27 games. 14,10,10,10

Last time the SPFL mentioned the League Cup, it was due to start in October, with Premier Sports, flexible about broadcasting dates. They've not confirmed if this will change to a later date, or be scrapped. It's in my view all 3 Cup Competitions should be scrapped for the upcoming season, and the remain SC Semis, should also be scrapped, however, I understand people would disagree with that. Worth remembering the League Cup starts with 38 SPFL clubs in Group Stages, and the Scottish Cup, starts with a 1st round consisting of the Highland and Lowland League teams, a second round where League 2 come in, I think, and so on. So how they can fit all those in, I'm really unsure. Agreed, Challenge Cup would be no loss, used to think it was a worthwhile competition, but unless you win it or at least make the final, hardly worth mentioning. 
Scrap the cups and that's another significant chunk of income denied to clubs. The league cup is worth between £15k to £20k for clubs at this level. May have to make it a straight knockout rather than groups.

The correct decision to relegate Hertz, Stranraer and probably Thistle . There has to be relegation as these are the rules of the competition and the worst teams went down in each league.

This reconstruction carry on was never for the good of the game , only to save Hertz and cover up their massive incompetence on the football side. Despite all the faux sympathy for Thistle no one really cares about them except their own fans - that's football.  

Also it's time for Falkirk to be accountable for being pretty poor this season - totally negating our financial advantage and playing crap football , we are where we deserve to be. Despite completely changing the squad multiple times we ended up with only one good player and he belonged to Ross County. 

Let's make up for it on the pitch next season whenever that comes round.     

2 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

Scrap the cups and that's another significant chunk of income denied to clubs. The league cup is worth between £15k to £20k for clubs at this level. May have to make it a straight knockout rather than groups.

Agreed, it's a loss of income to the clubs, however, at the moment it's looking like the League campaign might not even go ahead at this level, so the SPFL should have all focus on making sure, they are getting all 4 Leagues back up and running, (with dates to do so, etc.), and then they can focus on Cup Competitions. Every Club in the country, focuses on the league far more than any domestic cup, so they need to sort out  leagues first in my mind. Probably agree again, about straight to knockouts, simply due to timescale, also you can limit the games, by not having group stage matches. 

4 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

The correct decision to relegate Hertz, Stranraer and probably Thistle . There has to be relegation as these are the rules of the competition and the worst teams went down in each league.

It's quite common that all teams get to play the same number of games though. 

4 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

This reconstruction carry on was never for the good of the game , only to save Hertz and cover up their massive incompetence on the football side. Despite all the faux sympathy for Thistle no one really cares about them except their own fans - that's football.  

Also it's time for Falkirk to be accountable for being pretty poor this season - totally negating our financial advantage and playing crap football , we are where we deserve to be. Despite completely changing the squad multiple times we ended up with only one good player and he belonged to Ross County. 

Let's make up for it on the pitch next season whenever that comes round.     

Bit harsh on Robbie Mutch I would say and gomis and millar are also decent players. 

Things should've been moved on ages ago though. Typical dithering by Doncaster has seen the reconstruction debate go on for far too long when a deadline for that should have been set weeks ago so that the spfl and teams were concentrating on other things.  Instead his desperation to avoid hearts being relegated and a legal challenge took over.  If Hearts win their case it's easy to see where the first 350k saving can come from at least.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Scrap the cups and use the dates to get a full 36 game league program in, playing into June if necessary.

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

It's quite common that all teams get to play the same number of games though. 

It's quite common for there not to be a worldwide pandemic shutting down the entire planet for months aswell.

Guest Ecosse83
Just now, stuartcraig said:

Considerably Richer Than You - Harry Enfield and Chums - BBC on ...

Not at all, I'm just merely pointing out Albion Rovers voted no because they couldn't be bothered with the extra expense of fuel in a bloomin bus. 

If that's good enough in your eyes for Scottish football then fair enough!

“I never realised how far away Brora is – it’s nearly up at John O’Groats. I was speaking to the chairman and the board the other day about that.

“It would have seen us leaving at 6am to get there for a Saturday game, so that would have been a long way up.

“No disrespect to Brora, I’m sure it’s a lovely place, but in terms of the geography of it, it would have been a long way to go and a lot of expense to the club to go up there.

Team has an away game shocker.

Not as if Albion Rovers are the only team that would have to do that. Likewise Brora would've had to leave at the crack of dawn for most of their away trips bar Elgin.

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, stuartcraig said:

Of course you are.

So you think it's ok for Scottish football clubs to think in that way? 

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/albion-rovers-gaffers-birthday-relief-22198675.amp

And folk think the part time teams should get a vote that could impact the top flight 🤣

Should full time clubs that find themselves in a lower league than some part time clubs also get a vote... just out of interest?

Guest Ecosse83
28 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Should full time clubs that find themselves in a lower league than some part time clubs also get a vote... just out of interest?

To be honest probably not.  League 1 and league 2 are obviously looked at very differently to the rest of Scottish football. 

Edited by Ecosse83

26 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

To be honest probably not.  League 1 and league 2 are obviously looked at very differently to the rest of Scottish football. 

Well what you're basically arguing for is a step towards individualism, rather than collectivism generally in Scottish football, weird obsession with part-time clubs aside. Albion Rovers, Falkirk, Hearts, and Celtic are all different clubs in different situations so why should any of them have any influence on any of the others. You could equally just say why should Celtic have any say on what happens in League 2.

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

So you think it's ok for Scottish football clubs to think in that way? 

What way specifically?  Because I've read the article and nowhere does it say that the Rovers voted no, never mind giving their motivation for doing so if they had.

Either way, I'd judge the motives of a club less harshly for voting on the basis that it allows them to better manage costs on a limited budget, than the one who votes on the basis of gaining promotion without having to compete for it.

What way specifically?  Because I've read the article and nowhere does it say that the Rovers voted no, never mind giving their motivation for doing so if they had.
Either way, I'd judge the motives of a club less harshly for voting on the basis that it allows them to better manage costs on a limited budget, than the one who votes on the basis of gaining promotion without having to compete for it.

You mean like Raith Rovers?…

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

You mean like Raith Rovers?…

Yes, like that vote (although that was about how to finish the season, rather than restructuring).

Without remembering the point of view of specific individuals, I seem to remember general Falkirk outrage about the proposal at the time.