OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

Congratulations to Scotland's third farce for clinching fourth place. Before the end of May. Leaving everyone else in their wake themselves with egg on their face.

6 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

You can’t always get what you want 

But if you try  sometimes 

you just might find 

you get what you need

It’s been that kind of week 

You needed a win on Wednesday. 

Not a bad season all things considered. With when measured on the 2019/20 (abysmal) to 1997/98 (Best I've seen) scale.

-Won two matches in Europe

-Used European money to make several important infrastructural Investments in our fully Uefa compliant stadium, that will generate additional income for the club for decades to come 

-Qualified for Europe in consecutive seasons for only the 3rd time this century (2002-4, 2010-12)

-Top 4 finish

-Finished above Hibs

-Only 1 defeat (St Mirren) in the league to clubs out side of Glasgow at home.

-All of the above with the spine of last year's team out long term injured.

-Reduced Aberdeen from a club that used to sack managers for failing to challenge for the title, to one that is euphoric at finishing above a yo yo club, in a season when they got smacked 6-0 by Hibs, 5-0 by Hearts and Celtic , 4-0 by relegated Dundee United, and suffered the greatest Scottish Cup humiliation of all time live on national television, to a team hammered by Falkirk (!) in the next round.

😘

After a long-planned retirement from Tynecastle, at about 11am yesterday I shook hands on a 33% share in a season ticket for next season.

6 visits to the Tynecastle Arms a year sounds worth it.

Anyway, that's the fitba finished and it's time for the cricket. Enjoy your summers, all.

Objectively 4th is only a slight disappointment in that we had a brilliant chance to finish third and fucked it.

Subjectively, the season was absolute shite bar some individual players and the odd great performance.  The inability to get anything close to our best team out at any point was obviously no help, but Robbie persisting with that god awful 361 for months and the extremely pedestrian style mate it a chore to watch us.

Big summer needed in terms of adding 4 to 5 key players to the squad and getting everyone fit over the close season.  Must do everything to keep Gino as well.

Looks increasingly like Naismith for the job, which I'm not against but it feels like a gamble.

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

-Reduced Aberdeen from a club that used to sack managers for failing to challenge for the title, to one that is euphoric at finishing above a yo yo club, in a season when they got smacked 6-0 by Hibs, 5-0 by Hearts and Celtic , 4-0 by relegated Dundee United, and suffered the greatest Scottish Cup humiliation of all time live on national television, to a team hammered by Falkirk (!) in the next round.

😘

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

Not a bad season all things considered.  

-Qualified for Europe in consecutive seasons for only the 3rd time this century (2002-4, 2010-12)

Levels 

34 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Objectively 4th is only a slight disappointment in that we had a brilliant chance to finish third and fucked it.

Subjectively, the season was absolute shite bar some individual players and the odd great performance.  The inability to get anything close to our best team out at any point was obviously no help, but Robbie persisting with that god awful 361 for months and the extremely pedestrian style mate it a chore to watch us.

Big summer needed in terms of adding 4 to 5 key players to the squad and getting everyone fit over the close season.  Must do everything to keep Gino as well.

Looks increasingly like Naismith for the job, which I'm not against but it feels like a gamble.

It is probably a bit of recency bias, but I honestly believe the Neilson/ Snodgrass 3-6-1 team, in that period from February to April (Played 7, lost 6), is amongst the worst I've ever seen us play.

9 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Indeed, your 'levels ' seem to have nosedived.

If you’re saying that our nosedived levels remain above a hearts team on the up with consecutive European finishes then let’s agree, shake on it and move on. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

If you’re saying that our nosedived levels remain above a hearts team on the up with consecutive European finishes then let’s agree, shake on it and move on. 

Happy to.

And we can agree that in the future, this season will primarily remembered for Aberdeen suffering the greatest Scottish Cup humiliation of all time.

1 minute ago, Martin_T said:

Happy to.

And we can agree that in the future, this season will primarily remembered for Aberdeen suffering the greatest Scottish Cup humiliation of all time.

That’s fair. It was objectively funny. 

And I genuinely did laugh when we decided to back our manager and follow it up with a 6-0 defeat at hibs. 

On 27/05/2023 at 11:37, Dons_1988 said:

I’m not sure Brora beating a struggling championship side even really registered tbh. 

You'd generally think not, wouldn't you? And yet there was quite the furore at the time.

10 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

That’s fair. It was objectively funny. 

And I genuinely did laugh when we decided to back our manager and follow it up with a 6-0 defeat at hibs. 

If only you'd backed him for, oh I don't know, another two or three games.

Damn that Aberdeen board and their devil-may-care, taking-action-before-it's-too-late approach to football management.

12 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

After a long-planned retirement from Tynecastle, at about 11am yesterday I shook hands on a 33% share in a season ticket for next season.

6 visits to the Tynecastle Arms a year sounds worth it.

Anyway, that's the fitba finished and it's time for the cricket. Enjoy your summers, all.

Take care mate.