WoSFL Premier Division thread

5 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

As many know Mick Kennedy was desperate for the Lok job when Maxwell was appointed so was that an error?

I think personally a better move for him if the club offered him it would have been Pollok than East Kilbride. No disrespect to EK, as a club they don’t have any of the lure Pollok do and never will.  Clubs need history and too many glorified boys clubs filling higher leagues.  

if the spfl get their wish along with the LL bronze level will be required to move up.  I think that will be in force very soon.  Almost ending the pyramid other than on paper.  

spfl don’t want the likes of Edinburgh City, Ek, st Cadocs and the likes in the league.  

1 minute ago, rhubarb1974 said:

if the spfl get their wish along with the LL bronze level will be required to move up.  I think that will be in force very soon.  Almost ending the pyramid other than on paper.  

You need a bronze licence for the SPFL, you do not need a bronze licence for the HL or LL, that won't change anytime soon, if ever.

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

You need a bronze licence for the SPFL, you do not need a bronze licence for the HL or LL, that won't change anytime soon, if ever.

I think it will, clubs in there looking after their own agendas.  They’d happily be trapped in there as they don’t want to “drop” a level even though if some were to drop to west prem I think they’d quickly fall down the leagues.  

6 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

As it stands East Kilbride can’t be promoted? Only Cumbernauld colts have bronze in LL no HL club can be promoted all at entry? If bronze is required 

albion rovers can’t re enter the SPFL either as they are only entry 

Just now, rhubarb1974 said:

I think it will, clubs in there looking after their own agendas.  They’d happily be trapped in there as they don’t want to “drop” a level even though if some were to drop to west prem I think they’d quickly fall down the leagues.  

There's one club in the HL and LL with a bronze level licence.  You make a lot of assumptions and claims based on absolutely nothing.

The LL and HL top clubs who have SPFL ambitions will work towards bronze licences, the rest may follow suit, some will not. It will happen naturally just like Entry licences in the EoSFL where I think only two or three out the 16 are not licenced.  Same will happen in the WoSFL.  No need to mandate.

As it stands East Kilbride can’t be promoted? Only Cumbernauld colts have bronze in LL no HL club can be promoted all at entry? If bronze is required 

albion rovers can’t re enter the SPFL either as they are only entry 

EK say they are on the road to being Bronze licenced in time.  Others claim there will be a grace period anyway as long as you show you're working towards it.

I know there are other clubs working on it in the LL in time for the end of next season.

4 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

There's one club in the HL and LL with a bronze level licence.  You make a lot of assumptions and claims based on absolutely nothing.

The LL and HL top clubs who have SPFL ambitions will work towards bronze licences, the rest may follow suit, some will not. It will happen naturally just like Entry licences in the EoSFL where I think only two or three out the 16 are not licenced.  Same will happen in the WoSFL.  No need to mandate.

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

EK say they are on the road to being Bronze licenced in time.  Others claim there will be a grace period anyway as long as you show you're working towards it.

I know there are other clubs working on it in the LL in time for the end of next season.

Looking at the list no HL teams at bronze.  Only Cumbernauld Colts in LL at bronze.  

why give teams a grace period, what it they don’t comply are the getting kicked out mid season? 

27 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Tossup between that and if the bankies fail to win the league.  Near enough a full team now on long contract extensions. 

Clydebank FC failing to win the league by spending considerably less than the teams likely to finish above them is comparable to a team not getting promotion whose budget is in fractions of a million.

We have signed 3 outfield players from Irvine Meadow, Kilwinning and East Kilbride with a free agent goalie. Everyone else has been at the club for years. 

Hate of Bankies leaves reality.

Having spoke to a director of Clydebank and HPCFA about bronze license. He believes it to be something achievable if required including having the medical staff available which the Highland league clubs highlighted as a particular problem. 

Teams looking to progress would work towards the criteria.

2 minutes ago, clansman said:

Clydebank FC failing to win the league by spending considerably less than the teams likely to finish above them is comparable to a team not getting promotion whose budget is in fractions of a million.

We have signed 3 outfield players from Irvine Meadow, Kilwinning and East Kilbride with a free agent goalie. Everyone else has been at the club for years. 

Hate of Bankies leaves reality.

Having spoke to a director of Clydebank and HPCFA about bronze license. He believes it to be something achievable if required including having the medical staff available which the Highland league clubs highlighted as a particular problem. 

Teams looking to progress would work towards the criteria.

I would say Clydebanknwill have the highest budget in the league.  

medical staff required is a club doctor at all home games.  I know teams in league have nurses/paramedics on attendance each game however these don’t meet the criteria it needs to be a practicing doctor.  

I would say Clydebanknwill have the highest budget in the league.  

medical staff required is a club doctor at all home games.  I know teams in league have nurses/paramedics on attendance each game however these don’t meet the criteria it needs to be a practicing doctor.  

You are wrong we don't. 

I know the requirement is a doctor. 

Now why don't you go back to pissing in from the outside on your own clubs thread.

1 hour ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Yep. Keeping it together well. Down to bare bones of a squad as well. Wouldn't surprise me if he joined half his team at Keanie Park. 

Not down to the bare bones any longer with players back from injuries and 4 new signings in the last month or so

14 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

Then this confirms that you are a lunatic.

How much was spent on Truesdale,Graham and Collins?

How much are Little and Low on a week?

Must be one of the biggest budgets in the League.

24 minutes ago, clansman said:

You are wrong we don't. 

I know the requirement is a doctor. 

Now why don't you go back to pissing in from the outside on your own clubs thread.

You’ve hit the nail on the head. He knows everything on every club in every division. And just bad mouths everybody. Just a twat. Because nobody tells him anything any more he just makes it up. At least other people are now realising he’s just poison.

6 minutes ago, andy25 said:

How much was spent on Truesdale,Graham and Collins?

How much are Little and Low on a week?

Must be one of the biggest budgets in the League.

All those figures seem to be public on here at some point, even though they are way off the mark. Nobody is at Clydebank for the money, that is a fact.

I’m confident that our budget wouldn’t come in the top six in this league.

1 minute ago, not man of the match said:

All those figures seem to be public on here at some point, even though they are way off the mark. Nobody is at Clydebank for the money, that is a fact.

I’m confident that our budget wouldn’t come in the top six in this league.

🤣

2 minutes ago, GIRUU said:

You’ve hit the nail on the head. He knows everything on every club in every division. And just bad mouths everybody. Just a twat. Because nobody tells him anything any more he just makes it up. At least other people are now realising he’s just poison.

Darvel are irrelevant long term as they’ll just tumble down the leagues once the plug is pulled.The wages that Leishman,Moore,Syme and the likes are on are mental.

Clubs like St Cadocs and Gartcairn are spending ridiculous money on players which is completely unsustainable given nobody is remotely interested in going to watch them.

Talbot assistant manager gloating  about signing Wardrope after we’d expressed an interest would tell you how much Talbot are spending too.

Clydebank budget won’t be in the top 6 and unlike Pollok it’s a sustainable one.

17 minutes ago, GIRUU said:

It's not hard to work out Rhubarb is neither a Darvel fan or someone who know much about the game.  He trolls based on what he reads here, or twitter and watches on clips. He's almost certainly been here before under various different guises.

Edited by Burnieman