Lewis Capaldi hatred thread

They sell because they're popular. To be popular, you have to have a degree of talent that people want to procure a copy of. You're claiming a man who has sold millions of copies of his album - worldwide - is a one hit wonder. You're also claiming a weegie, who vaguely rhymes his weegie words together is a "better lyricist and songwriter". 
You're absolutely oot yer nut. 
It's become abundantly clear that your musical opinions are best to be ignored.

I'm not dismissing capaldi. I'm saying that so far he's absolutely rocketed to fame on the back of one huge hit. I've heard a couple of other songs that of his and they're very similar, but without the massively catchy hook that brought him his success.

I hope he can build himself a decent career because he seems like a genuinely good guy.

I just posted in the coronavirus thread by mistake. Panda he isn’t a one hit wonder, his album was the top selling album in the U.K. in 2019 and his follow up single got to number 1. This isn’t what happens with one hit wonders. You are all over the place here.

Yet it's your posts being torn apart by multiple users. Continuously. 

Can you answer this point, that i asked another poster?

Are you a big fan of capaldi's music (taking out everything else surrounding him)?

I really like his big hit but so far everything else has been pretty bland fare.

Fair point.

27 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

They sell because they're popular. To be popular, you have to have a degree of talent that people want to procure a copy of. You're claiming a man who has sold millions of copies of his album - worldwide - is a one hit wonder. You're also claiming a weegie, who vaguely rhymes his weegie words together is a "better lyricist and songwriter". 

You're absolutely oot yer nut. 

Actually, it doesn't work that way at all. The music industry decides who is popular and in the "charts". They then play it all over the radio stations. The masses don't decide who they like, the music industry tells them who to like. Unless somebody actively goes searching for alternative artists who don't sing to the tune of the music industry, they're not going to know any better.

You like the top 40, because the top 40 is all you're being spoon fed.

10 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I really like his big hit but so far everything else has been pretty bland fare.

That isn’t what you said though you said he had done nothing to prove he is any more than a one hit wonder which is an absolute nonsense claim they you’re rightly being slaughtered for. 

That isn’t what you said though you said he had done nothing to prove he is any more than a one hit wonder which is an absolute nonsense claim they you’re rightly being slaughtered for. 
I don't care about being slaughtered on here - I'm just trying to find out what folk are genuinely saying about capaldi.

Are there fans of his music on here? All i see is folk defending HIM - not his music. I've not read all the posts but certainly in the last few pages that's all I'm seeing.

I massively agree that he's a good c**t and I liked his big hit. But from the stuff I've heard (a couple of songs on the radio, and i watched his set at Glastonbury) - i think he's still living off that one hit.

I hope I'm proved wrong, because as i said, he's a good c**t.

39 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Actually, it doesn't work that way at all. The music industry decides who is popular and in the "charts". They then play it all over the radio stations. The masses don't decide who they like, the music industry tells them who to like. Unless somebody actively goes searching for alternative artists who don't sing to the tune of the music industry, they're not going to know any better.

You are the bore in the kitchen of a teenage party who has just got into Bill Hicks. 

The wifie that stays a few doors down from me, head shaved into a mohawk and only ever seen wearing old Rangers tops, has been blaring Cinnamon for the past hour. If I didn't hate him before I do now, I'd say something but I'd rather keep my teeth.

49 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I don't care about being slaughtered on here - I'm just trying to find out what folk are genuinely saying about capaldi.

Are there fans of his music on here? All i see is folk defending HIM - not his music. I've not read all the posts but certainly in the last few pages that's all I'm seeing.

I massively agree that he's a good c**t and I liked his big hit. But from the stuff I've heard (a couple of songs on the radio, and i watched his set at Glastonbury) - i think he's still living off that one hit.

I hope I'm proved wrong, because as i said, he's a good c**t.

Well you could have gone about your approach differently by not making outrageous claims of him being a one hit wonder. I’m not really a fan of his but your claim just made me think you have no idea what you are banging on about. 

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Can you answer this point, that i asked another poster?

Are you a big fan of capaldi's music 

No. I'm not a 'big fan' of much music anymore as in, I only buy records or tickets to bands I truly enjoy and would 'follow' to gigs.

I have searched out his album and played it through - it's an easy enough listen. 

Would I buy his album? No. 

Could I sit and listen to it? Yes. 

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

I don't listen to the radio, so.. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

Aye, but your CD rack is full of NOW albums and nothing remotely original.

I thought the hipster look was just ironic but you actually are that weird c**t at parties. 

Well you could have gone about your approach differently by not making outrageous claims of him being a one hit wonder. I’m not really a fan of his but your claim just made me think you have no idea what you are banging on about. 
I don't listen to the radio, so.. [emoji2369]
So that's 2 no's.

The reason that Sheeran, Capaldi, GC, Ezra etc get such a response is because the concept of a pop star has completely changed since social media started. 

Back in the old days pop stars were people like Prince, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Kate Bush, Bowie who were huge charismatic figures who weren't at all relatable but were aspirational. Their fans wanted to be like but them but knew never would be.

Ed Sheeran fans are so boring that their icon is someone just as boring as them. It's a completely different mindset. The aim is for everything to be as homogeneous as possible. 

12 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The reason that Sheeran, Capaldi, GC, Ezra etc get such a response is because the concept of a pop star has completely changed since social media started. 

Back in the old days pop stars were people like Prince, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Kate Bush, Bowie who were huge charismatic figures who weren't at all relatable but were aspirational. Their fans wanted to be like but them but knew never would be.

Ed Sheeran fans are so boring that their icon is someone just as boring as them. It's a completely different mindset. The aim is for everything to be as homogeneous as possible. 

Sounds like a fair enough assertion, although I wonder if shows like The X Factor are more to blame for the shift than social media.