WoSFL Premier Division thread

24 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

If a club with no licence wins it then so be it.

The Blazers will be laughed out the pyramid.

o you mean the Blazers at Beith, for failing to get licensed, or those at Darvel, Talbot, Clydebank etc. for letting them win?

Just now, Stag Nation said:

o you mean the Blazers at Beith, for failing to get licensed, or those at Darvel, Talbot, Clydebank etc. for letting them win?

I can only assume you did not read the well-publicised story about the issues which have prevented Beith from applying for a license.

In what must have been a particularly hard defeat for Clydebank, I must thank the home team. They were most magnanimous in defeat and praise Largs for our performance. And the cupcakes from Clydebank Women were delicious.

No complaints about refereeing is always a plus.

Edited by Josuke Higashikata

Ok, @PossilYM, I'll endulge (for probably the 5th time now).

I've asked you this question at least four times already, and on each occasion you have disappeared, not answered the question, waited a few weeks and then come back and trotted out the same line again. Then, when asked the same question, the same cycle repeats.

So, for the sake of your credibility, please answer this question :-

Why would it be embarrassing for the WoSFL Board if a non-licensed team wins the league again this season, given that the Scottish FA suspended new licensing applications last year and won't lift the suspension until after this summer's AGM ?

Edited by glensmad

16 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I've asked you this question at least four times already, and on each occasion you have disappeared, not answered the question, waited a few weeks and then come back and trotted out the same line again. Then, when asked the same question, the same cycle repeats.

Why would it be embarrassing for the WoSFL Board if a non-licensed team wins the league again this season, given that the Scottish FA suspended new licensing applications last year and won't lift the suspension until after this summer's AGM ?

I hope I'm wrong here but at what point do the Blazers past and present except they made a hash of negotiations regarding setting up the Wosfl?

Did nobody think of asking what happens if the Wosfl winners were unlicensed?

If and again i hope this isn't the case, the Wosfl goes to three in a row failing to get our Champions into the Lowland League?

5 times I've now asked and not one Blazer can answer and put their hands up that they or those previous made a complete hash of negotiations in joining the pyramid.

1 minute ago, PossilYM said:

I hope I'm wrong here but at what point do the Blazers past and present except they made a hash of negotiations regarding setting up the Wosfl?

If and again i hope this isn't the case, the Wosfl goes to three in a row failing to get our Champions into the Lowland League?

5 times I've now asked and not one Blazer can answer and put their hands up that they or those previous made a complete hash of negotiations in joining the pyramid.

But you know what happens. Why does a League official need to tell you?

32 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Can you enlighten me at all regarding why progressive clubs who are trying their upmost best to become licensed are hitting a brick wall? Why the suspension  until after this summers agm ? Shouldn't proactive clubs be encouraged to gain their licence as opposed to hitting the proverbial Brick wall ? Is this encouraging progress or building big barriers?  

I'm only a fan of My club and my words don't represent anyone other than myself    .

18 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Can you enlighten me at all regarding why progressive clubs who are trying their upmost best to become licensed are hitting a brick wall? Why the suspension  until after this summers agm ? Shouldn't proactive clubs be encouraged to gain their licence as opposed to hitting the proverbial Brick wall ? Is this encouraging progress or building big barriers?  

I'm only a fan of My club and my words don't represent anyone other than myself    .

You'd need to ask the Scottish FA to answer that one.

23 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Ok, so finally you've been brave enough to respond, well done.

I assume you are aware that the pyramid existed before the WoSFL did, and the Lowland League had an agreement with the EoSFL and the SoSFL prior to the WoSFL asking to be part of that. For that agreement to change, it required the agreement of all three existing parties, and the Scottish FA.

Part of that agreement was that only champion clubs who are licensed can be promoted to the LL. The WoSFL had to agree to those terms, otherwise the Scottish FA would not have sanctioned the WoSFL's entry to the pyramid.

It's as simple as that. It may change in the future if all five parties agree to change it, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

I hope that gives you some clarity.

1 hour ago, Josuke Higashikata said:

In what must have been a particularly hard defeat for Clydebank, I must thank the home team. They were most magnanimous in defeat and praise Largs for our performance. And the cupcakes from Clydebank Women were delicious.

Largs did a right number on us. Perfect game plan. Well deserved.

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Ok, so finally you've been brave enough to respond, well done.

I assume you are aware that the pyramid existed before the WoSFL did, and the Lowland League had an agreement with the EoSFL and the SoSFL prior to the WoSFL asking to be part of that. For that agreement to change, it required the agreement of all three existing parties, and the Scottish FA.

Part of that agreement was that only champion clubs who are licensed can be promoted to the LL. The WoSFL had to agree to those terms, otherwise the Scottish FA would not have sanctioned the WoSFL's entry to the pyramid.

It's as simple as that. It may change in the future if all five parties agree to change it, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

I hope that gives you some clarity.

No need for it to change. Fine as it is. Nothing to see here,

33 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Not much to negotiate. The West Region had failed to enter the pyramid through the SJFA. Those putting together the WoSFL didn't have much to do except accept what was on offer. Otherwise clubs would be left with the SoSFL/EoSFL application option.

Everyone was well aware it would have to be a licensed champion to gain entry the LL Play-off. Why should another league's champion compete against a lower ranked team.

There's no promotion for the WoS Premier champion. Try again next season.

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

Did Beith ever find out who owns their park or whatever it was that was holding up their application before?

I'm sure I read that they had a planning application in for floodlights.

7 hours ago, Josuke Higashikata said:

Better team won and I thought the referee let the game flow and didn’t give into any of the soft nonsense foul claims throughout the game.

Cakes were top notch too!