OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

3 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:

Maybe I’m just forgetting what it’s like to be in my early twenties, but I just can’t imagine organising or agreeing to invite some lassie over (prostitute?) to have sex with four of us. Takes all sorts, I suppose. Was at least relieved to read the word “consensual”, but still. 🙄

30 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Seems Walker's move to Bradford may only be a loan until the summer - would have been good for him to get a longer deal. 

If Walker and Nando are moving on, we must surely be confident of bringing in one or two attacking players?

The way I read it is a loan until the end of the season with them taking on some of his wages, then permanent in the summer option. As his contract with us expires in the summer, he’s gone now in essence. Might be reading it wrong though.

Agree about Walker. You’d have to imagine that he and Gnando are away now so that we can use their wages to procure the Japanese lad we are still trying to get, or the plan B player if he doesn’t come. I think we are trying to bring in him and another striker. Not basing that on any in the know info, just piecing together news reports and comments online.

The club have distanced themselves from having an interest in Stewart Findlay, and (again just my guesswork) we aren’t looking to replace Souttar this window, unless it’s with a player already at the club. I think we will keep Souttar until his contract expires, unless an offer comes in that is too good to refuse. I think all of our efforts are on getting Halkett and Kingsley re-signed, and bringing in two forwards, one of which will be an out and out centreforward, and the other someone in the mould of the Japanese lad (apologies for continually referring to him as that, but I can’t remember how to spell his name.) 🙁

4 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

The way I read it is a loan until the end of the season with them taking on some of his wages, then permanent in the summer option. As his contract with us expires in the summer, he’s gone now in essence. Might be reading it wrong though.

Agree about Walker. You’d have to imagine that he and Gnando are away now so that we can use their wages to procure the Japanese lad we are still trying to get, or the plan B player if he doesn’t come. I think we are trying to bring in him and another striker. Not basing that on any in the know info, just piecing together news reports and comments online.

The club have distanced themselves from having an interest in Stewart Findlay, and (again just my guesswork) we aren’t looking to replace Souttar this window, unless it’s with a player already at the club. I think we will keep Souttar until his contract expires, unless an offer comes in that is too good to refuse. I think all of our efforts are on getting Halkett and Kingsley re-signed, and bringing in two forwards, one of which will be an out and out centreforward, and the other someone in the mould of the Japanese lad (apologies for continually referring to him as that, but I can’t remember how to spell his name.) 🙁

I think I read that that the Japanese lad is getting a call-up to the international squad, which could lessen our chances of getting him.

See Halkett has agreed a deal to stay on - need to tie Kingsley up as well.

If Souttar goes, we'd have Halkett, Kingsley, Moore, Smith, Cochrane, and maybe Haring and even Halliday to plug the gap.

3 hours ago, paranoid android said:

I think I read that that the Japanese lad is getting a call-up to the international squad, which could lessen our chances of getting him.

If Souttar goes, we'd have Halkett, Kingsley, Moore, Smith, Cochrane, and maybe Haring and even Halliday to plug the gap.

The Japanese lad is clearly our preferred target for the forward positions. I hope we get him, but aye, his club have just let someone else leave apparently, and look likely to hold on to him until the summer. Hopefully we can strike a deal now.

Halks is great news imo. Pleased about that. 

Agreed. Don’t see a centrehalf as a priority now; unless Kingsley leaves in this window.

5 hours ago, paranoid android said:

The call-up happened several weeks ago and the games have since been cancelled, so it's not happening anymore. I think it was a squad entirely composed of home-based players so it wasn't their first team either.

Ultimately there's not much we can do if his current club doesn't want to sell. Hopefully this doesn't go the same way as the Elijah Adebayo deal last January (waste time negotiating with a club which doesn't want to sell, end up with Gnanduillet instead).

Kingsley signing on is fantastic news, as well as the Halkett and Gordon deals. Would like to see Haring get another year or 2, and another year for Smith. Just hope this Souttar shite is confirmed soon.

What I like about it is we're building from the back which further solidifies that this team is only going to get better. Another player or 2 this month and I'll be delighted.

Did anyone else listen to the Scarves Around the Funnel podcast, and find it strange that Neilson didn't think it was a certainty that Souttar wouldn't be here beyond the summer. I was expecting him to say something along the lines of 'it's no great secret that he has options, and we just need to confirm when he moves on and where', or words to that effect. Now I know that what Neilson says to the press, and what he is really thinking are often poles apart, but I did fond that one a bit odd. Maybe just me. I think I'm the same as everyone else, in having already accepted that he was he gone. Maybe it just reinforces our position of not wanting to let him go before his contract runs out, unless there's decent money in it for us? As I said, I've already accepted he's gone, but just found it a little odd.

14 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Did anyone else listen to the Scarves Around the Funnel podcast, and find it strange that Neilson didn't think it was a certainty that Souttar wouldn't be here beyond the summer. I was expecting him to say something along the lines of 'it's no great secret that he has options, and we just need to confirm when he moves on and where', or words to that effect. Now I know that what Neilson says to the press, and what he is really thinking are often poles apart, but I did fond that one a bit odd. Maybe just me. I think I'm the same as everyone else, in having already accepted that he was he gone. Maybe it just reinforces our position of not wanting to let him go before his contract runs out, unless there's decent money in it for us? As I said, I've already accepted he's gone, but just found it a little odd.

I didn't hear the podcast but Souttar's situation does seem to be dragging on. Maybe he's having second thoughts about leaving, unlikely but not impossible. 

5 minutes ago, Austin McCann said:

I didn't hear the podcast but Souttar's situation does seem to be dragging on. Maybe he's having second thoughts about leaving, unlikely but not impossible. 

I'd basically given up any chance of him seeing us right as soon as he appointed that wee dick McNamara. Souttar's interview with the EEN where he mentioned "in an ideal world" when referring to making sure HMFC were covered by an extension sealed it for me. Since then I've just accepted that he was gone. Listening to Neilson's comments just totally took me by surprise though. I suppose since I've just accepted he was gone for so long, it struck me as odd that the manager who sees him most days and speaks to him about his role at the club and his aspirations didn't seem to be on the same page. 🤷‍♂️

Can't see any possibility of Souttar staying beyond the summer when his wee brother is telling him he's earning much more cash down south.

If he signs a pre-contract with whoever, the question for Neilson is whether to play Souttar.

For me, he plays for as long as we're paying his wages, and is playing well.

I'm actually not bothered where he goes, even it it's Ibrox.

10 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Can't see any possibility of Souttar staying beyond the summer when his wee brother is telling him he's earning much more cash down south.

If he signs a pre-contract with whoever, the question for Neilson is whether to play Souttar.

My brother is earning more money down south and it's a little bit annoying

6 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Aye it's highly unlikely.

If it is Ibrox he's heading to then i would rather Hearts held on to him until the summer rather than take a shitey wee fee, even if that means him sitting in the stand for the next few months. With his injury history i'm not sure how commited he'd be for the rest of the season.

11 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Oh, I still think he's gone. I'm just tossing it in there for discussion, as it struck me as a bit odd.

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

My brother is earning more money down south and it's a little bit annoying

😄