SPFL Famous Family XI

With Airdrie's signing of Laurent Robert's boy, we must have a decent shout for a 'do you know who my Da/Cousin/Uncle is' famous XI:

I'll compile it based not on ability but how famous in fitba terms the relative is. 

Due to the number and popularity of suggestions - I've added a Scottish XI to keep them separate from the lads coming from foreign shores giving it 'my old man won the World/European Cup, so I'm great anaw!'

A few points:

• Same surnames only - Christopher Wreh (who had a decent couple years himself) was George Weah's cousin but he's not considered.
  • Diego Maradona's boy doesn't count, he only had a trial with Clyde in the early 2000s

The international XI:

GK - Kasper Schmeichel (Falkirk) - Son of Peter Schmeichel

LB - Willy Aubameyang (Kilmarnock) - half brother of Pierre Emerick Aubameyang (NB: Not sure he's a left back but Wiki lists him as a defender, so he's there for now) 

RB - Tom Hateley (Motherwell, Dundee) - Son of Mark Hateley 

CB - Anton Ferdinand (St. Mirren) - Brother of Rio Ferdinand, nephew of Les Ferdinand 

CB - Collin Seedorf (Inverness) Cousin of Clarence Seedorf.

RM - Oan Djorkaeff (St. Mirren) - Son of Youri Djorkaeff

LM - Rodney Sneijder (Dundee Utd) - Brother of Wesley Sneijder

CM - Ianis Hagi (Rangers) - Son of Georghe Hagi

CM - Matias Pogba (Partick Thistle) - Brother of Paul Pogba

CF - Devante Cole (Motherwell) - Son of Andy Cole

CF - Timothy Weah (Celtic) - Son of George Weah

Subs and Squad players:

Thomas Robert - (Airdrie) - Son of Laurent Robert
Sherwin Seedorf (Motherwell) - 'Distant relation' to Clarence Seedorf 
Sam Stubbs (Hamilton) - Son of Allan Stubbs 
Markus Fjortoft (Hamilton) - Son of Jan Aage Fjortoft 
Niall Keown (Partick Thistle, St. Johnstone) - Son of Martin Keown
John Sutton ( Motherwell, Hearts, Raith, Morton, St. Mirren, Dundee, St. Johnstone) - Brother of Chris Sutton

The Scottish XI

GK  - Jonathan Gould (Celtic) - Son of Bobby Gould

LB

RB - Jackie McNamara (Dunfermline, Celtic, Aberdeen, Falkirk, Partick Thistle) - Son of Jackie McNamara Sr.

CB - Ryan O'Leary (Aberdeen, Dundee, Kilmarnock) - nephew of David O'Leary

CB - Sergei Baltacha (St. Mirren) - Son of Sergei Baltacha Sr. 

LM

RM

CM - Chris McStay (Clyde) - Son of Paul McStay

CM - Gavin Strachan (Motherwell, Dundee, Ross County) - Son of Gordon Strachan

CF - Paul Dalglish (Hibs, Livingston, Kilmarnock) - Son of Kenny Dalglish

CF - Callum Hendry (St Johnstone) - Son of Colin Hendry

Subs and Squad players

Peter Grant Jr. (Falkirk, Morton, Queen's Park) - Son of Peter Grant
Ian Gilzean (Dundee, Ayr, Montrose) - Son of Alan Gilzean
Paul Chalmers (St. Mirren, Dunfermline, Hamilton, Celtic, East Fife, Ayr) - Son of Stevie Chalmers
Joe McBride (Hibs, Dundee, East Fife, Livingston, Albion) - Son of Joe McBride Sr.

Others who aren't getting in to either squad for various reasons.:

• The rest of the McStays. Too many generations of them, you could start a new squad with just McStays. Paul could be in it himself cos of his uncles. 
  • The McGinns.  - Both younger and had made careers in their own right before John, they weren't living on the family name. If either ends up at Aston Villa, I will revise.
  • The Fergusons.
  • The de Boers - both too famous in their own right before Rangers. 
  • Brian Laudrup - too famous in his own right. 
  • Pierce O'Leary - Ryan O'leary is already in a squad. 
  • Gerry and Joe Baker - both stars of their era in their own right, neither lived off the other's name
  • Dick and Ian Campbell
  • Sone Aluko - Has a professional footballer for a sister but not living off the name. We'd heard of him before his sister, who is fucking horrible Tory.
  • Gavin Skelton - Though his sister, I agree, is a wid. He'd get a shout at the International XI bench if Blue Peter had a fitba team.
  • Scott Gemmill - Prime candidate and ticks every box apart from somehow never actually playing in Scotland's leagues.
  • Baldur Bett - Would have got in off the back of Jim Bett had he opted to play for Scotland but as he's Icelandic, Jim's star power cant get him as place in the international squad.

Players whose family members aren't famous enough:

• Rod Wallace
  • Shota Arveladze
  • Alex Gogic
  • Dan Redmond
  • Max Christie
  • Jason Cummings' cousin who folk don't know his name!
  • Stevie Mallan
  • Ross Millen
  • Ryan Christie
  • Dean Sheils

Expelled sine die for pretending to have a famous family member:

Nigel Hasselbaink - (Hamilton, St. Mirren, St. Johnstone) - Pretending to be the nephew of Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink... the wee arsehole.

Who have I missed? Get your suggestions in. The more obscure the better. 

Edited by djchapsticks

18 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Bobby & Jackie Charlton. Not exactly obscure but two legends of the game.

I don't think you've quite understood the context of the thread. :lol:

I also forgot that there was Collin Seedorf as well who briefly showed up at Inverness. 

Just now, Stu said:

Tremendous idea for a thread.

Anton Ferdinand surely worth his shout, especially as he can point to two famous relatives.

Fucking hell. That's a miss by me. 

Stubbs now dropped for Ferdinand. Ironic given that Ferdinand was the first player signed immediately following his gormless old man getting emptied. 

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Nah, you don't get to claim him. 

He was nearly Clyde's before he was nearly Dunfermline's.

https://m.clydefc.co.uk/news/2003/03/06/508/#.XwdZ_VPTVkw

Maybe so but Jim Leishman picked him up from the airport and whisked him to Dunfermline. He became good pals with Noel Hunt but they wage demand/talent gap was too wide for even John Yorkston to throw money at.

2 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Paul dalglish played for us, as well as Killie and Livi I think it was

Aye. He gets in the first XI based on the fact his old man was Scotland's greatest ever player. 

Gavin Strachan gets a place on the bench alongside Callum Hendry but limiting Scottish players as there aren't many genuine box office names good enough for even a squad place. For example, Barry Ferguson's nephew is already excluded due to star power of other players already in the squad. 

Markus Fjortoft (CB) son of Jan Aage Fjortoft

Alex Gogic (CB/CM) son of Sinisa Gogic.

Danny Redmond (LM) son of Steve Redmond

I’d also vouch for Hasselbaink to be taken out since Jimmy Floyd said he didn’t actually know who he was and didn’t think he was related to him aka Wee fat nige talking pish.