WoSFL Premier Division thread

Just now, jimbaxters said:

This was covered. 

Anyway, I agree re the Junior cup. It should be midweek where possible. You need to bear in mind that the LL, your soon to be new home has loads of midweek league games too.

hopefully it will be our new home, but hopefully if it is then it will be Talbots soon after. 

4 hours ago, Casper Wilson said:

It's been stated in here before that @Kennie doesn't have the power to bring forward games they way he used to and that's by the orders of the WoSFL Board. I wonder who's in charge of that? Perhaps you could ask him why everyone's to suffer to pay your massive wages.

Oh wait a minute.

No it was voted for by the clubs so WoSFL board is following the clubs directions and when I was told it was passed on in a manner that suggested it wasn't something we had voted for.

If the South Challenge Cup was optional why were Gartcairn the only withdrawal which they did before the AGM that passed the motion. 

It has been suggested the motion was passed too late for this year. So was it as Alex  had decided not to take part he was too proud to back down on his own failed agenda

Edited by clansman

20 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Any news on what form of punishment is going to be handed out to Gartcairn.

I personally have voiced support for Gartcairn in here; but their withdrawal from the SRCC and their derogatory comments about it deserve whatever is forthcoming their way.

Nothing will happen.

20 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Any news on what form of punishment is going to be handed out to Gartcairn.

I personally have voiced support for Gartcairn in here; but their withdrawal from the SRCC and their derogatory comments about it deserve whatever is forthcoming their way.

They'll probably be barred from next seasons edition which will suit the club just fine

35 minutes ago, Eadie is God said:

Thought Beith didn’t spend big money 😂

I personally love the banter on here but at times Eadie just takes it a step beyond. 

Out of boredom I decided to educate myself on why "Eadie is God" and low and behold he is - scoring 149 goals in 276 appearances for the Bankies - before joining................. Airdrie.

No malice intended and hopefully the forthcoming double headers between Broxburn against Talbot and Clydebank will confirm that the West Premier is at the very least, currently on a par with the tier above.

15 minutes ago, Vuvuzela said:

I personally love the banter on here but at times Eadie just takes it a step beyond. 

Out of boredom I decided to educate myself on why "Eadie is God" and low and behold he is - scoring 149 goals in 276 appearances for the Bankies - before joining................. Airdrie.

No malice intended and hopefully the forthcoming double headers between Broxburn against Talbot and Clydebank will confirm that the West Premier is at the very least, currently on a par with the tier above.

He was done when he went to them.

38 minutes ago, Vuvuzela said:

If you really wanted to educate yourself you could've tried https://clydebankfc.co.uk/player.php?id=210 instead of Google / Wiki. 

As far as taking things a bit far then there others to look at asides from EIG. 

Edited by BANKIEBILL

7 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

If you really wanted to educate yourself you could've tried https://clydebankfc.co.uk/player.php?id=210 instead of Google / Wiki. 

As far as taking things a bit far then there others to look at asides from EIG. 

Thanks for the education, that is a seriously good scoring record at any level.

I won't open another can of worms by discussing the transfer fee. 😄😄😄

Is there any hope of catching Clydebank? As mentioned before, they usually go through a bad spell and it looks like it's going to take similar this year to give others a chance. They seem to be grinding out results but feel sure there's a good chance of a few teams in this league giving them a game. 

8 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Is there any hope of catching Clydebank? As mentioned before, they usually go through a bad spell and it looks like it's going to take similar this year to give others a chance. They seem to be grinding out results but feel sure there's a good chance of a few teams in this league giving them a game. 

They definitely are stronger than previous seasons when it’s went wrong. Bringing a few ex Talbot players who know how to win will have helped. 
So far maximum points despite 5 away from 8 games. 

If there is going to be a bump in the road then Largs and Talbot in their next games is possibly it, however if they come through that with 4 or more points then it’s hard to see anyone stopping them. Looking likely we will have the first promotion from the WoS league, and for the investment made by the Clydebank board then it’s probably the least they expect. 

In short, No, i dont think there is

All comes down to the chasing pack for me

My pick for the title - Talbot - even at this stage at least 9 points back, and dropping silly points in draws, just arent showing signs of the sustained run they would need - the game coming up against Clydebank would be huge, though is a Scottish cup weekend, so "possible" wont go ahead until later in the season

Drumchapel - started well, but have a tougher run of league games coming up, and can see them dropping a few more

Beith - Just arent at it this season, Graham is a decent signing, but i cant see him giving them what Diver did

St Cadocs - Horrendous start - no sign of real championship quality

Johnstone Burgh - flatter to deceive - collection of great players, but a long way off a "team"

Largs - all credit to them, having a great season, but again, cant see them lasting the pace over the full season

Edited by KirkyRobRoy