Czech Republic v Scotland

IMG_20200907_182824.thumb.jpg.aa536d8e96276a7339a511c2a711e518.jpg

Dobrý team from Czech. 

Only two players in that team (Malinsky & Pesek) haven't played European or international football.  Quite far removed from the children and staff members some folk thought we would be playing.  

Edited by itzdrk

8 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

image.png.6572b0c64e0858a7315c707be726ec59.png

Imagine it'll be closer to 4-5-1 than 4-3-3 but can't see any other way it can be different from this. Unless McTominay is a centre back with Robertson and Palmer wide in a 3-4-3, but no one is going to be stupid enough to do that surely.

McLean getting a start while McGinn sits on the bench is wild and you'd think he might actually give Tierney a game at centre back in a two, but otherwise the XI is fine.

Irrespective of what team plays it's all about the tempo, the press and the will to win, unfortunately we had nothing in those departments on Friday night. We need to start at a fast pace, show urgency and come out and put them to the sword, otherwise it will end up another tippy tappy bore fest with possession stats heavily in our favour but their keeper not having a save to make.

If the players want Clarke to continue as Manager, then they need to go out tonight and prove it to us against a side that we should be putting at least three past.

It wouldn't be my first choice side, however at least we look to have a shape tonight with players playing more familiar positions, so really there can be no excuses.

As an aside,  I thought Armstrong made a bit of a difference when he came on as he at least showed some desire, urgency and a willingness to actually attack people, so hopefully he'll be the same tonight and it will rub off on a few of his compatriots.

6 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

This in spades.

That trio is pedestrian. Looks like Armstrong and Christie will need to drop deep to get any service.

There’s no verve, pace or flair in that team. 

Surely a huge amount of pressure on our full backs to create width?

I’m assuming this is some sort of 4-3-3? Not that there are any wingers, so perhaps it is 3-4-2-1? f**k knows.

I’m terrified we’re about to meekly surrender to a team of no marks.

I, like most, thought Cooper was utter shite, but watching him last season under Bielsa he looked much more composed. Not sure how much of that was playing alongside Ben White, but it bodes well.

8 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Wow he’s actually benched our second best player

If we can't beat a collection of mediocre Czech league players and u21's with that side, then we've got serious problems. It also wont reflect very well on the English Premiership / championship either, since the majority of our side is sourced from there.

No disrespect intended to the Czechs but taking into account they won't have played / trained together and just been drafted in at the last minute, then seriously, there's really no excuses for us here.

I think that's a bit of a kick in the teeth for Tierney. He finished the season magnificently and was one of our best players the other night.  Hopefully he gets off the bench. 

I think as a manager you should be mindful of how your actions can affect players, so for example you should reward a player when they do well. That's the opposite of what is happening to Tierney here.