George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

East End Park, Mark Walters playing for Rangers. In those days the home end would be filled with pockets of Rangers fans. I remember my old man nearly causing a riot when someone shouted "Black B...." at Walters. Tensions bristled. My dad pulled him up and said "he's not a black b he's a bluenosed b..". Didn't go down well with the visitors. 

I mind Jose Quitongo saying he never got that much racist abuse in Scotland, compared to people he knew who played elsewhere, because he was too busy being a Jambo b*****d or Paisley b*****d to be a Black b*****d.

We're quite open minded in a close minded kind of way up here.

Lying that he heard voices in his head or clearly lying because there is no such thing as "God".

Lying about voices telling him to do it. Without wishing to get into it as it’s pretty grim there were very clear sexual motivations for the murders and practically all his victims were sexually assaulted.

Often sexual offenders and even murderers will lie about their motivations to try and sugar coat it. The Son of Sam case is another good example, people still think his neighbours dog told him to do it.

7 hours ago, AMMjag said:

I'm sure a sustained media campaign will follow to force the Tories into revoking a host of party memberships... 

... Or they'll realise that if they did so then they couldn't fill a social club with their next party conference and will instead continue sweep away and legitimise racism

IMG-20200622-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20200622-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20200622-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20200622-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20200622-WA0004.jpg

The funny thing is that there were Africans here probably before their ancestors arrived and settled. https://www.history.co.uk/article/the-history-of-black-britain-roman-africans#:~:text=Although a gradual process%2C the,the Roman Empire was multicultural.

23 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

NAP they have been on a security course in Israel

Possibly but it could also be down to rank and file morons.

It seems like a terrible strategy though as this is the kind of thing that will get people voting for Defund candidates in primaries. 

47 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

So much for the tolerant left eh?

I think many people who believe themselves to be 'left wing' are anything but tolerant. They're modern day puritans who police what people say and get hysterical if certain views are aired publicly. 

I have many 'left wing' views - I believe in the regulation of the economy, and a decent welfare state and free health care. But I'm also a 'fascist' as I think mass-immigration has been bad and I believe in people's unfettered right to articulate their political views (free speech).

Whilst I believe the cop in the video has every right to be presumed innocent, and that he should be able to walk the streets unmolested, I live in the real world. Is there a better time to be in his position than right now when people are actually being encouraged to wear masks?

Edited by Sinner-to-Saint

29 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

I think many people who believe themselves to be 'left wing' are anything but tolerant. They're modern day puritans who police what people say and get hysterical if certain views are aired publicly. 

I have many 'left wing' views - I believe in the regulation of the economy, and a decent welfare state and free health care. But I'm also a 'fascist' as I think mass-immigration has been bad and I believe in people's unfettered right to articulate their political views (free speech).

Whilst I believe the cop in the video has every right to be presumed innocent, and that he should be able to walk the streets unmolested, I live in the real world. Is there a better time to be in his position than right now when people are actually being encouraged to wear masks?

Do you not support the right of the woman behind the camera to articulate her views in an unfettered manner? 

13 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Do you not support the right of the woman behind the camera to articulate her views in an unfettered manner? 

I do. There's a line between free speech and harassment, though. She had the right to tell him what she thought of him, but she was also filming him and followed him around. I found it uncomfortable viewing probably because I think she was trying to incite a mob rather than trying to exercise her right to freedom of speech.  

24 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Complaining about mass immigration when you live in Scotland is the clearest sign you spend too much time online immersed in the culture wars.

I live and work in Glasgow and have watched the demographics change very quickly, and unabated it's pretty obvious it will continue to change over the next decade or two, as will Glasgow's character and identity, IMHO. I'm all for a certain amount of diversity, but I genuinely do not feel that mass-immigration benefits me or the city as a whole. That's a debate for another time and place, though.

I'm off to watch Lord of War! 

3 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

I do. There's a line between free speech and harassment, though. She had the right to tell him what she thought of him, but she was also filming him and followed him around. I found it uncomfortable viewing probably because I think she was trying to incite a mob rather than trying to exercise her right to freedom of speech.  

There's not a line between free speech and harassment. If you want to prevent harassment you have to fetter free speech.  If you want free speech unfettered you have to accept harassment and bigotry. 

3 hours ago, Del79 said:

The funny thing is that there were Africans here probably before their ancestors arrived and settled. https://www.history.co.uk/article/the-history-of-black-britain-roman-africans#:~:text=Although a gradual process%2C the,the Roman Empire was multicultural.

No the funny thing is that half of them are making bigoted jibes about absentee fathers yet adore Boris Johnson.

13 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

I live and work in Glasgow and have watched the demographics change very quickly, and unabated it's pretty obvious it will continue to change over the next decade or two, as will Glasgow's character and identity, IMHO. I'm all for a certain amount of diversity, but I genuinely do not feel that mass-immigration benefits me or the city as a whole. That's a debate for another time and place, though.

It all started to go downhill when they let the Irish and the teuchters in.

42 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

Must be a wind up.