OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

4 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Tony Docherty should be Hearts target.

No, he shouldn't.

We have a good budget, we want to be playing group stage football in Europe on a regular basis, so the club should be building the infrastructure of the club appropriately.

Hiring guys who have coached our B-Team or Dundee is not the answer here.

1 minute ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

No thanks to anyone in the league.   Unless Rodgers fancies a change of pace. 

There’s a big world out there

Absolutely.

Had Sportsound on for two minutes and heard the inevitable McInnes/Robinson etc chat.

Not interested.

We need to be thinking long-term. Where do we want to be and how do we get there.

Given what's going on lately, I'd be amazed if Bloom and hs crew aren't involved in the process.

Edited by VincentGuerin

3 hours ago, DC92 said:

Remarkably we actually have a better points total from Rangers, Celtic, Dundee, Motherwell and St Mirren from the first round of games this season (1) than we did last season (0). We won't match last season's tally but it's a reminder there are loads of points to play for.

It’s a good spin, but there is the proper way to look at it. Looking at your equivalent matches, ie first home match against Rangers, first away match against Celtic, and so on, and substituting Livingston for Dundee United, Hearts had 9 points not 0.

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It’s a good spin, but there is the proper way to look at it. Looking at your equivalent matches, ie first home match against Rangers, first away match against Celtic, and so on, and substituting Livingston for Dundee United, Hearts had 9 points not 0.

How the spin here should work is whatever your preference is.

But in terms of our season, the overall point stands. Results are bad, but once you contextualise the situation, we've still got a path to recovery this season. We've had 4 away out of 6 (while playing both OF) and only had one home game against non-OF opposition. That's a lot of winnable games to come.

I've wanted Naismith out for ages (I never wantef him hired) as I think long-term he's an example of poor thinking that will always leave us short of where we want to be.

Had we replaced our fixtures with the OF so far this season with St Johnstone and Ross County, there's a decent chance we'd be on 5-7 points and he'd be at the club until the new year.

This way we get to move on earlier and have a clear think about where we should be going. This is a good day.

Edited by VincentGuerin

3 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

How the spin here should work is whatever your preference is.

But in terms of our season, the overall point stands. Results are bad, but once you contextualise the situation, we've still got a path to recovery this season. We've had one home game against non-OF opposition. That's a lot of winnable games to come.

I've wanted Naismith out for ages (I never wantef him hired) as I think long-term he's an example of poor thinking that will always leave us short of where we want to be.

Had we replaced our fixtures with the OF so far this season with St Johnstone and Ross County, there's a decent chance we'd be on 5-7 points and he'd be at the club until the new year.

This way we get to move on earlier and have a clear think about where we should be going. This is a good day.

I know that this is always your preferred way to look at things, look at who you’ve still to play and work out how many points you will get in your upcoming games to give Hearts fans some solace. One game at a time. Aberdeen made that mistake last season by having us winning all our games in hand, and we ended up by winning none of them. Obviously Hearts do have a loads of games to get back on track, although I think they’ll struggle to make second.

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I know that this is always your preferred way to look at things, look at who you’ve still to play and work out how many points you will get in your upcoming games to give Hearts fans some solace. One game at a time. Aberdeen made that mistake last season by having us winning all our games in hand, and we ended up by winning none of them. Obviously Hearts do have a loads of games to get back on track, although I think they’ll struggle to make second.

Well, aye. I mean any other way at looking at a league part of the way through is silly. Having 1 point from our six fixtures is bad, but recoverable. If we'd had easy games but lost at home to Ross County and St Johnstone and had the OF coming up, for example, I'd be writing us off.

Would you look at a team with 0 points from two games having played both the OF and say they're going to lose every game? Of course not.

Whatever the fixture list you shouldn't lose as many games as we have. I think you see a malaise setting in and a team gets into a rut. The pattern of the game confirmed that yesterday as much as anything else. Hearts actually played quite well for a decent stretch of the game.

Said on this thread many times that we're going to be quite low down the table right up until at least the end of November. Be astonished if we're top six by then. What will define our season is how we do in the run of fixtures we have through December and January.

Edited by VincentGuerin

38 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Nope. The fact we lost at home to Motherwell and later beat them away, or lost at home to Celtic and later beat them away reflects the time of the season in which those matches were played and our improvement from November on, not the venue. It would be completely incorrect to use last season's results to suggest we're more likely to beat Motherwell and Celtic away rather than at home.

7 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Nope. The fact we lost at home to Motherwell and later beat them away, or lost at home to Celtic and later beat them away reflects the time of the season in which those matches were played and our improvement from November on, not the venue. It would be completely incorrect to use last season's results to suggest we're more likely to beat Motherwell and Celtic away rather than at home.

Anyway, there’s something even funnier happening at Celtic Park.