Ross County v Motherwell 03/08/20

I think the best Vigurs goal was his one at Firhill during the First Division title winning season. From memory he chested it down and then half-volleyed it into the top corner (and I've found the highlights: https://vimeo.com/255292896).

As for this game, I'm not feeling too confident. The thought of having Fontaine starting, and two of Draper/Vigurs in a midfield three, fills me with absolute terror. A draw would be a good start to the season. 

For once I'm really satisfied with our squad on paper, we seem to have a lot of options in most positions. The only area I'm a bit unsure about is defence. I know Donnelly was playing but we looked proper leaky against Rangers. I'm interested to see who the preferred backline is. I'm not really sure Lamie is a first choice centre back but we shall see what happens.

If Turnbull is up to speed I want him playing. It's shite on him and that but Turnbull is a much better player than Polworth. Get him in from the start please.

I've always rated Michael Gardyne so I'm hoping our full backs are on their game. Don't fancy another Grimmy/McGinlay horror show.

It's obviously still pure pish but I'm looking forward to getting some type of football back. The 5 subs thing is going to be weird, going to be interesting to see how much this impacts matches.

35 minutes ago, Luke92 said:

For once I'm really satisfied with our squad on paper, we seem to have a lot of options in most positions. The only area I'm a bit unsure about is defence. I know Donnelly was playing but we looked proper leaky against Rangers. I'm interested to see who the preferred backline is. I'm not really sure Lamie is a first choice centre back but we shall see what happens.

If Turnbull is up to speed I want him playing. It's shite on him and that but Turnbull is a much better player than Polworth. Get him in from the start please.

I've always rated Michael Gardyne so I'm hoping our full backs are on their game. Don't fancy another Grimmy/McGinlay horror show.

It's obviously still pure pish but I'm looking forward to getting some type of football back. The 5 subs thing is going to be weird, going to be interesting to see how much this impacts matches.

We’re actually in a pretty good place to take advantage, our bench should be pretty strong baring  injuries.

12 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

He’s one of my all time favourite County players.  There are goals they score which wouldn’t even be chances were he not playing.  Those through balls to Schalk/McKay were/are a thing of beauty.  

Schalk and Vigurs together? Could have been a thing of beauty right enough but don't think it ever happened?

3 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I keep expecting Schalk to turn up at ICT for 6 months, before going back to County.

Schalk had an injury recently but he's generally done pretty well with Servette in Switzerland, I'd be surprised if he returned tbh. 

Servette finished 4th and qualified for Europe. 

6 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I keep expecting Schalk to turn up at ICT for 6 months, before going back to County.

Europa League or County? Much as I loved wee Alex we've no hope getting him back.

21 hours ago, AndyX said:

Schalk and Vigurs together? Could have been a thing of beauty right enough but don't think it ever happened?

Correct, Schalk was away before Vigurs signed, and arrived after Vigurs went to Motherwell.

20 minutes ago, Loki said:

Correct, Schalk was away before Vigurs signed, and arrived after Vigurs went to Motherwell.

Maybe we just find it hard it to believe that it was Martin Woods spraying some of these passes to Schalk.

2 minutes ago, AndyX said:

Maybe we just find it hard it to believe that it was Martin Woods spraying some of these passes to Schalk.

Why did you have to mention him right before bed time?  

2 hours ago, AndyX said:

Woods was such a frustrating player. Every now and again, a wee bit of quality in between umpteen crap free kicks, petulant fouls, the inability to press or show any sign of footballing sense.