OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

That was genuinely appalling. Just a horrendous performance and well beaten by a poor team.

The big concern for me is that we seem to have regressed to being a side that routinely loses poor goals. All three yesterday were laughable, and we've lost bad goals in every game since Rangers. This is the complete opposite of last season.

It's likely to get worse in the coming weeks, as the fixtures are far from kind, but regardless of what the fixtures are you need to do the basics.

On the basis of what we've seen so far we'll be lucky to make top six.

Hearts definitely have the 3rd best squad in the league on paper. I have seen a few of your games this season and it looks you have no identity or game plan. 

No balance to the team, shoe horning players into the team and playing them out of position. 

Need to get back to basics, and if it means dropping Dhanda or Spittal then that has to happen. 

Naismith needs to get up to speed with what his best team/formation is. When that happens, it will click. Just need to hope it’s not too late by then. 

Edited by Connor7

13 hours ago, jonty said:

I agree Aberdeen have had a kind start, and shouldn’t get carried away.

But don’t be thinking this is just your standard decent start to the season from an also ran.

Our manager knows what he is doing, we have one defeat (on pens) in 18. The most expensive signing outside the old firm since the 90’s, plus  a 7million Croatian, and 2million striker. Our best signing tho has for me been nillson, what a player. And our keeper isn’t bad either. 

Strength in depth with Polvara and Clarkson due back soon. Our youth’s won the league last year too.

Lost our best player but now have a big financial reserve, which we are using.

Im told one more big signing for Aberdeen incoming this week….

Chin up chaps…

This is a bit OTT. 

Difficult to pick a settled defence just now with new full backs on both sides of the pitch. We don't  know which full backs are the best ones. We haven't seen enough of them. Penrice or Salazar? Oyegoke or Taylor?

Need to get Halkett involved so we can rest Rowles. Halkett isn't ready to play in a back 4, he needs to play in a 3 until he is back to the player that he was. Halkett, Kingsley, Kent is a good back 3.

3 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I think if you re- read Darren's actual sentence you'll find it's pretty accurate

Oops, you are spot on, obviously. Speed reading at its worst.

6 hours ago, Connor7 said:

Hearts definitely have the 3rd best squad in the league on paper.

This certainly seems to be the overriding opinion in the media and of fans in Scotland but I genuinely think I must be missing something. The signings they have made from within Scotland appear to always have been bottom 6 players.

24 minutes ago, KingswellsRed said:

This certainly seems to be the overriding opinion in the media and of fans in Scotland but I genuinely think I must be missing something. The signings they have made from within Scotland appear to always have been bottom 6 players.

All of Aberdeen's players were bottom 6 players last season.

37 minutes ago, KingswellsRed said:

That's a remarkably simplistic view of how transfers work.

19 hours ago, jonty said:

I agree Aberdeen have had a kind start, and shouldn’t get carried away.

But don’t be thinking this is just your standard decent start to the season from an also ran.

Our manager knows what he is doing, we have one defeat (on pens) in 18. The most expensive signing outside the old firm since the 90’s, plus  a 7million Croatian, and 2million striker. Our best signing tho has for me been nillson, what a player. And our keeper isn’t bad either. 

Strength in depth with Polvara and Clarkson due back soon. Our youth’s won the league last year too.

Lost our best player but now have a big financial reserve, which we are using.

Im told one more big signing for Aberdeen incoming this week….

Chin up chaps…

Can't see this post blowing up in your face anytime soon.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

It's also ignoring the fact we've signed international players and Boateng who looks the part.   I don't think recruitment or squad strength are the issue.   The way we're playing most certainly is

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Forgive Jonty, for he knows not what he's doing.

I thought he was new, but he has been on here for 12 years.

Seems to like the Hearts thread more than the Aberdeen one.

7 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

So he’s like Vincent, just a bit more concise. 

30 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

It is but Spittal and Penrice in particular were never players I expected to step up beyond playing for relegation candidates. I could very much be wrong though.

33 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Actually I’ve been working away a lot lately hence why I have prob been on here more often, and it does say newcomers welcome.

But yea I am a season ticket holder at Pittodrie, and have been for some time. 

The amount of shite I’ve seen over the last few years then Sue me for getting excited about 8 wins in a row to start the season.

8 minutes ago, jonty said:

Actually I’ve been working away a lot lately hence why I have prob been on here more often, and it does say newcomers welcome.

But yea I am a season ticket holder at Pittodrie, and have been for some time. 

The amount of shite I’ve seen over the last few years then Sue me for getting excited about 8 wins in a row to start the season.

Just very surprised that an Aberdeen fan, who has a season ticket but also works away, would disappear while Aberdeen are shite, then suddenly reappear after 8 wins.

yeah-excellent.gif.519c524aa2d07c38a56eca78dc49016d.gif

You're not a newcomer and of course you're welcome here.

But you know how this place works, take whatever is coming.