OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

23 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Hoosey any idea where you are in the 7000 long que🤔 

I’m right behind @StellarHibee

No need for me to be in the que mate - my sister gets me a free seat most weeks if needed but after paying me millions to help construct an over priced shit tip of a stand I prefer to go watch the Hibees :) 

On 18/07/2023 at 17:42, Hoose Rice said:

No need for me to be in the que mate - my sister gets me a free seat most weeks if needed but after paying me millions to help construct an over priced shit tip of a stand I prefer to go watch the Hibees :) 

A PH1b5M would have refused the maroon pound. Exposed

On 14/07/2023 at 17:05, Dons_1988 said:

Feels like most clubs are being quite slow off the mark with signings this summer. Could be wrong. 

Someone suggested that it's all cascaded out of the English PL clubs spending late? Which feels right TBH.

Also as someone pointed out we didn't sign Shankland till the end of August (albeit we'd been chasing all summer)

Hearts linked with move for transfer-listed English centre-back | Edinburgh News (scotsman.com)

I saw this guy both in the flesh (once) and on the telly (a few times) last year, and he's exactly the sort of centre half we need.

There's obviously a bit of a step up from playing Forest Green to playing Celtic, but the top 10 teams in League One last year were all at least top six standard in Scotland.

Leaving it late, but if we got him, the Aussie midfielder and (FFS, get your finger out, Joe!) a striker/winger with pace, then this will be a pass mark of a window, if no better than that.

There are some good players in L1 and some dross so always a gamble, but he's a good age, played regular football his whole career and is meant to be good in the air. He'll do at least til Halkett is back. Peterborough fans seem quite pissed off he's leaving, only available due to their weird policy of transfer listing players in their last year of contract.

Always suspicious of a signing from the English leagues.

Nobody down there dreams of playing in Scotland, so why are we the best he can do?

27 years old, available for probably not huge money. It doesn't pass the smell test for me.

I see someone alluding to Anthony Taylor above. He's a great example. It was suspicious that Aberdeen were able to get him in the circumstances, and he turned up to be shite. We were able to get Ollie Lee. LEt's be honest, shite. We got Jorge Grant. Again, mainly shite.

I don't think it's a good market for us to operate in. Poor value. I'd always query why a player from down there would want to move here, and why there aren't English clubs outbidding us.

Edited by DoingThe42

6 hours ago, DoingThe42 said:

Nobody down there dreams of playing in Scotland, so why are we the best he can do?

27 years old, available for probably not huge money. It doesn't pass the smell test for me.

I see someone alluding to Anthony Taylor above. He's a great example. It was suspicious that Aberdeen were able to get him in the circumstances, and he turned up to be shite. We were able to get Ollie Lee. LEt's be honest, shite. We got Jorge Grant. Again, mainly shite.

I don't think it's a good market for us to operate in. Poor value. I'd always query why a player from down there would want to move here, and why there aren't English clubs outbidding us.

Mostly agree with this. I'd be fairly sure the hit rate for Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen signing from League One is poor, aside from players who previously played in Scotland like Boyce.

"That's all we can afford". Shop somewhere else then. I don't rate the A League highly either but at we're generally targeting cheap, young players with potential from there.

Having said that, I think even a basic centre-half would have helped us massively last season. This guy might fit that bill and he seems to be able to play out from the back a bit as well, which I think was one of the main issues with Stewart at Aberdeen.

There are good players in L1. Theres a lot of shite as well. However, this boy was signed for half a million previously, has been first choice for them throughout his time there and has also played in the Championship.  

They wanted him to stay, but he hasn't signed a new deal and they put everyone up for sale in the last year of their deal, they do it every season. So yes, he might be a risk, but it's not like they are getting rid because he's out of favour.

Also, we all know Halkett is first choice when fit, but we need depth at CH and looking at all the stats he can header the ball so is what we need. At worst he'll be a stop gap, at best we'll have picked up a decent player.

8 hours ago, DoingThe42 said:

Possibly he wants to play top flight football in a team competiting for trophies and European Group Stage football?

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Possibly he wants to play top flight football in a team competiting for trophies and European Group Stage football?

Absolutely this. Peterborough average under 8k a week, Hearts are a bigger club in nearly every measurement. Can't believe we'd be a tough sell to a Peterborough player unless some really young up and coming player with an eye on the PL.

6 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Absolutely this. Peterborough average under 8k a week, Hearts are a bigger club in nearly every measurement. Can't believe we'd be a tough sell to a Peterborough player unless some really young up and coming player with an eye on the PL.

Twitter. Hearts 115k, Peterborough 108k

Instagram. Hearts 69k, Peterborough 63k

Facebook. Hearts 68k, Peterborough 62k

1 hour ago, gazelle83 said:

Twitter. Hearts 115k, Peterborough 108k

Instagram. Hearts 69k, Peterborough 63k

Facebook. Hearts 68k, Peterborough 62k

Twitter: Aberdeen - 128k, Luton Town - 173k

Instagram: Aberdeen - 80k, Luton Town - 219k

Facebook: Aberdeen - 135k, Luton Town - 254k

Confirmed by @gazelle83, Luton Town are a far bigger club than Aberdeen.