I have just released an album

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

PLease describe the music in a way that a man in his late 30s would understand.

I'd say it's quite mainstream, with influences of pop/pop-rock, folk music, and spoken word/rap. As Slenderman has noted, the sound is maybe quite nostalgic and influenced partly by pop music of yesteryear.

20 minutes ago, Falkirk09Bairn said:

Thought it was crap really but fair play for creating it and having the guts to put it out there. 

I've been needing to see a comment like this. It gives me a good gauge of my current mindset. A while ago, that would have put me off recording music for a number of years. Now I have absolutely no qualms in continuing to work on my music despite its crapness. A blessing for me, a curse for everyone else.

Edited by The Real Saints

2 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I've been needing to see a comment like this. It gives me a good gauge of my current mindset. A while ago, that would have put me off recording music for a number of years. Now I have absolutely no qualms in continuing to work on my music despite its crapness. A blessing for me, a curse for you.

Good on you. Never stop creating even if everyone you know thinks it's shit.

I'll check this out later, I wish you all the best.

53 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Hello P&Bers, I am indulging in a bit of a spamming spree as I've just released my debut album Grey Hairs and Black Dogs. 

I started recording it last August. It's a ten-track project which details my struggles with mental health during the past six years. It's available to download and stream on iTunes, Spotify, Bandcamp and many other digital platforms. 20% of all proceeds will be going to Samaritans. 

Bandcamp: https://olliewale.bandcamp.com/album/grey-hairs-and-black-dogs

iTunes: https://music.apple.com/gb/artist/ollie-wale/1377941213

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/3TnAcivfAeqRzqA5V2FBRs

If a moderator wants to move this to the music forum, I understand. Just trying to maximise my potential audience and catapult it to #1 in the album charts 😶 Thanks guys!

Well done TRS.  Havent listened to the full album yet but will do this evening. 

Keep on creating. 

I shall give it a listen later.  Is there sweary words in it?  If so I won't put it on whilst the kids are having their dinner.  I made that mistake before when Jarvis Cocker's "Running the World" came on and I wasn't paying attention.

Good for you in getting something made and out there

2 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I shall give it a listen later.  Is there sweary words in it?  If so I won't put it on whilst the kids are having their dinner.  I made that mistake before when Jarvis Cocker's "Running the World" came on and I wasn't paying attention.

Good for you in getting something made and out there

The first track has a couple of 'arse's' in it and the sixth track has a couple of 'shit's' in it. 

Thanks mate! 😀

18 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

It's not really my cup of tea, but it sounds pretty well done. 

How do your mum, dad and sister feel about you slagging them off in Same Shit, Different Place? :lol:

Thank you. And no worries, I posted this with the expectation that P&B might not necessarily be my primary target market in terms of my music style! But I'm glad you've been able to see something in it.

😅 That was a concern!  I went through the lyrics with them before recording it, and they seemed to appreciate the fact that I was writing honestly about how I felt at that time of my life. I am nice about my sister in Different Place (Reprise) and my parents in Homebird, so I like to think that those songs redeem it somewhat! They probably wouldn't be so happy if these later tracks didn't exist, however...

Edited by The Real Saints

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

Hello P&Bers, I am indulging in a bit of a spamming spree as I've just released my debut album Grey Hairs and Black Dogs. 

I started recording it last August. It's a ten-track project which details my struggles with mental health during the past six years. It's available to download and stream on iTunes, Spotify, Bandcamp and many other digital platforms. 20% of all proceeds will be going to Samaritans. 

Bandcamp: https://olliewale.bandcamp.com/album/grey-hairs-and-black-dogs

iTunes: https://music.apple.com/gb/artist/ollie-wale/1377941213

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/3TnAcivfAeqRzqA5V2FBRs

If a moderator wants to move this to the music forum, I understand. Just trying to maximise my potential audience and catapult it to #1 in the album charts 😶 Thanks guys!

Good for you. Can't promise I'll actually listen to it but I've followed/hit play on spotify and downloaded it on my Apple Music so hope that helps. 

Even if posters check it and don't like it, why not download/play it anyway as it  can only help Ollie and maybe one day he can get himself a pair of jeans that fit properly. 

Just listened through while working, certainly didn't hate it. The styles change quite frequently, but it doesn't sound like a novelty when it does (as can often be the case) more just a hybrid of influences. Different Place was the standout on first listen. Will likely run through it again, but sounded decent. Good effort.