Cancel culture

2 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

Massive problem these days is simply not enough people are just told to "f**k off". It really is that simple.

For example;

"I'm offended" 

"Well f**k off then" :) 

"But, but, but..........I"

"Have you not fucked off yet?"  

There's a great comedian you'd like called Ricky Gervais. A bit obscure but I'm sure you'd like him if you gave him a chance

• 2 weeks later...

I was asked not to tell anyone but I just could not resist. Congratulations to @ICTChris , JST and that Waldo guy who are in line to become senior research fellows at the Cancellation University (I can reveal Mr Waldo will also be acting as a junior teacher in the Advanced Phrenology Studies course). 

19 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I was asked not to tell anyone but I just could not resist. Congratulations to @ICTChris , JST and that Waldo guy who are in line to become senior research fellows at the Cancellation University (I can reveal Mr Waldo will also be acting as a junior teacher in the Advanced Phrenology Studies course). 

I hope they do e-learning

8 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Would I surprise you if I told you that the funding for this is coming (as far as I can see currently exclusively) from Joe Lonsdale of Palantir, a far right figure who has previously decried "Cultural Marxism". 

And it's just as well this opportunity arose for Kathleen Stock after (definitely after, not before) she voluntarily left her post at Sussex! 

17 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

This has to be a parody right? 

The cancellation of Julius Caesar? 

Some racist antivax ranter virgin on Youtube has parallels to a despot who used the military as his private army to defeat his rivals and seize power? 

I think i preferred these weirdos when they were obsessed with creationism. 

32 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Would I surprise you if I told you that the funding for this is coming (as far as I can see currently exclusively) from Joe Lonsdale of Palantir, a far right figure who has previously decried "Cultural Marxism". 

And it's just as well this opportunity arose for Kathleen Stock after (definitely after, not before) she voluntarily left her post at Sussex! 

Think you’ve made a mistake here - Kathleen Stock was hounded out of her job by woke mobs and the trans agenda, or so I keep hearing. That was absolutely real and it definitely - definitely - wasn’t a grift to raise her profile and get more money. 

It’s a good job we have the far right ultra rich always there to look after the interests of ordinary people. 

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Missed opportunity to call the institution the Texas Institute of Technological Sciences.

IMO

What about that old one - Central University of Newcastle upon Tyne?

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/10/07/newcastle-university-applies-trademark-rude-word_n_4057198.html