WoSFL Premier Division thread

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Their keeper was excellent, three outstanding saves in the second half and Gallagher hitting the cross bar stopped us from a few more.

Aye, we were well on top 2nd half but Darvel still had chances

41 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

Good three points from an impressive Darvel side. I’d be surprised if they don’t start picking up points.  

The lad Allan did lose the plot a bit at the end!

Watched the highlights, low ball across the goals Leishman too slow to go down, overall poor defending. 

Lucky with Freekick however had another couple of chances should have done better with so overall (based on highlights) fair result. 

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Just looked at tonight's fixtures there. Six games which are all very intriguing. Some league that.

I have a feeling Largs could stop Drumchapel's momentum, difficult place to go to. 

Beith are due to have a good performance don't think they are as bad as score suggest, they have had a good record against Talbot recently.

Bens v Shotts is a tricky one, I would be favouring Shots, well organised perhaps unlucky. 

St Cadocs, Cumnock, JB for the victories tonight.

On 12/08/2024 at 02:14, GordonS said:

I watched Beith lose to Bo'ness Athletic in the big Scottish Cup on Friday night and I can assure you, the standard in the Lowland League is not lower. I don't know what their squads are like this season but last season EK and Cumbernauld Colts were much better than what I saw on Friday.

Last season Broomhill put Beith out the Scottish Cup, 3-1 at Bellsdale Park, and then beat Cumnock 3-0 at Townhead Park. Darvel lost 3-0 at Bo'ness Utd. Talbot lost 1-0 at tier 7 St Andrew's. Kilwinning lost at home to Cowdenbeath. Aye, rubbish standard. 

Anyone without an Ailsa Craig-sized chip on their shoulder knows that, because the old Juniors came to the party late, the Lowland League has some clubs of a lower standard. That number reduces every season and having seen Gretna on Saturday (it was a great trip and I've no idea why you'd disparage them) I know there's certainly no dross in it this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the SPFL 4 getting pulled into the relegation fight. 

Stick with it for a few more seasons and everyone will find their level. 

I've got news for you chum.  Bo'ness Athletic ARE NOT a Lowland League club. They play in the East of Scotland League First Division (tier 7, one level BELOW Beith!)

It's Bo'ness United that play in the Lowland League, and clubs from that level don't enter the "big Scottish" Cup till Round 1, 2 rounds later than the match you watched!

10 minutes ago, archieb said:

I've got news for you chum.  Bo'ness Athletic ARE NOT a Lowland League club. They play in the East of Scotland League First Division (tier 7, one level BELOW Beith!)

It's Bo'ness United that play in the Lowland League, and clubs from that level don't enter the "big Scottish" Cup till Round 1, 2 rounds later than the match you watched!

I don't think any of that's news to him.