George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

I said Scottish people can retaliate by calling English people sassanachs and use other terms that are on par with jock

I've not finished my first coffee yet, but am I right in reading this as retaliate against racist and xenophobic insults with, erm, racist and xenophobic insults? That can't be right.

11 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

?

Just an English guy walking about in his football top? What's wrong with that?

Unless you mean that weird rangers guy who was wearing one which absolutely is just being a p***k.

There probably isn’t anything wrong with it but I’d still assume he was being provocative. I wouldn’t say anything mind. There is a Rangers element as well yes, like the kind of person who apparently doesn’t take an interest in international football but wears an England top because his mum is English. 

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

There probably isn’t anything wrong with it but I’d still assume he was being provocative. I wouldn’t say anything mind. There is a Rangers element as well yes, like the kind of person who apparently doesn’t take an interest in international football but wears an England top because his mum is English. 

I used to wear one to 5s. It was good quality and cost a fiver out of Sports Direct. It did prompt some discussion but usually from people overly keen to promote the Rangers connection.

4 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I've not finished my first coffee yet, but am I right in reading this as retaliate against racist and xenophobic insults with, erm, racist and xenophobic insults? That can't be right.

I’m not saying it’s right but Scottish people can’t really go complaining about the term jock when we have terms like sassanach which get used in the opposite direction. It’s a back and forth between Scotland and England, some people see it as friendly banter and some people take it too far. 

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

Oh my, some is clearly rattled by my stance on the word jock. 😂

It makes a lot more sense now that you were obviously trolling.

Best of luck with it, Throbs.

38 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

There's a whole world of difference between jock and sassanach, and paki and nigger. Claiming that white Scots experience racism too is the kind of thing people with All Lives Matter or It's OK to be White banners would say.

3 hours ago, throbber said:

If I saw a guy wearing an England top in Scotland I would assume he was doing it to be a p***k. 

If you find the term jock offensive and racist then you are a very sensitive individual who finds lots of things offensive. There is at least one derogatory/slang term for every nationality that gets used against every country on the planet by people in bordering countries, there is nothing to the word jock to be offended by and shouldn’t be confused with racist terms. 

I got called jock for a wee while doon there then after a few weeks then it died out,  Jocks only offensive if someone wants it to be offensive. 

Being offended by everything and anything just means that people stop paying attention to genuine offensive behaviour. 

3 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

It makes a lot more sense now that you were obviously trolling.

Best of luck with it, Throbs.

Not trolling in the slightest, it’s no surprise to see a guy who cried about how offensive he finds the word “jock” go on a dotting spree against someone who disagrees with him on the internet.

@Inanimate Carbon Rod do you want to borrow my bosom next time you go to England? You’ll be safe and snug in there and those cruel cruel words will not be able to hurt you so deeply.

I can only go on my personal experience but I know a person who was nicknamed Jock who came down to Aberystwyth University, played for the local team & bought a pub and settled there. He is known to everyone as Jock & at no time is it meant maliciously. I am not comparing this to the obvious racial insults that are being discussed, in this case it genuinely is a term of endearment & has been taken that way, the likes of Charles Green can f**k right off with their casual racism nonetheless.

Not trolling in the slightest, it’s no surprise to see a guy who cried about how offensive he finds the word “jock” go on a dotting spree against someone who disagrees with him on the internet.
[mention=74006]Inanimate Carbon Rod[/mention] do you want to borrow my bosom next time you go to England? You’ll be safe and snug in there and those cruel cruel words will not be able to hurt you so deeply.

‘Dotting spree’ haha. No I just fundamentally disagree with your posts. You’re the one who went back to red dot today a post you responded to yesterday.

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

‘Dotting spree’ haha. No I just fundamentally disagree with your posts. You’re the one who went back to red dot today a post you responded to yesterday.

Okay mate, I’m not going to get into an argument with you, you have clearly been hurt enough for one lifetime. 

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yeh generally through reading the latest throbber conspiracy theory.

Maybe people in England wouldn’t bully you if you weren’t such a fandangler. 

Just now, Perkin Flump said:

I can only go on my personal experience but I know a person who was nicknamed Jock who came down to Aberystwyth University, played for the local team & bought a pub and settled there. He is known to everyone as Jock & at no time is it meant maliciously. I am not comparing this to the obvious racial insults that are being discussed, in this case it genuinely is a term of endearment & has been taken that way, the likes of Charles Green can f**k right off with their casual racism nonetheless.

Similarly, the only time I've ever been called a sassanach was by a distant relative, who'd always refer to me as "my wee sassanach" whenever we came up to stay. I didn't even know that was supposed to be an insult until recently; do thickos with a grudge against the English really break out Sassanach as part of their invective arsenal?

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Similarly, the only time I've ever been called a sassanach was by a distant relative, who'd always refer to me as "my wee sassanach" whenever we came up to stay. I didn't even know that was supposed to be an insult until recently; do thickos with a grudge against the English really break out Sassanach as part of their invective arsenal?

It goes both ways but I am sure many a McGlashan does,people need to chill out and stop being so angry about everything.

1 minute ago, Perkin Flump said:

It goes both ways but I am sure many a McGlashan does,people need to chill out and stop being so angry about everything.

DON'T YOU FUCKING TELL ME TO CHILL YOU JOCK b*****d

Similar to ***, do you think we could get Div to filter out 'jock' and 'sassanach' if we annoyed him enough? I'm sure someone could find a derogatory piece of graffiti somewhere to back up our watertight case against their use.

Just now, BigFatTabbyDave said:

DON'T YOU FUCKING TELL ME TO CHILL YOU JOCK b*****d

Similar to ***, do you think we could get Div to filter out 'jock' and 'sassanach' if we annoyed him enough? I'm sure someone could find a derogatory piece of graffiti somewhere to back up our watertight case against their use.

Maybe you and Gary tank commander should arrange a Scottish lives matter demonstration in Alloa.