WoSFL Premier Division thread

7 minutes ago, energyzone said:

Perhaps the clue is in the name, but if East Stirlingshire were to fall through the Lowland League trapdoor would they go to the EOS League?  And if that happened and a West team was to win the play off and be promoted, would that result in 4 teams being promoted from each of the leagues below in the WOSFL?

Yes

15 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Another very good result for Largs. Sticking around within striking distance of the top of the league. 

They've been hard to beat for years but now seem to be turning in some good results and winning consistently.

7 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I can see why you're looking to cheer yourself up as both of your teams are more horrible than usual this season.

He don't understand Largs have been a hard game for many a teams over the years  especially at home they can beat anyone i wouldn't be surprised if they keep going the way they are they will challenge for the league in a few years 

1 minute ago, allyg1977 said:

He don't understand Largs have been a hard game for many a teams over the years  especially at home they can beat anyone i wouldn't be surprised if they keep going the way they are they will challenge for the league in a few years 

Yep they are a tough well organised and dangerous team who have been quietly putting together a really good sequence of results.

2 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Yep they are a tough well organised and dangerous team who have been quietly putting together a really good sequence of results.

I haven't checked but Talbot and Largs probably had best run ins ( last 10 or so ) last season. 

3 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I haven't checked but Talbot and Largs probably had best run ins ( last 10 or so ) last season. 

Talbot's wheels came off a bit with about 6 games left so Largs probably finished strongest over the last 10. 

47 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I can see why you're looking to cheer yourself up as both of your teams are more horrible than usual this season.

😂😂😂😂😂 a would have posted a tounge in cheek comment regardless of glens score. Rangers haven't played yet and my other team are top of the league in England 👍

25 minutes ago, ATFC said:

Talbot's wheels came off a bit with about 6 games left so Largs probably finished strongest over the last 10. 

I think, since the start of 2024, in the league the only teams to beat them are Pollok, St Cadocs and Beith (x2). 
Played 17 from last season and 9 this, so over 26 games. That in a normal season would be title winning form. 

4 minutes ago, GLENAFTON_LOYAL said:

😂😂😂😂😂 a would have posted a tounge in cheek comment regardless of glens score. Rangers haven't played yet and my other team are top of the league in England 👍

Ah, a triple scarf eh? And the number of matches you've attended to support all three of those is?

2 minutes ago, superpollok said:

I think, since the start of 2024, in the league the only teams to beat them are Pollok, St Cadocs and Beith (x2). 
Played 17 from last season and 9 this, so over 26 games. That in a normal season would be title winning form. 

None of these teams have beat Talbot in the League in 2024 .

2 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Over last 10 of last season they W 8 D 1 L 1

They would've been Champs if it had been over last 10. Pollok were 6 1 3 and would've finished 2nd. Beith 3rd. 

Poor old Medda picked up just 2 points and Rabs 8. Team that were a rad unlucky with a decent late run were Arthurlie ... 16 points from last 10 of last season.