Eagles
Pink Floyd
Status Quo
Fleetwood Mac

Shite:
Bowie
Queen
U2

And before anyone asks I'm 25, not 65. All bands on the list are considerably better than today's shite.

4 hours ago, Empty It said:
4 hours ago, trainspotter said:
^^^ Alan Partridge
(I should admit, however, that I have seen 3 of the above 4 live)

None of the above are my genre of music really, more of a Black Sabbath or Iron Maiden type of guy. Now that would've been some Live Aid.

Black Sabbath did perform at Live Aid!

20 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

It could have been worse  though...I believe the reason Sascha Baron Cohen left the project was due to Brian May's lunatic early insistence that the only interesting member of the band should be killed off halfway through the film, and the rest of it should be about their thrill-free subsequent re-emergence as their own tribute band post-Freddie.

I've read that he also thought it skirted over too much of Mercury's private life, particularly his sexuality and it was pointless making the movie if it didn't cover that side of things in detail.

Not a huge Queen fan but Mercury was an astounding front man.

11 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Fantastic day, highlights for me we’re Qou and first time hearing George Thorogood with Albert Collins ( the master of the telecaster)

A lot of people don't realise that Bo Diddley also played at Live Aid, appearing during the opening song of George Thorogood's set.  It was only broadcast in Norway and Germany for some reason but thanks to the wonders of YouTube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXMgx92muQo

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

I've read that he also thought it skirted over too much of Mercury's private life, particularly his sexuality and it was pointless making the movie if it didn't cover that side of things in detail.

Not a huge Queen fan but Mercury was an astounding front man.

You know, that was maybe the saddest thing about that film, the fact that although Mercury was comfortable with his sexuality it appears that the rest of the band might not have been going by the way they allowed it to be portrayed . The whole project came across as being a bit of airbrushed legacy building by a band nervous of presenting anything that showed them in a negative light.

Compare and contrast The Dirt - the near contemporaneous biopic of Motley Crue - which is never going to win any awards, but knocked Bohemian Rhapsody into a cocked hat on two counts; firstly by being a reasonably honest portrayal of a shower of scumbags who aren't bothered in the slightest about anyone's opinion of them, and secondly being for the most part screamingly funny.

The dirt is a great film.

Bob is a c**t.

George Michael is a hero.

Annabel Giles what a blast from the past and still a wid.

Queen are over rated as f**k and would have been nothing without big Fred.

Queen are shite. @The Moonster. Read this and know that I know the difference between "Queen are shite" and "I don't like Queen but actually Queen are very talented individually and collectively and if people don't like them they need to know it's just personal taste not an objective judgement of them as musicians and people"

Queen are shite.

5 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Queen are shite. @The Moonster. Read this and know that I know the difference between "Queen are shite" and "I don't like Queen but actually Queen are very talented individually and collectively and if people don't like them they need to know it's just personal taste not an objective judgement of them as musicians and people"

Queen are shite.

I will not read this.

9 hours ago, Empty It said:

Decent:
Eagles
Pink Floyd
Status Quo
Fleetwood Mac

Shite:
Bowie
Queen
U2

And before anyone asks I'm 25, not 65. All bands on the list are considerably better than today's shite.

Almost 100% incorrect. Impressive. 

46 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

No, they were shite. Ozzy Osbourne was done by then.

So much so that he went on to release 9 solo albums (including 4 in 9 years) and one with Black Sabbath.