OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

53 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

For perspective that Transfermarkt rating is in between what they quote for Nisbet (£2.7m) and what they quote for Doig (£3.6m) so don’t get too excited

But… “wisdom of the community”… 🙁

683BB81E-36D7-4032-802E-C4C19A7688B2.png

Some laugh catching up on this thread. £3 million striker. :lol: 

Mueller will be their Vanecek, and Hibs fans thinking it's all rosey because Maloney has won his first 2, seem to forget the starts that Ross and Heckingbottom both made to their Hibs careers.

5 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

Mueller will be their Vanecek, and Hibs fans thinking it's all rosey because Maloney has won his first 2, seem to forget the starts that Ross and Heckingbottom both made to their Hibs careers.

New managers often achieve what is described as a ‘bounce’. As you rightly point out, Ross had one, and Cathro got off to a great start too. Can’t remember Heckingbottom’s results, but I expert you are correct. The big test comes when the team transitions from the previous incumbent to the new. This doesn’t happen as soon as the new man takes over, it normally happens more gradually over ten games or more. The second big test, is how they negotiate the transfer windows. Cathro brought in a raft of players who he thought would allow him to set up and play ‘his style’. I remember at the time Cathro saying that he needed “proper football player” to implement his style of play. Hibs have just completely rejigged the football department around the manager’s office. How good a job they have done with that will play a big part in determining how Maloney’s tenure goes. Maybe Meuller with be a rip roaring success, and they will tap in to that market again? It’s perfectly possible. It’s also just as possible however, that he comes over here, fails to adapt and settle, and dies on his arse. I get the impression though, that to a man, Hibs fans are convinced he’s going to be a superstar. I’ll wait and see. 😉

46 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

Another seethe merchant :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Assuming that you know what seething means, can I ask you a question? What is it that Hearts supporters are supposed to be seething about just now? 

Is there some sort of crisis that I’m unaware of? I can’t remember a time when Ive seen our perennially moany support so happy and satisfied. 🙂

1 hour ago, Kyle Reese said:

New managers often achieve what is described as a ‘bounce’. As you rightly point out, Ross had one, and Cathro got off to a great start too. Can’t remember Heckingbottom’s results, but I expert you are correct. The big test comes when the team transitions from the previous incumbent to the new. This doesn’t happen as soon as the new man takes over, it normally happens more gradually over ten games or more. The second big test, is how they negotiate the transfer windows. Cathro brought in a raft of players who he thought would allow him to set up and play ‘his style’. I remember at the time Cathro saying that he needed “proper football player” to implement his style of play. Hibs have just completely rejigged the football department around the manager’s office. How good a job they have done with that will play a big part in determining how Maloney’s tenure goes. Maybe Meuller with be a rip roaring success, and they will tap in to that market again? It’s perfectly possible. It’s also just as possible however, that he comes over here, fails to adapt and settle, and dies on his arse. I get the impression though, that to a man, Hibs fans are convinced he’s going to be a superstar. I’ll wait and see. 😉

Heckingbottom was unbeaten in his first 10 league matches, only losing to Celtic in the cup during that time. He then lost the last 3 games of the season, won the opening game of 19/20, then didn't win another league game before getting sacked. The perfect case of 'new manager bounce'. I think Maloney will bring some good ideas to the fore, much like Cathro who had a clear vision on the way he wanted football to be played. That's to be admired in young coaches, and kudos to Hibs for giving him a chance in the game, but whether he can actually manage a team unlike Cathro, remains to be seen.

This American lad for me just screams of Vanecek. Deal announced in advance and seems to be doing all he can to endear himself to the fans before he's kicked a ball. In fairness to Mueller, he doesn't seem to have spent his downtime living it up in Thailand like Czech Dave who came to us desperate to impress, but sadly terribly out of shape.

36 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Read my post above. To claim I'm seething is bizarre. :lol:

Football is the only aspect of life where I don't mind admitting I got it wrong. I have my opinions on Maloney and Mueller based on recent cases of similar appointments/signings. If Maloney and Mueller are rip roaring successes, then I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong. But if history repeats, then I told you so. ;) 

9 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

Heckingbottom was unbeaten in his first 10 league matches, only losing to Celtic in the cup during that time. He then lost the last 3 games of the season, won the opening game of 19/20, then didn't win another league game before getting sacked. The perfect case of 'new manager bounce'. I think Maloney will bring some good ideas to the fore, much like Cathro who had a clear vision on the way he wanted football to be played. That's to be admired in young coaches, and kudos to Hibs for giving him a chance in the game, but whether he can actually manage a team unlike Cathro, remains to be seen.

