OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

6 hours ago, paranoid android said:

how much difference will ten mill actually make to us?

The £10m shouldn't be viewed as the main benefit.

The system Bloom has for identifying talent is the draw. Chelsea have virtually signed Brightons entire backroom, and spent hundreds of millions trying to replicate Brightons ability to find talent, yet still Brighton do it better. That's because of Blooms "starlizard" company.

He'd be narrowing the gap by getting you European football every season + million pound plus profits on players every season. You see it with Brighton where clubs now overpay for their players because it's just assumed they're huge talents.

17 minutes ago, Enigma said:

We’ve signed Finlay Pollock. Is he any good?

Very good. If it wasn't for a bad run of niggly injuries he'd be in our team. I think he'll really benefit from a run of games, but disappointed he won't be getting a chance with our first team tbh. Hope he really kicks on.

18 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

If it works.

He's used it for 15 years at Brighton and taken them from 19th in the 3rd tier to 11th in the top flight while arguably becoming one of the best clubs on the planet in the transfer window.

USG in Belgium used it for 5 years and gone from being a perennial 2nd/3rd tier side to finishing 2nd in Belgiums top flight, while selling folk for €15m.

It's quite clearly it works IMO.

It's just whether it's worth what it'll cost in terms of control.

I’m assuming that this Starlizard ‘program’ is exclusive to the clubs that Bloom has invested in? Is this the most successful of similar schemes or quite unique? Asking for a friend.

Bloom obviously has a great system for player identification, and making a profit over £100m in 2023 is not to be sniffed at, and the Caicedo transfer was a ridiculous bit of business.................but it cant go unmentioned that Brighton have - under his ownership - also paid out hundreds of millions in transfer fees on players (€180m more than they brought in during this summer !).

Brighton also pay a fair bit less than the big clubs (well run in that respect as well).

My fag packet calcs suggest that they are now about €250m in the red (just on transfers) since 2016/17 when they came back up to the Premiership - but obviously the TV and sponsor money in England is also staggering.

It will be interesting to see which type of players his system finds for Hearts.

24 minutes ago, Kempes said:

I’m assuming that this Starlizard ‘program’ is exclusive to the clubs that Bloom has invested in? Is this the most successful of similar schemes or quite unique? Asking for a friend.

It was designed to help.his gambling companies, then they realised it could be used for identifying players.

It's entirely unique apparently, and only used by him and the clubs he allows to use it.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The £10m shouldn't be viewed as the main benefit.

The system Bloom has for identifying talent is the draw. Chelsea have virtually signed Brightons entire backroom, and spent hundreds of millions trying to replicate Brightons ability to find talent, yet still Brighton do it better. That's because of Blooms "starlizard" company.

He'd be narrowing the gap by getting you European football every season + million pound plus profits on players every season. You see it with Brighton where clubs now overpay for their players because it's just assumed they're huge talents.

I think people are massively jumping the gun thinking he's giving us £10m.

I doubt very very much that is the case.

Was it not "A deal worth up to £10m"? Which is certainly not the same thing as "Here's £10m".

Edited by VincentGuerin

9 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I think people are massively jumping the gun thinking he's giving us £10m.

I doubt very very much that is the case.

Was it not "A deal worth up to £10m"? Which is certainly not the same thing as "Here's £10m".

I think the amount investment is irrelevant really, it's the use of his system that matters and how much he wants of the club for it.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think the amount investment is irrelevant really, it's the use of his system that matters and how much he wants of the club for it.

I agree completely, but people keep throwing around this £10m figure as if it's money. It almost certainly is not.

Unfortunately, a lot of our more excitable supporters have not grasped this.

From the wording, my suspicion is that £10m is the value he puts on our 2-year access to his wee app. I don't think there'll be any actual money. Not saying we're being ripped off or anything, just that I think people are reading something that isn't there.

Edited by VincentGuerin

11 hours ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

A cut of profit on transfer fees, if they're being identified by The System and we are clearly benefiting, is far more palatable than any place in a pyramid set up.  I would be fine with that. 

It might well not work - i think the longer term prospects are worse as other teams will follow/replicate any advantage that's clearly able to be transferred to other markets but that's not to say it isn't worth trying and helpful in the short term if nothing else

I agree.

10 hours ago, paranoid android said:

I'm sure I've read that this could end up with Bloom owning the club - how does that square with fan ownership?

The reporting is that he's after a minority share. The FOH own 75.1% so if he wants to eat into that or dilute it it'll require a 90% vote from FOH members.

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Bloom obviously has a great system for player identification, and making a profit over £100m in 2023 is not to be sniffed at, and the Caicedo transfer was a ridiculous bit of business.................but it cant go unmentioned that Brighton have - under his ownership - also paid out hundreds of millions in transfer fees on players (€180m more than they brought in during this summer !).

Brighton also pay a fair bit less than the big clubs (well run in that respect as well).

My fag packet calcs suggest that they are now about €250m in the red (just on transfers) since 2016/17 when they came back up to the Premiership - but obviously the TV and sponsor money in England is also staggering.

It will be interesting to see which type of players his system finds for Hearts.

There's no way to translate an EPL club's spending to Hearts, but we do also have the USG example.

18/19: 0 in, €930k out

19/20: €2m in, €1.24m out

20/21: 0 in, €300k out

21/22: €7m in, €1.16m out

22/23: €12.5m in, €7.48m out

23/24: €38.05m in, €16.6m out

24/25: €24.4m in, €15.9m out

That spending in the first 4 years isn't particularly unrealistic for Hearts, but the fees generated from those signings over the following years are way beyond what we've managed and have helped them incrementally increase their spending power.

As I said before, there's no guarantee that will be replicated here, but even a fraction of that trading success at Hearts would be a bit of a game changer.

Edited by DC92

Aberdeen tickets announced. £32.

Aberdeen have a f**king cheek charging that for a crumbling terrace with seats bolted on in an away end where you can't see the game and half the time they can't sell you a f**king pie. Given that the seats are unused and unusable, it's essentially 1970s facilities. Hopefully we punish them in the only suitable way; with a sound thrashing.

Expensive time to be a Hearts supporter. Plzen already out the way, many already booked up for the two European aways to come, three of the opening five in the league already away, £37 at Celtic last week, £27 for St Mirren, and an away derby on the horizon.

f**k the team, need some home games soon to save the f**king wallet.

Edited by VincentGuerin