George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

3 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Happy that justice will be done for Arbery, still scary to think that a lot of muricans think it's perfectly fine to chase down random black dudes and kill them for looking a bit suspicions (ie Black). 

The face on the clean shaven redneck when his guilty verdict was read out is delicious.  Young bearded redneck and old bearded redneck also looked suitably sad

Old bearded Redneck was a former police officer and had worked in the county prosecutor's office. Mental, but I guess not entirely surprising.

Fucking grim. Hope they rot in prison.

Edited by AuAl

1 minute ago, AuAl said:

Old bearded Redneck was a former police officer and had worked in the county prosecutor's office. Mental, but I guess not entirely surprising.

Fucking grim. Hope they rot in prison.

And the District Attorney, who was old bearded redneck's friend, helped to cover things up at first, she was charged with obstruction

2 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

And the District Attorney, who was old bearded redneck's friend, helped to cover things up at first, she was charged with obstruction

Ffs. Didn't know that. Add to that the obvious vile racism from defence. murica eh

Presumably "Save the Freedom" will be a political strategy game where you have to run for office in Minneapolis and somehow manage to affect change in the police force and wider society as a whole.

...it's a Doom clone, isn't it?  :(

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2021 at 17:59, Shotgun said:

Summed it up perfectly. The little shit's going to walk but it has nothing to do with him being innocent. That judge is a fucking disgrace.

Aye, but he's got a "personality"...

On 19/11/2021 at 18:44, Priti priti priti Patel said:

Also, discussing this with my sister now, it was incredibly emotional watching the boy as the verdicts were read out. I am happy for him. My happiness for him will last as long as he stays out the spotlight. I really, really hope he continues his nursing degree down in Arizona and has a quiet, peaceful life. If I see him on Fox News or becoming a Republican darling, I will greatly begrudge him his slice of luck. 

PPS. This is already inevitably being politicised. The correct political angle, I think, is that the verdict is correct, but if the defendant had been black, he would have been deprived of that justice.

How's this been going for you, and when did the wallet inspector say they'd be back? You daft rube

On 11/11/2021 at 10:29, Priti priti priti Patel said:

Erm, not getting involved in this debate. My missus is a black American 

On 19/11/2021 at 19:15, Priti priti priti Patel said:

lolol I could have, but my girlfriend, a black American*, would not have been very happy.

*(that's something else I have posted on here before, in case you think I am just making shit up)

For a lawyer you're a wee bit fast and loose with your language

On 19/11/2021 at 20:26, parsforlife said:

Exactly,  if they spoke a different language our reaction to the differences in politics etc would be completely different.

Give it 30 years and Spanish will be the top dog...

On 22/11/2021 at 11:39, Priti priti priti Patel said:

The thing about him travelling "across state lines" is misdirection by the prosecutor. He travelled about 25 minutes.

He either crossed state lines or he didn't - travelling 25 minutes or 25 hours makes little odds

54 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

How's this been going for you, and when did the wallet inspector say they'd be back? You daft rube

I haven't been monitoring it, but from what you have posted there it appears to be going very poorly. That does not make me any less comfortable with the fact I was at least willing to give him a chance not to go down this road.

56 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

For a lawyer you're a wee bit fast and loose with your language

I actually genuinely thought until right now that one could refer to any long-term female partner as a "missus". You learn something new every day! I am, indeed, fast and loose with my language on here, since it's just an internet message board.

41 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

He either crossed state lines or he didn't - travelling 25 minutes or 25 hours makes little odds

Legally, that can be true, for example in establishing a federal offence, but only in federal court which this wasn't. Factually, however, that's not true. The point about "crossing state lines" was used inside and outside of the courtroom to reinforce the alleged fact that he had no connection to the area. In reality, it was all part of the same built up area, and he had many connections to that side of the border.

4 minutes ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

Legally, that can be true, for example in establishing a federal offence, but only in federal court which this wasn't. Factually, however, that's not true. The point about "crossing state lines" was used inside and outside of the courtroom to reinforce the alleged fact that he had no connection to the area. In reality, it was all part of the same built up area, and he had many connections to that side of the border.

You're the one that mentioned crossing state lines, if it was totally irrelevant why didn't you say so in your original post?