The Dundee United Thread 22/23

On 03/06/2021 at 15:55, ArabianKnight said:

Didn't see who they were speaking to but STV were just speaking to someone from United just a minute ago outside Gussie. 

It was the Women's team coach, as SWPL2 comes back tomorrow with United at home to Killie.

1 hour ago, ArabAuslander said:

It was the Women's team coach, as SWPL2 comes back tomorrow with United at home to Killie.

Ah I did wonder as I was dropping the eldest off for her training with the unders. Never seen him before though so didn't click. 

Right. Watched the whole 25 minute interview with Tam. 

Gonna out my thoughts down here. 

He seems sincere in his beliefs about being able to step up. He seems honest about his approach and where he comes from, definitely recognised that fans might not be happy but he's going to use that as a springboard to motivate himself and do well. 

From what I've heard and what he says in the interview he's definitely part of the team at United and won't have friction in the staff with his appointment. 

I'm not swayed yet but I've got to say I'm a lot more comfortable listening to him and what he's about. Not entirely happy at the idea this might have been an appointment for the sporting director to have a Yes man in the dugout but I'm not as worried about him being able to perform the role asked of him. 

He's got a bit of directness about him that reminds me of Dick Campbell. 

7 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

He seems sincere in his beliefs about being able to step up. He seems honest about his approach and where he comes from, definitely recognised that fans might not be happy but he's going to use that as a springboard to motivate himself and do well. 

From what I've heard and what he says in the interview he's definitely part of the team at United and won't have friction in the staff with his appointment. 

I'm not swayed yet but I've got to say I'm a lot more comfortable listening to him and what he's about. Not entirely happy at the idea this might have been an appointment for the sporting director to have a Yes man in the dugout but I'm not as worried about him being able to perform the role asked of him. 

He's got a bit of directness about him that reminds me of Dick Campbell. 

I think you mean “He’s got an accent that reminds me of Dick Campbell.” 

On 25/05/2021 at 09:48, Pull My Strings said:

It is. Absolute nonsense. Anyone who seriously thinks that Adam Asghar or Tam Courts is going to get the gig needs to give their head a good hard wobble.

OK.  I gave my head a good hard wobble but what should the people who have now made it happen do?

14 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

He's got a bit of directness about him that reminds me of Dick Campbell. 

I've seen a lot of mentions of Courts being a Yes Man and I'm not sure I entirely agree with the premise that that would be worse than being a No Man. Certainly in my business when we're looking to recruit a new solicitor I'd much rather a Yes Man or Woman than a No Man/Woman. You've got to be assertive and know your mind and be willing/able to offer an alternative view but the last thing you want in any business is someone who's going to go around pissing people off and trying to break the structure to suit their will. 

14 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

OK.  I gave my head a good hard wobble but what should the people who have now made it happen do?

Either wobbled their heads harder or wobbled them less hard. It's difficult to say really. I'll be honest here, I'm clearly not qualified to give advice on head wobbling.

tenor.gif

Edited by Pull My Strings

56 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I've seen a lot of mentions of Courts being a Yes Man and I'm not sure I entirely agree with the premise that that would be worse than being a No Man. Certainly in my business when we're looking to recruit a new solicitor I'd much rather a Yes Man or Woman than a No Man/Woman. You've got to be assertive and know your mind and be willing/able to offer an alternative view but the last thing you want in any business is someone who's going to go around pissing people off and trying to break the structure to suit their will. 

Your line of work isn't in the slightest bit comparable to a professional football club. A Yes Man in this scenario is one that allows Fat Tony to become the de facto manager of the club.