OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

7 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'm not being funny or argumentative, but, of course you thought that. You're an Aberdeen fan and that's the coping mechanism more or less any time Hearts finish third. And the glorious thing about it, for all of us, is that we can all say that any time we like and it'll be partly true. Because of course a club's success is helped by rivals failing. Would Aberdeen have finished third this year if Hearts hadn't fucked up the January window?

Last season Hearts finished with more points than Aberdeen will get this season despite putting the tools away with five games to go, and made it to a cup final. It was an impressive season any way you look at it. But we all see things through the prism of our own teams, so you focus on a side who finished tenth and were never in the discussion for a European place. That's just what fitba fans do. We're all the same.

Hearts finished 3rd last season with Hibs and Aberdeen in the bottom six.

Everything being equal, who would expect Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts to be the main challengers for 3rd to 5th.

If two of the three clubs are having awful seasons then it should, in theory, make it easier for the third club.

Some Hearts fans, like you, seemed to think it was the beginning of some kind of sustained period of third force dominance.

The more canny observers thought that unlikely, and that either Aberdeen or Hibs or both would improve.

Although, to be fair, I wasn't one of those canny observers because we still had Goodwin in charge and Hibs had that irritating little Englishman.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

I've just discovered that Bill Crombie, who refereed the 1986 Kidd match at Dens Park was in fact a known Hearts supporter from Edinburgh!

How the hell did that happen and Inverurie whistler  Sandy Roy was never allowed any competitive Aberdeen match?

9 hours ago, Mr. X said:

The weird thing is Hearts have won the majority of the head to head games between the teams over the last eleven seasons. Aberdeen obviously more consistent against the shite.

That can't be right if you've won the head to heads...

7 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Everything being equal, who would expect Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts to be the main challengers for 3rd to 5th.

If two of the three clubs are having awful seasons then it should, in theory, make it easier for the third club.

Some Hearts fans, like you, seemed to think it was the beginning of some kind of sustained period of third force dominance.

The more canny observers thought that unlikely, and that either Aberdeen or Hibs or both would improve.

Although, to be fair, I wasn't one of those canny observers because we still had Goodwin in charge and Hibs had that irritating little Englishman.

Back in February, one Hearts fan (twitter link below) claiming they were going to win the league and that Robbie Neilson was the best manager since Sir Alex Ferguson.

https://twitter.com/Football_Scot/status/1620862979381284866?lang=en

To summarise the above:

When calculating how superior Aberdeen are over Hearts, ignore last season when the dons were abysmal and finished a lowly and embarrassing 10th. The early part of this season, when the dons were regularly on the receiving end of five and six goal humpings, along with the marvel of Darvel must also be airbrushed out of the picture as irrelevant, otherwise it will distort Aberdeen's supremacy.

When calculating Hearts superiority over the dons, only take account of the first few games of the season, before European football and injuries decimated the squad.

Am I doing this right?

7 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

:lol:

6 minutes ago, Squonk said:

To summarise the above:

When calculating how superior Aberdeen are over Hearts, ignore last season when the dons were abysmal and finished a lowly and embarrassing 10th. The early part of this season, when the dons were regularly on the receiving end of five and six goal humpings, along with the marvel of Darvel must also be airbrushed out of the picture as irrelevant, otherwise it will distort Aberdeen's supremacy.

When calculating Hearts superiority over the dons, only take account of the first few games of the season, before European football and injuries decimated the squad.

Am I doing this right?

You forget to mention Hearts have only finished once above Aberdeen in the last 11 seasons.

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

You forget to mention Hearts have only finished once above Aberdeen in the last 11 seasons.

I'm not taking sides pal, I'm just trying to illustrate that fans are partisan and only see what suits them about their club while ignoring what's inconvenient.

3 minutes ago, Squonk said:

I'm not taking sides pal, I'm just trying to illustrate that fans are partisan and only see what suits them about their club while ignoring what's inconvenient.

Maybe because having a serious and objective debate about who is a bigger club is utterly futile and a waste of everyone’s time. 

Almost like these things aren’t entirely serious. 

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Maybe because having a serious and objective debate about who is a bigger club is utterly futile and a waste of everyone’s time. 

I totally agree. But mine is still bigger than yours.

41 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Back in February, one Hearts fan (twitter link below) claiming they were going to win the league and that Robbie Neilson was the best manager since Sir Alex Ferguson.

Dreaming is Free

8 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I've just discovered that Bill Crombie, who refereed the 1986 Kidd match at Dens Park was in fact a known Hearts supporter from Edinburgh!

How the hell did that happen and Inverurie whistler  Sandy Roy was never allowed any competitive Aberdeen match?

Sandy Roy was a known rogue and scoundrel who couldn't be trusted while Bill Crombie, being from Edinburgh, was a man of impeachable honour and integrity

I've got no proof of this theory but it does fit the few facts made available to me so it seems a reasonable working hypothesis

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

30 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It's not quite as futile a waste of time as people arguing about where Messi or Ronaldo is the GOAT but it's very much in that genre

"Bigness" is better represented as a Partially Ordered set
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partially_ordered_set

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I've never seen that before. Fair sets me up for the day ahead.

I still can't work out why the Hearts player that scored their late equaliser in a game they had to win, went absolutely mental and jumped into the crowd when he should have been trying to get the game restarted to try to get the game won.

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I still can't work out why the Hearts player that scored their late equaliser in a game they had to win, went absolutely mental and jumped into the crowd when he should have been trying to get the game restarted to try to get the game won.

I was screaming at him to go back at the game, but once it calmed down it was pretty evident there was no more time to play. We were already over the additional time.

And given how Kuol's spell has gone, 18, miles from home, not been trusted to play, its hard to grudge him a wee moment. Probably the biggest moment of his club career to date.