OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

28 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Get it on the honours list with the tennents sixes and almost winning the league in the 80s!

Its always goes back to the 80"s with you lot.  You karma Chameleon Kunts. 😂

Beamer in the way we've worded it but Naismith is clearly the manager so it's not realistically an issue.

Bit of a gamble but we improved a lot under him and the players bought into it. Most importantly,  it wasn't eye bleeding as f**k to watch.  Think he'll do OK.

40 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Beamer in the way we've worded it but Naismith is clearly the manager so it's not realistically an issue.

Bit of a gamble but we improved a lot under him and the players bought into it. Most importantly,  it wasn't eye bleeding as f**k to watch.  Think he'll do OK.

Improved a lot. 
Two wins & a 28% win ratio is improvement? 

I think if we get everyone fit over the summer and hang on to Gino, plus add a couple of decent players Naismith will have more than enough to have a realistic stab at third.  There were enough encouraging performances to think he'll be fine and very little that was worrying.

Ultimately anyone we get is a risk, same as anyone in this league bit he's no likely to be as dull as Robbie so that's something

1 minute ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Improved a lot. 
Two wins & a 28% win ratio is improvement? 

Well if you compare his 7 games to Neilson's last 7, then yes absolutely. We only also lost 2, one against Celtic with 10 men.

However, if you watched us,  which I assume you never,  then we improved massively in terms of application and performance. 

He gave us a clear style of play and improved individual players all over the pitch. 

1 hour ago, Mr. X said:

I was meaning that it was the second time that I had watched Hearts cuff your sorry mob 5-0, classic. 😊

Although it's not quite 5-0 dons 3 hearts 0 is my favourite score.

First the frankie hat trick to clinch the league at tynecastle and a year later the same score in the cup final

On the Pro Licence stuff, my impression was that you needed one to be a permanent manager in the top flight, but the club statement only mentions it being a requirement for "European competition", which I take to mean the Conference League. Is that right?

If it's just a Europe requirement and McAvoy has to be nominally in charge for those (let's be honest, two) games, then I'm not that bothered. If it's a requirement for the league and we have McAvoy nominally in charge, but Naismith de facto in charge, then it's an issue imo. Firstly because it would be an obvious circumvention of the regulations which leaves us open to penalties and secondly because it creates the potential for confused leadership if the club has to outwardly act as if one person is calling the shots while internally acting differently.

McKinlay is an ex-SFA COO and was a member of the UEFA Legal Committee for 3 years so you'd assume he'll be on top of this but... this is Hearts.

26 minutes ago, DC92 said:

On the Pro Licence stuff, my impression was that you needed one to be a permanent manager in the top flight, but the club statement only mentions it being a requirement for "European competition", which I take to mean the Conference League. Is that right?

If it's just a Europe requirement and McAvoy has to be nominally in charge for those (let's be honest, two) games, then I'm not that bothered. If it's a requirement for the league and we have McAvoy nominally in charge, but Naismith de facto in charge, then it's an issue imo. Firstly because it would be an obvious circumvention of the regulations which leaves us open to penalties and secondly because it creates the potential for confused leadership if the club has to outwardly act as if one person is calling the shots while internally acting differently.

McKinlay is an ex-SFA COO and was a member of the UEFA Legal Committee for 3 years so you'd assume he'll be on top of this but... this is Hearts.

If they try any shit, they'll not be able to implement it until 24/25, I'd bet

8 hours ago, DC92 said:

You’d think that wee nasaly was the second Guardiola the way Hearts are bending the rules 😆

10 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Its always goes back to the 80"s with you lot.  You karma Chameleon Kunts. 😂

The 80s has Hearts greatest (almost) achievement though doesnt it!

Just remember 2 financially doped scottish cups aside Hearts have 1 trophy since the 60s. With 5 relegations

If you would like to bring it more up to date. Remember when you almost finished 3rd this past season? 

Almost ...

Happy enough with the appointment to be honest, his style of play on admittedly limited evidence, was much more watchable than Neilson's pass it amongst the back 3, then give it to Snodgrass to be dispossessed style.

2 wins from 7 fixtures, but those 7 were tough, Ross County, Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen at home, St Mirren, Rangers and Hibs away. Arguably the only the Hibs games were below expectation and of course the early sending off impacted the home game.