OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

If we sign genuine quality (hopefully Taylor, Salazar and Dhanda plus more fulfil that criteria) then they'll be hits. If they're just squad filler or worse, then they won't.

Kent, for example, I'd say has been an unqualified success. 

I don't expect us to sign hit after hit, that's completely unrealistic. And there's no shame in being somewhere in the middle.

But that is all a little tangential to the point I was responding to, which was success or otherwise in the South American and Japanese markets.

South America one hit and two we don't know yet, Japan one flop and one somewhere in the middle. There's promising signs with the South Americans (and Oda). 

We'll be more informed come the season's end.

7 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

That's some great squad depth you've got there, lads.

image.png.e7221ff1a283537f529eed2abc6121d7.png

Its Europe. Its really hard to manage Europe and domestic football... oh .. wait

I note the main 2 hearts mouthpieces on here have been very quiet since half time in Dundee last week.

HEARTS ARE FALLING APART AGAIN

Absolutely cluster f**k today .

Terrible starting 11 choice by Naismith who showed absolutely no respect for a team that were unbeaten last season .

You start these games with your strongest team , then hope you can get a lead , then start changing things .

Wonder what lame excuse he’ll make this week for yet another f**k up 

On 15/08/2024 at 08:06, VincentGuerin said:

This is certainly true.

I think there's a bit of misunderstanding of the point here. I absolutely would not swap squads with Aberdeen at the moment.

I think the point is that we're going to need to be patient this season.

Do you still think this Vincent. Asking for a friend.

Yeah I think Naismith has believed you're the 3rd best team in the country too much recently. Things will probably settle down when he starts just playing your best side in their best positions for a while, rather than overthinking it.

16 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Absolutely cluster f**k today .

Terrible starting 11 choice by Naismith who showed absolutely no respect for a team that were unbeaten last season .

You start these games with your strongest team , then hope you can get a lead , then start changing things .

Wonder what lame excuse he’ll make this week for yet another f**k up 

The starting 11 played significantly better than when we brought on the supposed better players.  Shankland's attitude in games atm is honking 

16 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

The starting 11 played significantly better than when we brought on the supposed better players.  Shankland's attitude in games atm is honking 

I was just drifting in and out of watching your game, but the one thing that struck me is every time the camera was on LS he was daundering about at walking pace with his heid doon. 

I've never agreed with the hot takes that he's fat and lazy, but today, and last week at Dens, he just looked totally disinterested and a bit stroppy.

Fine first half, should've been ahead quite comfortably but never took our chances.

As soon as we conceded we looked lost. Subs made us worse, some of the attitudes were very disappointing. 

Losing cup games happens, how soft we look is the real concern.

1 hour ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I think it’s always difficult for players to come on, when you’re behind in a game

Still should have started with our strongest 11, which Naismith didn’t , so in summary , he f**ked things up once again 

10 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

I think it’s always difficult for players to come on, when you’re behind in a game

Still should have started with our strongest 11, which Naismith didn’t , so in summary , he f**ked things up once again 

It's hard if you don't put any effort in,  that's for sure. 

The team picked was strong enough to win that game if they'd applied themselves properly.  Far too many chucked it after gong behind

2 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I'm not here to gloat as I've got quite a few Hearts supporting work colleagues and friends but the first thing I thought when Shankland and McKay came on was you were going for it to get back in the game. Instead what you got was you were at least 1 man down. 

Strikes me that Naismith needs to pick a preferred starting 11 and stick with it. Chopping and changing 7/8 players gets you results like today