Czech Republic v Scotland

6 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Imagine if the Czechs decided to do a no show after UEFA said the game is on.

The match officials and Scotland turn up and are out on the pitch but no Czech Republic. 

A repeat of Estonia v Scotland in 1996 history can not repeat itself surely.

Scotland would still manage to lose.

If we do well in the Nations League what are the benefits this year?
Last year the obvious benefit was a shot at a play-off place for Euro2020. What is the prize this year?

There's 2 World Cup play off places up for grabs for best placed Nations League winners outside of those who gain qualification either by winning their World Cup Qualifying group or gaining a play off place through that.

And considering we are in League B, it's a possibility.

So it’s massively important.

35 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

If we do well in the Nations League what are the benefits this year?

Last year the obvious benefit was a shot at a play-off place for Euro2020. What is the prize this year?

Promotion to league A for the next round would more or less guarantee us a playoff place for Euro2024.

1 hour ago, charger29 said:

Interview with Czech FA chairman:

Q: How will you deal with it? Is it possible to deploy a team under the age of 21 and postpone its Monday match with Croatia? Or deploy, for example, the Sigma Olomouc league team, which would play at the home stadium?

A: You're probably basically thinking in the right directions, but everything is going well now, now that we're talking, I can't tell you what other obstacles we'll run into. We are dealing with the request.

...It is certain we cannot use any of those who were in Bratislava, including coaches.

Edit: Don't know if the Croatia bit was just a mistake but looks like they coulf try to take the whole Sigma Olomouc team.

Are we going to effectively be playing the St Johnstone of the Czech Republic, with barely a cap between them?

Losing to the side would be the most Scotland thing that has ever happened.

Are we going to effectively be playing the St Johnstone of the Czech Republic, with barely a cap between them?

Losing to the side would be the most Scotland thing that has ever happened.

It's probably the best option for them. Either that, a youth team or an almost random selection from multiple smaller clubs who've never played/trained together.

5 minutes ago, charger29 said:

It's probably the best option for them. Either that, a youth team or an almost random selection from multiple smaller clubs who've never played/trained together.

Didn’t the Danes have to do something a few years back? Capped a bunch of semi-professional players because of a contract dispute?

I’m sure they lost 3-0 against a middle-level nation.

I’m expecting us to play a second string Czech side of some sort 

Didn’t the Danes have to do something a few years back? Capped a bunch of semi-professional players because of a contract dispute? I’m sure they lost 3-0 against a middle-level nation.

I’m expecting us to play a second string Czech side of some sort 

Apparently the Czech Under 20 game meant to be played today is cancelled now as they might be a large part of the squad. As said above though, its all just guesswork just now.

Fucking nightmare trying to translate.

Has there been a historic issue between Slavia and the Czech FA? I went to a Slavia game a few years ago and the game was delayed part way through it due to fans protesting the FA. The team captain came into the crowd to calm things so the game could be played out with Slavia being 3-0 up. I think it was against Sigma funnily enough. Seems tensions are always high between Slavia and the Czech FA