OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

13 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

He was responsible for Falkirk's second goal wasn't he with a poor clearance?

He's never been great with his feet and was given a terrible backpass on his weaker side. I don't think it was anything to do with his age.

37 minutes ago, DC92 said:

He's never been great with his feet and was given a terrible backpass on his weaker side. I don't think it was anything to do with his age.

... and it's also becoming quite clear that this month Hearts are operating under some kind of eldritch curse that's dooming all our efforts

49 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

If hearts sell clark I’d be very surprised if they just went with Gordon for the season. 

If Hearts sell Clark then there's a team somewhere with someone who shouldn't be allowed near a bank card.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

If hearts sell clark I’d be very surprised if they just went with Gordon for the season. 

I'd not. I don't think we will sell Clark tbh, but if he did not many clubs are running with effectively two players good enough to be No.1. Gordon still looks a good goalie and had made big saves already this season, if he was to be first pick Fulton would be backup and we'd recall Harry Stone if required at any point. If Gordon all of a sudden looked terrible we'd act in January.

I'm out the loop with the news this week, but is there serious talk of selling Clark?

He's one of these players that if we sell him and get a fee, I'll be very pleased. But if we keep him and he plays most weeks, that's fine too.

That's the kind of squad we have. Unspectacular but generally fine. For all that some seem to take some solace in referring to Hearts as "bang average" - always the same phrase, they must print it in match programmes or something - these people miss that that is the key to doing well in our league on the budgets available to our clubs.

Hearts may be "bang average", but that got us 68 points and an absolute cruise to third place last year, and it should have us in with a good swing at this again this year. The key is having generally competent players all over the park while avoiding glaring deficiences in your team rather than having the odd really good player but some real weak links.

Hearts have that sort of squad at the moment and it has been very successful for us over the last few years.

I'd be willing to go with Gordon till January and see how it works out, but I'd be surprised if someone was offering us decent money for Clark. We don't need to sell, and there doesn't seem to be much in it for us unless it's a lot of money.

Edited by VincentGuerin

Well ... 4 games in:

Played: 4

Wins: 0

Draws: 1

Loses: 3

GF: 1

GA: 6

So it looks terrible. Falkirk was an aberration, but given it saved a likely skelping at Celtic Park, I'm not as upset as I was. 

I am feeling hopeful and I'm actually quite glad we are playing this weekend - hopefully get a win and a bit of confidence back. 

20 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Well ... 4 games in:

Played: 4

Wins: 0

Draws: 1

Loses: 3

GF: 1

GA: 6

So it looks terrible. Falkirk was an aberration, but given it saved a likely skelping at Celtic Park, I'm not as upset as I was. 

I am feeling hopeful and I'm actually quite glad we are playing this weekend - hopefully get a win and a bit of confidence back. 

It's not been great, but it's not a disaster either. We've played Rangers, a top six side away, and a Conference League quarter-finalist away. Falkirk is the only really bad result.

So, the stats will look bad, but you've got to give it context. How would our season be looking if we'd started with Ross County at home and St Johnstone away?

With the St Mirren game moving to the 21st of September, we're now playing 8 of our first 14 away, including trips to Dundee, St Mirren, Aberdeen, Hibs, and playing the Old Firm four times. It's likely to stay pretty poor-looking in bare statistical terms for a while. Add in the European congestion (four of the 8 aways are after a European game) and it's pretty much the hardest start imaginable. We'll only play four games at home to non-OF teams up till late November.

The fixtures turn at the end of November, when we'll start a run of six home games in eight and start to get to play some of our rivals at Tynecastle. We also won't play the Old Firm for about three months after that. Our form in that late November - February spell is likely to define our season. Need to hang in there until then.

Edited by VincentGuerin

8 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

It's not been great, but it's not a disaster either. We've played Rangers, a top six side away, and a Conference League quarter-finalist away. Falkirk is the only really bad result.

So, the stats will look bad, but you've got to give it context. How would our season be looking if we'd started with Ross County at home and St Johnstone away?

With the St Mirren game moving to the 21st of September, we're now playing 8 of our first 14 away, including trips to Dundee, St Mirren, Aberdeen, Hibs, and playing the Old Firm four times. It's likely to stay pretty poor-looking in bare statistical terms for a while. Add in the European congestion (four of the 8 aways are after a European game) and it's pretty much the hardest start imaginable. We'll only play four games at home to non-OF teams up till late November.

The fixtures turn at the end of November, when we'll start a run of six home games in eight and start to get to play some of our rivals at Tynecastle. We also won't play the Old Firm for about three months after that. Our form in that late November - February spell is likely to define our season. Need to hang in there until then.

If only football was played on paper.

10 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'd say getting skelped three nil off Dundee is a really bad result. 

8 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

I see some sensible chaps on Kickback think you're close to getting Dykes 🤣

Tbf even by KB standards I think most folk realise it's a no goer. It came from a QPR forum, clearly pish.

The best bit is people saying they wouldn't take him.

5 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

The best bit is people saying they wouldn't take him.

why?

If that’s based on his footballing ability then it’s just silly. If it’s based on how far we’d have to stretch our wage structure then there’s  a case to be made, If it’s because of his stupid neck tattoos then it’s hard to argue against them

8 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

why?

If that’s based on his footballing ability then it’s just silly. If it’s based on how far we’d have to stretch our wage structure then there’s  a case to be made, If it’s because of his stupid neck tattoos then it’s hard to argue against them

I'm talking about the ones acting field he'd not be good enough.

Wage concerns would just be sensible.