This American lad for me just screams of Vanecek. Deal announced in advance and seems to be doing all he can to endear himself to the fans before he's kicked a ball. In fairness to Mueller, he doesn't seem to have spent his downtime living it up in Thailand like Czech Dave who came to us desperate to impress, but sadly terribly out of shape.

Read my post above. To claim I'm seething is bizarre. :lol:

Football is the only aspect of life where I don't mind admitting I got it wrong. I have my opinions on Maloney and Mueller based on recent cases of similar appointments/signings. If Maloney and Mueller are rip roaring successes, then I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong. But if history repeats, then I told you so. ;) 

Cheers. Couldn’t really remember much about Heckingbottom, other than the sniggertastic “Hecky’s at the wheel” stuff, and the fan art that accompanied it.

agree with you completely on everything else. 😄

2A03A3B3-007D-4590-9ADE-974D89B56DBF.jpeg

1 minute ago, Kyle Reese said:

Cheers. Couldn’t really remember much about Heckingbottom, other than the sniggertastic “Hecky’s at the wheel” stuff, and the fan art that accompanied it.

agree with you completely on everything else. 😄

2A03A3B3-007D-4590-9ADE-974D89B56DBF.jpeg

To be fair to Hibs, when they sacked Heckingbottom they replaced him with Jack Ross who was a bit more pragmatic and ready made to get results whereas we dragged the recruitment process out, then brought in Stendel who was a risk. Think people forget that Hibs were just as awful as we were at the start of that season. They won their opening game as mentioned then didn't win again until they beat St Johnstone away. I think that was with Eddie May in caretake charge whereas we were left with the messiah Austin McPhee to steer the ship until Stendel came in.

That said, McPhee guided us to a 2nd win of the season vs St Mirren, days before Hibs picked up their 2nd win of the season. At the time, I was generally happier with Stendel than Ross, but knowing what was to come with the early end to the season, safe to say Hibs got it right on that occasion, albeit unknowingly.

2 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

Cathro got off to an absolutely shit start. Lost 2 of his first 3, and 2 wins in his first 8 games, 1 of which was a lucky win over Raith in a replay.  He had a very brief good patch after all the January signings before reverting to a disaster.

2 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Cathro got off to an absolutely shit start. Lost 2 of his first 3, and 2 wins in his first 8 games, 1 of which was a lucky win over Raith in a replay.  He had a very brief good patch after all the January signings before reverting to a disaster.

The Rangers and Motherwell wins were good. After that I’m struggling…

3 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

The Rangers and Motherwell wins were good. After that I’m struggling…

In fact, looking back, it started not too bad at all: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016–17_Heart_of_Midlothian_F.C._season

Turned to absolute shit though, obviously.

11 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

How did I miss this? 😄

Watching on with interest. Quite the coup that you managed to beat off interest from other clubs if he’s priced so high. Even more amazing that you managed to offer him wages that a £3m rated player would be looking for. I’m actually really impressed. 🤣

Money will be no object on this one.

The boy looks like a Hibs player.

Money will be no object on this one.

The boy looks like a Hibs player.

880e5a054cf2fba4994a2d6e3ee50032.jpg
There’s definite “deliverance” vibes off that guy

He seems to have done alright in MLS which is a league that Gary Mackay-Stevens did alright in. In fact they played against each other in a playoff match which ultimately went to penalties.

If Joe Savage announced that this guy was coming to Hearts I’d be cautiously optimistic.

If Craig Levein was taking a punt on him I wouldn’t be expecting much

Given that he’s apparently going to hibs I’ll just assume he’s fleeing Florida after raping his cousin

27 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

At least Barry McKay’s hair will eventually get to a proper length where he can tie it back

Mueller is stuck with that face

Don’t be so naive. His cousin brother Leitherface knows a workaround.

CA41A1EB-D44A-48E5-963D-5B28138AA0B9.jpeg