RIP Ennio Morricone

third lanark

Rest In Peace Ennio

Surely one of the greatest film composers there ever was.  Apparently did the soundtracks to over 500 films.

I remember seeing the film For a Few Dollars More when I was a kid and loved the haunting, whistling themed title soundtrack and the other music in the film.  That was my introduction to Morricone and for that matter also the work of Sergio Leone, who he was also closely associated with.

Composed music for films for over 70 years, an absolutely amazing life he must have led.

Rest In Peace Ennio
Surely one of the greatest film composers there ever was.  Apparently did the soundtracks to over 500 films.
I remember seeing the film For a Few Dollars More when I was a kid and loved the haunting, whistling themed title soundtrack and the other music in the film.  That was my introduction to Morricone and for that matter also the work of Sergio Leone, who he was also closely associated with.
Composed music for films for over 70 years, an absolutely amazing life he must have led.

His soundtracks to "The Dollar's trilogy" are a work of art. Still have the soundtrack on disc to The Good, The Bad & The Ugly. It's a masterpiece.

9 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Rest In Peace Ennio

Probably most famous for the Good, the Bad and the Ugly etc, but his soundtrack for The Mission was his best work imo.

11 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Probably most famous for the Good, the Bad and the Ugly etc, but his soundtrack for The Mission was his best work imo.

Thats a beautiful soundtrack as well.  Quite incredible to think of just how many wonderful soundtracks he composed.

Interestingly ive seen quite a few article mention that when asked his own favourite score out of so many of the films he created the music for he said it was the gangster film Once Upon A time in America with Robert De Niro, which is another brilliant epic film and of course not surprisngly has another incredible soundtrack too

I listened to The Good, The Bad and The Ugly score a few months back (started a topic in the music thread on the back of it actually) and could picture almost every scene the piece of music went with. Really shows the power of a (his) great score given the music is just the background.

• 3 weeks later...

A Few Dollars More was on the box last night, decided to stay up and watch it, superb stuff, Clint Eastwood the young Gun and Lee Van Cleef the old hand. Released in 1965, cannae whack the Old Westerns, brilliant.