by mishtergrolsch