The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, AJF said:

This lad looks, eh, pretty fucking decent.

Great shout, and unfortunately, all of the really decent play on display here from United was omItted from the Sportscene highlights.

No complaints about that given time constrains limit what you can show, but didn’t do United’s attacking intent justice yesterday imo.

Boy looks a player indeed….

8 hours ago, MacArab said:

Great shout, and unfortunately, all of the really decent play on display here from United was omItted from the Sportscene highlights.

No complaints about that given time constrains limit what you can show, but didn’t do United’s attacking intent justice yesterday imo.

Aye, the play at 0:56 of that video I posted above was particularly good - very sexy football. Everything seemed to go through Levitt going by those clips.

11 hours ago, AJF said:
This lad looks, eh, pretty fucking decent.

It's what we've been crying out for, for around a fcuking decade now - somebody in midfield who actually 'wants' the ball. I think I may have brought it up on here once or twice or maybe five hundred times.

The number of midfielders we've had in recent years who actively run away from the ball and point at others to say 'pass it to him' has broken me.

Levitt is clearly a good player and he won't be sticking around next year, so we need to be identifying a similar type to bring in permanently.

11 hours ago, MacArab said:

Agree with the assessment and think he might keep Butcher out of the team for a while.

Two long distance efforts trying to catch Hart off his line.  Shots like that look good when they work or come close…

I’ve tried to look online but can’t see a clear answer - is my season ticket this year still valid for streaming games? I’ve tested positive for Covid so can’t go on Saturday. I think I can buy a PPV ticket for £12.50 via the PPV site but hope that I can watch using my season ticket like last year. I have tried different searches but can’t see an obvious piece of information that makes it clear.

26 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I’ve tried to look online but can’t see a clear answer - is my season ticket this year still valid for streaming games? I’ve tested positive for Covid so can’t go on Saturday. I think I can buy a PPV ticket for £12.50 via the PPV site but hope that I can watch using my season ticket like last year. I have tried different searches but can’t see an obvious piece of information that makes it clear.

Have you tried the club's twitter? the club are in good form so they're actually responsive right now.

34 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I asked same thing. I didn't have covid but was out of Dundee and told no.

Apparently nothing to stop people signing in online with pals ST code and also going to game.

I would chance my arm anyway given it is COVID.

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

I'm in the same boat. Asked on United's twitter and no response.  I'm sure I remember once we got back in the VST was disabled, which is disappointing as I don't really want to pay twice. I know £12.50 isn't.breaking the bank, but its the "principle".

Connolly off to Dunfermline on loan until January. Given he must be behind Mulgrew, Edwards, Reynolds, Smith and even Butcher the decision to give him a new contract looks inexplicable.

Re the season tickets, would be good to see a definitive answer. Don't have COVID but might have a night out on Friday and wouldn't fancy dragging myself through to Dundee on Saturday.

25 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

Connolly off to Dunfermline on loan until January. Given he must be behind Mulgrew, Edwards, Reynolds, Smith and even Butcher the decision to give him a new contract looks inexplicable.

Utter madness!

Hopefully behind Neilson too.

I'm in the same boat. Asked on United's twitter and no response.  I'm sure I remember once we got back in the VST was disabled, which is disappointing as I don't really want to pay twice. I know £12.50 isn't.breaking the bank, but its the "principle".

No response from United but I have found this from the site before the Hearts game -

“With full access now available to season ticket holders, virtual season tickets no longer apply for home games.”

PPV it is.

Edit - I’ve found two (there may be more) clubs in the Premiership who, as part of the season ticket purchase, guaranteed all games if you are personally affected and cannot attend. A pity this doesn’t seem to be how United view things.

United have messaged me back regarding Covid and Season Ticket streams. They say that Sky changed the contract regarding this so they cannot offer a VST stream anymore.

I’ve seen recent posts related to Hearts and Aberdeen fans who have been able to access a stream in similar circumstances, and in the early terms and conditions for the Dundee Season Tickets they said that fans could access games virtually if they couldn’t attend due to Covid (although a Dundee fan might have a bit more clarity if they have had this happen themselves).

I know I’m probably fighting a lone battle on this but I’m stuck in the house, feel like shit, I’m going stir crazy and I have little else to do.

Edit - I asked United about those other clubs. Their response- “You’ll have to ask those other clubs, it was made quite clear to us we couldn’t offer a stream”.

54 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

United have messaged me back regarding Covid and Season Ticket streams. They say that Sky changed the contract regarding this so they cannot offer a VST stream anymore.

I’ve seen recent posts related to Hearts and Aberdeen fans who have been able to access a stream in similar circumstances, and in the early terms and conditions for the Dundee Season Tickets they said that fans could access games virtually if they couldn’t attend due to Covid (although a Dundee fan might have a bit more clarity if they have had this happen themselves).

I know I’m probably fighting a lone battle on this but I’m stuck in the house, feel like shit, I’m going stir crazy and I have little else to do.

Edit - I asked United about those other clubs. Their response- “You’ll have to ask those other clubs, it was made quite clear to us we couldn’t offer a stream”.

Sorry to hear you’ve caught Covid, hope it goes soon with minimal impact.

Only solution I can think of is VPN (I thought you had that at one time) then you can buy the game as a foreign buyer.

Sorry to hear you’ve caught Covid, hope it goes soon with minimal impact.
Only solution I can think of is VPN (I thought you had that at one time) then you can buy the game as a foreign buyer.

Cheers, I feel a bit better today so I’m hoping I’m over the worst. Stuck in the house until next Thursday though.

I can get the £12.50 domestic PPV which is what they still offer (I do also still have a VPN). It’s the principle of paying and that, based on my Twitter messages to the club, I’m not entirely sure United are being truthful about the whole “It’s Sky, not us” thing, given I’ve seen other clubs offer it as little as a couple of weeks ago.