OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

This is basically where I’m at too. I’m reasonably confident we will carry on and get over the line in 3rd place. I base that on Neilson’s historical performances as Hearts manager in this division. I also think Savage and his team have given Neilson the tools to just get on with managing the team, without having to worry so much about the quality of players available to work with. We may get reeled in, it’s far from a certainty that we won’t fall apart, it just looks unlikely considering the two points above. 
Two games is FAR too early for folk to be making declarations about Maloney as a manager though. Could still easily be their best manager ever, or their worst. Remains to be seen. It’s even a bit of a huge assumption to put them as the main challengers for third. Motherwell and Aberdeen may yet have something to say about that.

The bookmakers odds suggest that Hearts chances of being in the top 3 are about as good as Hibs chances of being top 6

Which seems about right

Both “should” happen but neither is a “stick on” quite yet

4 minutes ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:
Stats say an even game and Ross C should have equalised. A bit jammy as usual. 

Jammy as usual, hibs' opening goal against United was offside.

That's nothing to do with luck, m8.

Scottish match officials have been in the pocket of big Ron Gordon ever since he arrived on these shores, got his chequebook out and explained to them why they should give Hibs the benefit of the doubt whenever possible. It's how they do things over in the Peruvian leagues, and it's why Martin Boyle never gets booked for simulation, why we have on average a penalty awarded every game, and why the offside calls are always in our favour these days. Ryan Porteous still needs to tone down his act because even Scottish referees have to be seen to draw the line somewhere, but he'll work out what he can get away with soon enough.

Scottish match officials have been in the pocket of big Ron Gordon ever since he arrived on these shores, got his chequebook out and explained to them why they should give Hibs the benefit of the doubt whenever possible. It's how they do things over in the Peruvian leagues, and it's why Martin Boyle never gets booked for simulation, why we have on average a penalty awarded every game, and why the offside calls are always in our favour these days. Ryan Porteous still needs to tone down his act because even Scottish referees have to be seen to draw the line somewhere, but he'll work out what he can get away with soon enough.

They must get very confused anytime Hibs are playing either cheek if that's the case.

2 minutes ago, Empty It said:
5 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

They must get very confused anytime Hibs are playing either cheek if that's the case.

Nah. A cheek on either side, and the hole in between them.

13 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Not anymore. A sweaty handshake from some blazer-wearing member of a religious-themed fraternal organization is not how modern match officials make their decisions these days. It's all about cold, hard, bung-under-the-table cash.

Why else do you think wee Douglas Ross couldn't declare his linesman earnings properly in Parliament, even though it was a trivial amount that everyone knew about? He lost track of which payments were on the books and which weren't, and didn't want to arouse suspicion by reporting too much. Far better to take a rap on the knuckles from the Holyrood Ombudsman than wind up before the Court of Session.

Edited by Aim Here

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The bookmakers odds suggest that Hearts chances of being in the top 3 are about as good as Hibs chances of being top 6

Which seems about right

Both “should” happen but neither is a “stick on” quite yet

Results go against us, and we lose to St Johnstone, and suddenly things go from healthy lead to breathing down our necks. Would put a very different complexion on things for sure. I don’t see this team as one that would suddenly just become shite for the rest of the season though. We will lose games between now and the end of the season, and our closest rivals will win games. Over the course though, the opposite will happen too. Once the dust has settled and the smoke has cleared, I suspect we will still be sitting on more points than everyone except Rangers and Celtic, however. The gap we have at present, and the fact we look capable of grinding out results, as well as deservedly winning with a bit to spare in others, gives me a reasonable feeling of confidence.

6 minutes ago, juvehearts said:

Confirmed soapy signed a pre contract with Blackburn rovers. Trebled his wage.

20% sell on clause included. 

Seen it reported as rumoured. Not seen any confirmation though. Don’t think anything can be confirmed before January.

6 minutes ago, juvehearts said:

Confirmed soapy signed a pre contract with Blackburn rovers. Trebled his wage.

20% sell on clause included. 

Where is that confirmed and why are they giving us a sell-on for a player who's out of contract?

3 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

We have a new 3m rated forward in the door plus a new manager that has made a difference in his two games. I'm looking on the plus side of that. 

How did I miss this? 😄

Watching on with interest. Quite the coup that you managed to beat off interest from other clubs if he’s priced so high. Even more amazing that you managed to offer him wages that a £3m rated player would be looking for. I’m actually really impressed. 🤣

16 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

How did I miss this? 😄

Watching on with interest. Quite the coup that you managed to beat off interest from other clubs if he’s priced so high. Even more amazing that you managed to offer him wages that a £3m rated player would be looking for. I’m actually really impressed. 🤣

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/chris-mueller/profil/spieler/562387

3.15m. Wee Ron has a few quid maybe. 

Keep the seethe coming tho

Edited by Snifter Pee Rot

18 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Transfermarkt eh, they value Liam Craig at £350k...

For perspective that Transfermarkt rating is in between what they quote for Nisbet (£2.7m) and what they quote for Doig (£3.6m) so don’t get too excited