WoSFL Premier Division thread

17 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Cages, groundshares all things that shouldn't be allowed at this level. No need for them, have your own ground or be restricted to below the west/east etc...premier league. Should be allowed in west prem up. 

Do you agree with my other points on restructuring? You seem far more in favour of the LL than most. 

That will be Inter & AC, Roma & Lazio Fkt then if they ever want to join the WOSFL ... 

11 minutes ago, DanMan said:

That will be Inter & AC, Roma & Lazio Fkt then if they ever want to join the WOSFL ... 

I would say so, travel will be too much!

The San Siro isn't an agruement to justify ground sharing. 

What would the limit of teams sharing 1 ground be? Who take priority? How long does the team need to have an agreement in place for?

Let's take St Cadocs, surely they need to show the league we have a home pitch for x amount of seasons? Can Benburb turn around at end of season and say thanks for you hires this season, we aren't interested next season due to for example their own youth teams needing to play there. What happens then? Do they need to search around for a new compliant ground?

42 minutes ago, DanMan said:

Not for much longer 😔

Also, that trope is a calling card of a moron when it comes to justifying ground shares. Comparing apples with tatties.

Edited by jimbaxters

1 hour ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Speaking to a Bo'ness committee man at work couple weeks back, he said the LL was the worst thing to happen to them, trying to attract/retain players is very difficult. Frequent mid week games all over the place means it is almost impossible for a lot of players to play. 

I wouldn't agree with it being the worst thing to ever happen to us, in the long-term I'll be pleased we got promoted. At the beginning I would also say it wasn't a very attractive league to play in but now it's added the likes of Linlithgow, Tranent, Albion it's been much more enjoyable. Teams with interesting grounds and a proper following.

As everyone says once you flush out all these B Team sympathisers with two men and a dog for the fanbase and add the likes of the WOS big boys, Broxburn/Dunbar/Musselburgh or whoever from EOS, plus the addition of Clyde/Stranraer if they get relegated in the future. Then I would argue it would be the most exciting league in Scottish Football.

2 hours ago, rhubarb1974 said:

East Kilbride

Cumbernauld Colts just rent a ground

Hearts B just ground share with Whitehill - non competitive team

Celtic B just ground share with Airdrie - non competitive team

University of Stirling

Caley Braves

Gretna 

Edinburgh Uni 

Gala fairydean

Broomhill just rent a ground. 

This is just a mishmash list that makes no sense in the real world !! No way is this a list of teams who play in cages.

It has a small number of accurate info, total fabrications, prejudice against teams who share and also prejudice against plastic pitches.

Gala, Gretna and Edinburgh uni not a cage in sight

University of Stirling share with Stirling Albion & Cumbernald colts - they both rent 

Against the B teams - I get that prejudice but again, not a cage in sight

I think this is simply spewing false  bile for the sake of trying to make a point -

I have no issue with that -  if facts were used !!!

Looks like Boness have had eight midweek fixture between start of August and scheduled end in April. 

They had two in December but none in January and one a month the rest. 

No idea why people keep greeting about the LL.

The Juniors had the chance to boss the LL on Day One and blew because of one man and his pals.

Kelty in the East and Clydebank latterly in the West blew the Juniors wide open.

One man and we all know who it was, did a King Canute for years trying to hold back the pyramid.

All that hold up for a few quid of an honorarium. 

38 minutes ago, clansman said:

Looks like Boness have had eight midweek fixture between start of August and scheduled end in April. 

They had two in December but none in January and one a month the rest. 

Bo'ness have a cup game tonight at the K Park in East Kilbride.

1 hour ago, VodkaTap said:

This is just a mishmash list that makes no sense in the real world !! No way is this a list of teams who play in cages.

It has a small number of accurate info, total fabrications, prejudice against teams who share and also prejudice against plastic pitches.

Gala, Gretna and Edinburgh uni not a cage in sight

University of Stirling share with Stirling Albion & Cumbernald colts - they both rent 

Against the B teams - I get that prejudice but again, not a cage in sight

I think this is simply spewing false  bile for the sake of trying to make a point -

I have no issue with that -  if facts were used !!!

Do you think ground sharing is good? If so why, and what limits do you place on it?

Do you think 3G surfaces are good? If so why a top flights leagues against them i.e. England, Spain, Italy etc...

I put Gretna down 100% as a cage type pitch. 

2 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

The Juniors had the chance to boss the LL on Day One and blew because of one man and his pals.

