WoSFL Premier Division thread

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

See if folk hate us as much as they go on about on this forum, why tf are they so bothered if we play in the sjfa cup or not? Who cares? 
Our fans dont want the club we own to compete in the sjfa cup, simple as that, some will want this because they dont like the sjfa, some will see it as something thats not in the financial interest of the club, some will see it as unnecessary games in an already long season. Our fans all have different views and opinions on things, my own view isnt that we are ‘better’ or ‘look down on’ the sjfa, just simply not something i want my club to be involved in, again if people want their clubs to compete then i hope they have a brilliant time doing so and stop worrying about other clubs priorities. 

Charlie Day Ok GIF

41 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

You've made that up out of thin air.

They may well have. The suggestion though isn't that the SCC becomes voluntary. It's that the WoSFL membership votes to amend its own mandatory requirement in their constitution.

image.png.821a6a358f5be3c3732c75bfd7c142ee.png

The SCC Cup Competition Committee then needs to do deal with the fallout if it happens.

I wouldn't put it past anyone trying. Especially, if its coming from Gartcairn who have ties to the person that took over the running of the SJFA. As you can see from the above snippet despite the original intentions the SJC would be upto the clubs to make work. The WoSFL made sure to get it protected in the constitution.

4 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

You, I and everyone know the reason you don't want to take part. To cite financial motives is disingenuous.

The reason some clubs don't want to take part is that it's now a glorified West of Scotland cup with a sprinkling of clubs from Tayside and the North of the country competing in the earlier rounds, run by an archaic and irrelevant organisation.  I don't know why you can't understand this.

24 minutes ago, energyzone said:

The reason some clubs don't want to take part is that it's now a glorified West of Scotland cup with a sprinkling of clubs from Tayside and the North of the country competing in the earlier rounds, run by an archaic and irrelevant organisation.  I don't know why you can't understand this.

Totally agreed well said .

40 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The WoSFL made sure to get it protected in the constitution.

That wording wasn't in the original WoSFL Constitution, it was added after a Constitution change proposal by a club which was seconded by another, and accepted by the clubs at the AGM.

Indeed, the junior cup is a shell of a competition with no relevance  unless you are from a backwater like Auchinleck.

Any team that wins it can have no claim to be the best of anything.

2 minutes ago, F_T_Y said:

Indeed, the junior cup is a shell of a competition with no relevance  unless you are from a backwater like Auchinleck.

Pretty much nobody claims that it makes you the "best of anything". It's a tired straw man argument.

1 hour ago, F_T_Y said:

Rather than the thriving metropolis of Clydebank? Which competition do you value? Then we will all know what you would like to win one day or better still, we could tell you how it feels to win things.

59 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Rather than the thriving metropolis of Clydebank? Which competition do you value? Then we will all know what you would like to win one day or better still, we could tell you how it feels to win things.

Again, I assume you make such comments at Kelty and Bonnyrigg?

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Rather than the thriving metropolis of Clydebank? 

Clydebank is literally part of the largest urban conurbation in the country. 

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I will pass on your historic tales but thanks for an easy 6 points this season.

19 minutes ago, F_T_Y said:

I will pass on your historic tales but thanks for an easy 6 points this season.

Will the “we beat Talbot twice cup” be the only honour this season for the Bankies?

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I cant lie i think its really funny how wound up you are getting about all of this. 

9 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I cant lie i think its really funny how wound up you are getting about all of this. 

Not really. Just didn't appreciate Auchinleck being arrogantly (the word which began this) described as a backwater.

17 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

See if folk hate us as much as they go on about on this forum, why tf are they so bothered if we play in the sjfa cup or not? Who cares? 

^^^ There's someone who's wound up.

Edited by jimbaxters

21 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Honestly, that is very disappointing IMO. I had thought the prize money was coming from the unspent war chest of the SJFA. To take 60% of four probably well attended gates is extracting the urine. Takes the shine off what is a fine competition and takes us back to the time when we all saw the SJFA for the rogues they were.

This is very probably keech. 

Edit ... so it's true. So a 2000 crowd will make SJFA around £8000 depending on split of concessions ( going on £10 and £5 ). Actual lol. Aye completely gagging to get back to that .. ha ha

Edited by BANKIEBILL