George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

Just now, Day of the Lords said:
1 hour ago, Detournement said:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10694547/BLMs-LA-mansion-bought-3-1m-sold-six-days-later-5-8m.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline
It seems like it's impossible for anything to happen in America or Europe these days that isn't a massive scam.

*stifles yawn*

It's easy enough to put me on ignore.

It's pointless. Anytime your tiresome drivel is quoted by someone it shows up anyway. Perhaps this shiteness of this app is another element of the great reset.
I have a couple of thoughts on the subject.....

Firstly, if there ever does emerge a global conspiracy that will see us all living in a Hunger Games style nightmare, I will squarely blame Detournement sorts for just relentlessly planting massive trees around the wood....

Secondly, if such a cabal of evil does exist, how is it that they are so routinely stupid as to leave a trail of evidence so readily available for the DYOR types that live on Twitter to find and shriek about? Wouldn't they be cleverer than that? Is it all part of their plan?

Perhaps, like when you chuck in some pellet at a fish farm and create a boiling mass of frenzied trout, Detournement is missing some other, more tasty morsel lying just outside his keep net......

46 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
2 hours ago, Detournement said:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10694547/BLMs-LA-mansion-bought-3-1m-sold-six-days-later-5-8m.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline
It seems like it's impossible for anything to happen in America or Europe these days that isn't a massive scam.

*stifles yawn*

I fucking yawned when I read that.

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I have a couple of thoughts on the subject.....

Firstly, if there ever does emerge a global conspiracy that will see us all living in a Hunger Games style nightmare, I will squarely blame Detournement sorts for just relentlessly planting massive trees around the wood....

Secondly, if such a cabal of evil does exist, how is it that they are so routinely stupid as to leave a trail of evidence so readily available for the DYOR types that live on Twitter to find and shriek about? Wouldn't they be cleverer than that? Is it all part of their plan?

Perhaps, like when you chuck in some pellet at a fish farm and create a boiling mass of frenzied trout, Detournement is missing some other, more tasty morsel lying just outside his keep net......

I don't think anyone is saying that we are going to live in a Hunger Games style nightmare. It's much more banal than that. There is a constant erosion of political participation, increasing inequality, reduction of access to services, increases in the cost of living and more and more social atomisation. Society has changed hugely during our lifetimes but there is no single point where you notice it like the weather changing suddenly, it's more like a frog being boiled slowly it just happens and if you notice then it's already too late. I listened to a bit of Radio Scotland this morning and they were discussing Scotland having disastrous performance in treating cancer but were discussing it in the context of it being something which has just happened naturally or accidentally rather than as the inevitable result of political and economic choices made by powerful people.

I don't think a cabal of evil exists. It's simply class struggle and the dominant super rich class in this country and most others have a freer hand to pursue their own class interests at the expense of others than they have had at any time since the 19th century.

29 minutes ago, velo army said:

I fucking yawned when I read that.

I was sad.

The BLM protests were inspiring and it ended up with a bunch of chancers stealing millions of dollars and buying a mansion to make TikToks in. From MLK, Malcolm X and Rosa Parks to these chancers, it's sad.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

I was sad.

The BLM protests were inspiring and it ended up with a bunch of chancers stealing millions of dollars and buying a mansion to make TikToks in. From MLK, Malcolm X and Rosa Parks to these chancers, it's sad.

I meant reading the word "yawn" made me yawn. I didn't click the link. 

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

I was sad.

Money changes everything, I’m afraid.

Human nature.

• 4 months later...
On 07/04/2022 at 23:33, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Lol just seen this.

The fact check is that there is no proof that a college lecturer from a low income background used funds from the unregistered charity she is running which has never released any financial records to buy $4 million dollars in property, outright, in cash. Ok. 

54 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Lol just seen this.

The fact check is that there is no proof that a college lecturer from a low income background used funds from the unregistered charity she is running which has never released any financial records to buy $4 million dollars in property, outright, in cash. Ok. 

It does cover the book deal, production deal and public speaking engagements which constitute an alternate hypothesis  to her having had her hands directly in the BLM till.

of course there would still be ethical questions about indirectly profiting from outwardly altruistic activity like the bands who resurrected their careers at live aid or corporate greenwashing but I feel neither qualified or interested enough to address them