Kelty in the East and Clydebank latterly in the West blew the Juniors wide open.

One man and we all know who it was, did a King Canute for years trying to hold back the pyramid.

Kelty have lost their backer, so interesting to see how long they maintain their level for. 

Clydebank have a belief they are a superior club to what they are, bear in mind they have won nothing. 

The restructuring has been a failure this far. That may change in years to come however to date it has been a mess, 

2 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Do you think ground sharing is good? If so why, and what limits do you place on it?

Do you think 3G surfaces are good? If so why a top flights leagues against them i.e. England, Spain, Italy etc...

I went down to Raydale for a friendly a few years ago and it was a class set up imo. Good view from the big stand behind the goal, properly old school and close to the action in the wee main stand. Terrific pies, lovely folk. I really enjoyed it and wouldn't have it down as a cage style ground at all, despite it being an astro and a community hub. 

It was more like Clydebank. Albeit with about a quarter of the support.

5 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Bo'ness have a cup game tonight at the K Park in East Kilbride.

That would be the March one.

If they win they might have to add another in. 

34 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Groundsharing ?- don't really have a problem with it. There are plenty of examples of where it has worked without too much of an issue. Certainly none that couldn't be overcome with a bit of goodwill on both sides.

I can't believe you are seriously comparing what is suitable for the top flight leagues around the world with what clubs deem suitable for the fifth, sixth and lower tiers of Scottish football.

To consider both Gala & Gretna as cage type grounds simply because they have a 4G or 3G pitch is not living in the real world.

Edited by VodkaTap

Purely from a personal viewpoint.

Reasons for promotion: Progression of club, Football and players of a higher level, More exciting matches, Bigger crowds and more income to help club grow

Don't have anywhere near enough knowledge of Lowland League to comment properly but my main concern would be promotion to LL would result in lower crowds, less money coming in and increased costs (travel 100% a lot more in costs and time, unless a Glasgow based club in current set-up, East Ayrshire a bigger increase than North Ayrshire) and less fans following you away from home. If you have the ambition to go to League 2 and beyond then that could be worthwhile to suffer in short term.

The big fish in little pond shout is so common but most fans want to see their team winning most weeks with a chance of winning a trophy and most Prem teams are capable of that in the WOSFL. For my team, would I love to see my team progress into league football - 100% but without serious new investment I don't think it would be sustainable for a lot of clubs our size and we'd all find our level again, never mind the potentially increased new licensing requirements.

The make up of the LL is the West club's own fault no doubt about it, I remember the original letters coming in to clubs about it but it is less appealing currently. A LL with Bankies, Talbot, Pollok, Linlithgow, Bo'ness etc sounds far more appealing but the first clubs will be the ones to potentially suffer financially.

41 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Clydebank pushed for the LL believing they would progress there with only a handful of other clubs that had ideas away above their actual ability, like the Buffs and Glencairn for example. The rest of the West Juniors following on blew their hopes out of the water. Now look at them.

Clydebank, still where they were. Buffs relegated down a tier. Glencairn relegated down a tier and heading for another relegation if they're not careful.

That's why Clydebank hate the Juniors so much. The Juniors f#cked their chances of stardom.

Just now, Casper Wilson said:

Clydebank pushed for the LL believing they would progress there with only a handful of other clubs that had ideas away above their actual ability, like the Buffs and Glencairn for example. The rest of the West Juniors following on blew their hopes out of the water. Now look at them.

Clydebank, still where they were. Buffs relegated down a tier. Glencairn relegated down a tier and heading for another relegation if they're not careful.

That's why Clydebank hate the Juniors so much. The Juniors f#cked their chances of stardom.

Bizarre post, and massively inccurate.

Glencairn had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the formation of the Lowland League.

And we are in absolutely no danger whatsoever of relegation this season. We are twice as far away from the relegation zone (12 points) in terms of points as we are from the promotion spots (6 points), and we have multiple games in hand over the teams currently occupying the relegation spots.

12 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Bizarre post, and massively inccurate.

Glencairn had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the formation of the Lowland League.

And we are in absolutely no danger whatsoever of relegation this season. We are twice as far away from the relegation zone (12 points) in terms of points as we are from the promotion spots (6 points), and we have multiple games in hand over the teams currently occupying the relegation spots.

6 minutes ago, clansman said:

Clydebank had nothing to do with the formation of the Lowland League either. 

Truth hurting?